Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library
C3G Legacy Library This is the archive for all the designs released in the original era of C3G. Feel free to post any figure specific questions in their individual books.

Notices

Old July 27th, 2011, 12:44 AM
Founding Member of C3G and C3V

Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby!
Re: The Book of Iron Man Stealth Suit - DESIGNING

Just need A3n now.
Old July 27th, 2011, 08:45 PM

Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby!

Still no A3n?

Nice report.

Check out Silver Surfer's power text and the placement of Stealth Flying.

Once the final Iron Man piece is in place, I would love to allow you to play them all early and post your experience public. Let me run it by the group first though.
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidlhsl
Griffin: "Hello! May I help you?"

David: "Hi. Yes, I'm looking for a new Iron Man. My Iron Man has over 200,000 miles on it, and I'm looking to trade it in when the new models are released."

Griffin: "Well, you're in luck. We have a couple of new prototype models in our showroom that I'd like to show you."

David: "Cool!"

Grffin: "By the way, my name's Griffin. What's yours?"

David: "David."

Griffin: "Nice to meet you, David. Let's go over here and check out our first model."

Iron Man - Hulkbuster

Griffin: "Over here, we have our Hulkbuster model. Have you test driven our She-Hulk?"

David: "Oh, yes! Her Hard Body defense is a very clever mechanic."

Griffin: "Then you're going to love Hulkbuster. New for 2012, Hulkbuster has a Hard Body type defense. It caps the extra dice to 4, but check this out." (opens panel on Iron Man)

David: "Counter Strike?!!!"

Griffin: "Pretty clever, huh?"

David: "Wow, that is impressive!"

Griffin (closes panel, then knocks on Iron Man's chest): "And (thump-thump), this Iron Man is also Immovable."

David: "Hmmm, but it only works on special abilities and not glyphs."

Griffin: ... (I'm assuming yes.) "By the way, did you notice the size?"

David: "Oh, I almost missed that! He's Large, so that should take care of Temporal Displacement, but Makluan Electromagnetic Rings will still move him."

Griffin: ... (I'm assuming yes.) "Finally, he comes standard with Super Strength and Flying. Ready to see our next model?"

David: "Sure!"

Iron Man - Stealth Suit

Griffin: "Here it is. We're especially proud of this one!"

David: "What do you mean? There's nothing here."

Grffin (presses remote to reveal Iron Man Stealth Suit): "Ta-Daaa!"

David: "Wow! Hey, he's got Stealth Dodge, which I've seen before. He also has Stealth Flying. Wait -- you've got it in the middle of the abilities rather than the bottom where I'm used to seeing it."

Griffin: "That's correct. This is placed in the order in which the ability takes place during a turn."

David: "Oh, of course, Sherman Davies did this recently with his Power Girl design. In this case, it was the Flying text. I do understand the reasoning, but it will take some getting used to. Your Hawkgirl and Angel have Stealth Flying at the bottom currently."

Grffin (presses button on remote, sending Iron Man moving 4 feet away): "He also has Hyper Speed 4. At the end of the turn, he can move an additional 4 spaces. Remember, David, that this also works with his Stealth Flying ability, so he's protected from engagement strikes."

David (laughs): "Thanks! I guess you've seen me play Heroscape, huh? I'll try to remember that."

Griffin: "And, as always, he comes standard with Super Strength and Flying."

Final Thoughts

Griffin: "Any questions?"

David: "Actually, no. Other than the fact that Stealth Flying's text position will take some getting used to, I think they're both solid. When can I take delivery?"

Griffin: "Now that is something I'm afraid I can't tell you. But I believe you'll be pleased with the results when we release our entire fleet to the public."

David: "I know it's against the rules, but I may very well have an all-Iron Man battle!"

Griffin: "Once you've signed the paperwork and take the keys, they're yours to do whatever you want. Just have fun, ok?"

David (shakes Griffin's hand): "I know I will. Thanks a lot!"
Old July 27th, 2011, 08:50 PM

Thanks. Believe it or not, Hulkbuster isn't as bad as it looks. It really can be at times, but with a low attack roll of 2 or 3 skulls, it is pretty easy to sneak in a wound without counterstrike. Heck, I didn't even test it with the cap AT ALL and it balanced out incredibly well.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1Mmirg
More fun stuff--thanks, Griff!

A few thoughts:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Griffin
For your viewing and commenting pleasure gentlemen. I present my last two Iron Man LDs for the year:

HULKBUSTER
Quote:
NAME = IRON MAN
SECRET IDENTITY = TONY STARK

SPECIES = HUMAN
UNIQUENESS = UNIQUE HERO
CLASS = GUARDIAN
PERSONALITY = ARROGANT
SIZE/HEIGHT = LARGE 6

LIFE = 6
MOVE = 5
RANGE = 1
ATTACK = 8
DEFENSE = 4
POINTS = 360
[Some very solid stats--this guy is definitely a beast!]

HULKBUSTER
When rolling defense dice, roll one additional defense die for each skull rolled by the attacking figure up to 4 additional defense dice. If the attacking figure is adjacent, count all excess shields rolled as unblockable hits on the attacking figure.

[Woah. Hard Body mixed with Counterstrike. Ouch. Glad to see a limit on it, though it is still a heck of a power. Attacking this guy while adjacent is just plain nuts! This is definitely the most draft-centric unit I've seen in the C3G--I see why it's called Hulkbuster. Trying to balance the points will be tough. This guy makes melee cry in a sad corner.]

IMMOVABLE
Iron Man may not be moved by any special power on an Army Card unless the player controlling Iron Man allows him to be moved.

SUPER STRENGTH

FLYING
STEALTH SUIT
Quote:
NAME = IRON MAN

SPECIES = HUMAN
UNIQUENESS = UNIQUE HERO
CLASS = AGENT [nice]
PERSONALITY = ARROGANT
SIZE/HEIGHT = MEDIUM 5

LIFE = 4
MOVE = 6
RANGE = 6
ATTACK = 4
DEFENSE = 6
POINTS = 270
[This seems a little low to me, but who knows; I've been wrong plenty of time before. Being a single attacker (and not a big hitter by C3G standards) helps lower the cost, but this is one solid hit and run unit...]

STEALTH DODGE
When Iron Man rolls defense dice against an attacking figure who is not adjacent, one shield will block all damage.

STEALTH FLYING

When Iron Man starts to fly, if he is engaged he will not take any leaving engagement attacks.

[Very nice power to mix with Stealth Dodge (and Hyper Speed). Nice.]

HYPER SPEED 4

After taking a turn with Iron Man, Iron Man may move up to an additional 4 spaces.

[This guy will be the bane of many games and maps. He only hits once and only at 4, but man he'll be an absolute pain to track down and take out. Ironically--with Hulkbuster just above--Hulk and other Leapers will be the ones most likely to take him out--adjacent, even with a weaker attack, is worth it on this guy.]

SUPER STRENGTH

FLYING

Very fun units. Love the powers. Love the reuse of classic powers in smart new ways.

I predict these will be really hard to price. They have very situational powers. They are very draft-worthy units (and also very counter-draftable). Will be hard to nail down a fair price. With units priced based on their best uses in Scape, this means that each of these will feel very overpriced when used in anything other than their ideal use.

Definitely fun and worth the work to figure out. Thanks for sharing them! V
Old July 27th, 2011, 08:52 PM

Yeah, squads get their butts kicked really hard for a while, then the attrition works its magic and down goes Hulkbuster. Glad you like.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hahma
Quote:
Originally Posted by Griffin
For your viewing and commenting pleasure gentlemen. I present my last two Iron Man LDs for the year:

HULKBUSTER
Quote:
NAME = IRON MAN

SPECIES = HUMAN
UNIQUENESS = UNIQUE HERO
CLASS = GUARDIAN
PERSONALITY = ARROGANT
SIZE/HEIGHT = LARGE 6

LIFE = 6
MOVE = 5
RANGE = 1
ATTACK = 8
DEFENSE = 4
POINTS = 360

HULKBUSTER
When rolling defense dice, roll one additional defense die for each skull rolled by the attacking figure up to 4 additional defense dice. If the attacking figure is adjacent, count all excess shields rolled as unblockable hits on the attacking figure.

IMMOVABLE
Iron Man may not be moved by any special power on an Army Card unless the player controlling Iron Man allows him to be moved.

SUPER STRENGTH

FLYING
STEALTH SUIT
Quote:
NAME = IRON MAN

SPECIES = HUMAN
UNIQUENESS = UNIQUE HERO
CLASS = AGENT
PERSONALITY = ARROGANT
SIZE/HEIGHT = MEDIUM 5

LIFE = 4
MOVE = 6
RANGE = 6
ATTACK = 4
DEFENSE = 6
POINTS = 270

STEALTH DODGE
When Iron Man rolls defense dice against an attacking figure who is not adjacent, one shield will block all damage.

STEALTH FLYING

When Iron Man starts to fly, if he is engaged he will not take any leaving engagement attacks.

HYPER SPEED 4

After taking a turn with Iron Man, Iron Man may move up to an additional 4 spaces.

SUPER STRENGTH

FLYING

Great job Griff and co. Those designs look real tight to me. The Stealth Suit feels stealthy and the Hulkbuster looks like it was meant to go against the Hulk and other big baddies with a lot of attack strength. The Hulkbuster power is cool in that it shows how it absorbs an attack. It still looks like squads will have a chance over time with a lot of them, as it should be.

I have nothing else to say other than these guys add more coolness to the already awesome Iron Man Armor Faction.
Old July 28th, 2011, 12:40 AM

Apparently this passed on time to Playtesting.
Old August 2nd, 2011, 03:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hidicul
C3G STANDARD PLAYTEST FEEDBACK FORM

NAME OF THE TEST UNIT IRON MAN (STEALTH SUIT)

- THEME TEST/ Check to see if there are any powers or stats on the test unit card that does not accurately reflect the theme or likeness of what the character would and could do. Also consider destructible objects, and whether or not this characters powers should affect them.
PASS

- MIRROR TEST/ Check to see if the unit were played against itself, if there would be any loops that would upset the balance of the Game.
PASS

- BONDING TEST/ Compare the unit card with all possible currently existing Bonding abilities to make sure there are no continual Bonding possibilities that do not stop appropriately or do not stop at all. This is to prevent loops in Bonding.
PASS

- SYNERGIES TEST/ Compare the unit card with all possible currently existing synergies to make sure there are no factors that could break the game by making any unit to powerful or too weak.
PASS

- POWER CHECK/ Consider the test unit and all existing units and all glyphs to compare to and check for any powers that could be over amplified and break the game. Each power must define when it takes place, who or what it affects, and What are the stipulations on the power if there are any.
PASS

- FUN TEST/ Consider whether or not the design was fun to play.
PASS

- FUN COMPETITIVE TEST/ Consider whether or not the design was fun to play against.
PASS

- DRAFTING TEST/ Consider whether or not this design is worth drafting.
PASS

- USAGE TEST/ Consider whether or not all of the powers on this card were used or at least usable.
PASS

- STRATEGY TEST/ Consider whether or not the design offers any real strategy or interesting tactics to the overall game.
PASS

Army Test
- Does it pass, Yes or No? .YES
- What should be the unit's point value? .I'M NOT SURE 270 IS ABOUT RIGHT, BUT I'M SURE IT'S PRETTY CLOSE. I'D SUGGEST DOUBLE CHECKING ALL THE INFO JUST TO MAKE SURE.
- Give a brief overview. .THIS WAS PRETTY ONE SIDED, THOUGH THE CRIMINALS DID HAVE A FEW GOOD TURNS.
Map: .TURRET ROCKS
Units: .Iron Man, 4 x SHIELD Agents, 4x SHIELD Snipers, and 4x SHIELD Spotters (970) vs King Pin, Elektra, 2x Hand Ninjas, Hired Guns and Lex Luthor (Battle Suit) (970)
Spoiler Alert!

Army Test
- Does it pass, Yes or No? .YES
- What should be the unit's point value? .SAME AS ABOVE TEST
- Give a brief overview. .WITH A NICE LITTLE TRAP USING IRON MAN, HIS TEAM WON.
Map: .TURRET ROCKS
Units: .Superman and Batman (Bruce) (600) vs Iron Man, Green Arrow (Oliver), and Black Canary (600)
Spoiler Alert!

I'm not sure if it's important, but shouldn't Stealth Flying be the last power on the card? If I'm rembering right, Flying powers have always been the last power on the card even though normally they are the first that can be used.
Thanks Hidicul. I am gonna evaluate your results further, but upon skimming it, this is going to be EXTREMELY helpful.

Stealth Flying or Flying (on official cards) is always on the bottom of a card, except for Silver Surfer which this card is loosely based on. Still, we may move it to the bottom anyways. There was one design recently though where we felt that the Flying power should definitely be at the top.

Thanks again.
Old August 2nd, 2011, 10:50 AM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Feeling 270-280 right now ... hopefully the last test can give us that final bit of clarity. Any chance of getting you to update the title to Playtesting? Just makes it easier to keep track of where everything is.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old August 8th, 2011, 02:50 AM
"Let's Nut this Unit Out!"

A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth
Re: The Book of Iron Man Stealth Suit - PLAYTESTING

From Margloth:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margloth
Oops. Submitted before I got to the 2nd test. Here's the whole thing.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Margloth
C3G STANDARD PLAYTEST FEEDBACK FORM

NAME OF THE TEST UNIT Stealth Suit Iron Man

- THEME TEST/ Check to see if there are any powers or stats on the test unit card that does not accurately reflect the theme or likeness of what the character would and could do. Also consider destructible objects, and whether or not this characters powers should affect them.
Pass

- MIRROR TEST/ Check to see if the unit were played against itself, if there would be any loops that would upset the balance of the Game.
Pass

- BONDING TEST/ Compare the unit card with all possible currently existing Bonding abilities to make sure there are no continual Bonding possibilities that do not stop appropriately or do not stop at all. This is to prevent loops in Bonding.
Pass

- SYNERGIES TEST/ Compare the unit card with all possible currently existing synergies to make sure there are no factors that could break the game by making any unit to powerful or too weak.
Pass

- POWER CHECK/ Consider the test unit and all existing units and all glyphs to compare to and check for any powers that could be over amplified and break the game. Each power must define when it takes place, who or what it affects, and What are the stipulations on the power if there are any.
Pass

- FUN TEST/ Consider whether or not the design was fun to play.
Pass

- FUN COMPETITIVE TEST/ Consider whether or not the design was fun to play against.
Hmmm... I'm gonna pass him... but unless you catch him being stupid or lazy, or after an initiative switch, he's crazy frustrating to attack.

- DRAFTING TEST/ Consider whether or not this design is worth drafting.
Pass

- USAGE TEST/ Consider whether or not all of the powers on this card were used or at least usable.
Pass

- STRATEGY TEST/ Consider whether or not the design offers any real strategy or interesting tactics to the overall game.
Pass

Army Test
- Does it pass, Yes or No? Yes
- What should be the unit's point value? 270 felt fine here, because he was against 2 units that countered him well. If he hadn't had Guy on his team to blitz Hal, he coulda been crushed.
- Give a brief overview. Speedsters may be your best bet against this guy... he may be the ultimate kiter. His only problem is that for his points he doesn't have a ton of offensive power.
Map: X Marks the Spot
Units: Stealth Iron Man, Guy Gardner (590) vs. Flash, Hal Jordan (600)

Spoiler Alert!

Army Test
- Does it pass, Yes or No? Yes
- What should be the unit's point value? 270 was fine... maybe a bit less. He's both crazy hard to hit... and sometimes really puny for a almost 300 point figure.
- Give a brief overview. Ultron just couldn't seem to catch Iron Man at all forever... and Tony just kited and kited. Finally, Tony whiffed, taking 3 wounds, and finally Ultron backed him into a corner. Ultron really only made it because Tony only rolled over 3 skulls once or twice, and the auto-shields stopped a lot of damage.
Map: X Marks the Spot
Units: Stealth Iron Man, SHIELD Agents x3, SHIELD Sniper x2 (680) vs. Ultron (680)

Spoiler Alert!
Old August 8th, 2011, 02:55 AM

Thanks A3n.

I propose we move to final editing at 270.
Old August 8th, 2011, 03:04 AM
C3G's First Fan

Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth

Yea.

Semi-Retired C3G Hero
(and first Official Member of the C3G Target Audience!)

The correct way to add C3G playtests to posts.
My favorite day EVER on heroscapers.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.
RIP George Perez
Old August 8th, 2011, 06:51 AM
"Let's Nut this Unit Out!"

A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth

Yea
Old August 8th, 2011, 08:30 AM
Business Casual

SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth

yea

I know that I do not know.
C3G INDEX - SSE 92 - JSA GENERATIONS

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library