Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Media > Movies
Movies Not Heroscape-related.

Old May 1st, 2008, 11:56 PM
The Orc Master

Browncoat is surprisingly tart
Movie: Iron Man

Just saw the movie. The local theater was one of many across the nation that were showing a sneak peek a day early. Definitely worth the price of admission!

Iron Man was one of the very few comics I enjoyed as a kid, and the movie did it justice. Robert Downey Jr. as Tony Stark...excellent. The one drawback was Gweneth Paltrow, but that's just because I can't stand her. She played a good role though.
Old May 2nd, 2008, 12:16 AM
Which Team Am I On?...

Tiberius has disabled reputation
Re: Movie: Iron Man

I am glad to hear that browncoat, I was going to go see it tomorrow in my day off. I was hoping it would live up to my expectations of the comics. I enjoyed some of them too.

Tiberius is Rogue...
aboard STARSHIP THETA...
Old May 2nd, 2008, 12:18 AM

soberman knows what's in an order marker soberman knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Browncoat View Post
Just saw the movie. The local theater was one of many across the nation that were showing a sneak peek a day early. Definitely worth the price of admission!
It is getting lots of good press. Great news, as this is the first Marvel-produced Marvel movie.

Quote:
Iron Man was one of the very few comics I enjoyed as a kid, and the movie did it justice. Robert Downey Jr. as Tony Stark...excellent. The one drawback was Gweneth Paltrow, but that's just because I can't stand her. She played a good role though.
The critics seem to especially enjoy the chemistry between these 2. I'd say leave her politics at the door next time!

EDIT: So far, us guys in this thread are just "getting noticed". Maybe we need to write blogs?
Old May 2nd, 2008, 02:09 AM

Marro_of_Doom has disabled reputation

I had high expectations for this movie after watching the trailers, and I was not dissappointed. I have, however, been somewhat surprised at the lack of marketing for this movie. It seems like Iron Man missed his invitation to the marketing party that Indiana Jones and Batman were invited to...

Old May 2nd, 2008, 03:27 AM

ProSpecT is surprisingly tart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marro_of_Doom View Post
I had high expectations for this movie after watching the trailers, and I was not dissappointed. I have, however, been somewhat surprised at the lack of marketing for this movie. It seems like Iron Man missed his invitation to the marketing party that Indiana Jones and Batman were invited to...
Really? because I've seen the commercial for this movie more times than I can count on at least 10 different TV stations and have seen it at the movie theater at least 4 out of the last 5 times I've gone to see a movie.

Old May 2nd, 2008, 06:03 AM
You can't go wrong with [insert thing you can't go wrong with here]

spidysox rolls all skulls baby! spidysox rolls all skulls baby! spidysox rolls all skulls baby! spidysox rolls all skulls baby! spidysox rolls all skulls baby!

I can't wait to see this movie. Every new preview looks better than the last one. Hopefully I'll be able to see it tomorrow.

"A good teacher is like a candle: it consumes itself to light the way for others." -Anonymous
Old May 2nd, 2008, 06:31 AM

ewabbie knows what's in an order marker ewabbie knows what's in an order marker
Smile Re: Movie: Iron Man

I was hoping this movie would get good reviews. I normally do not care for superhero type of movies but I grew up loving the Iron Man comic book and was looking forward to seeing it. It will go something like this..... "OK, I will take the kids to a movie even though I have a lot of work to do today...."

Old May 2nd, 2008, 12:47 PM

hex706f726368 has disabled reputation

Watched this movie last night and loved it. Make sure you stick around until the end of the credits!

Huge thank you to these sponsors of the 2008 Arizona National Heroscape Day
Cavalier Games - House Mouse Games - War Gamers Headquarters - Vixen Tor Games - Wizards of the Coast
Old May 2nd, 2008, 02:23 PM

Location: Kansas City metro area (Grain Valley, Blue Springs)
paradox22 knows what's in an order marker paradox22 knows what's in an order marker

It was an awesome Marvel movie... best one since siperman 2 IMO. And yes... make sure you stay until AFTER the credits roll for a sneak peak of whats to come.. so...mother-freakin...cool!

Get your Kansas City Metro Scaping fix here: http://kcheroscapers.getphpbb.com/forum.html
Old May 2nd, 2008, 03:02 PM
Huge Fanboy

Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Not a spoiler, more of a warning. Stay past the credits.

GAME OVER Moon Pie!
Old May 2nd, 2008, 05:59 PM

Naruto Woo who?

I Plan to see it tomorow chech this out http://movies.yahoo.com/summer-movie...08411893/#info
I found it a Yahoo and i will stay past the credits last time i regreted it when i saw X men 3 they said somrthing happened at the end of the credits
Old May 2nd, 2008, 06:10 PM
"our design team knows what it's doing"

NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth

I SAW IRONMAN!!!

SPOILER ALERT

Here's a quick rundown of the movie:

Arena of the Valkyire - Help create Heroscape's next Master Set!
Trade List
C3V Brainstorm
never not funny
Pepperony - 14/09/13

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Media > Movies