Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library
C3G Legacy Library This is the archive for all the designs released in the original era of C3G. Feel free to post any figure specific questions in their individual books.

Notices

Old June 16th, 2010, 01:34 PM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth
The Book of Madame HYDRA

The Book of Madame HYDRA

C3G MARVEL WAVE 5
WORLD'S VILEST

Mini PDF

The figure used for this unit is a Heroclix figure from the Xplosion set.
Its model number and name are #031-033 / Viper.
Its model number and name are #211 / Madame Hydra..

The figure used for this unit is a Heroclix figure from the Universe set.
Its model number and name are #037-039 / Viper.
Character Bio - Madame Hydra was orphaned as a child in Hungary and was among 12 children taken in by HYDRA. She was raised and trained for 22 years by Commander Kraken and was his best student. She rose up through the ranks of HYDRA and eventually attained the title Madame Hydra and became the leader of HYDRA when Baron von Strucker was believed dead. She battled Captain America many times and after one time she was believed to be dead but had been kidnapped by the Space Phantom. When she returned, she broke ties with HYDRA for a while and assassinated a criminal named Viper and took his name. She's run criminal and terrorist organizations ever since and many times has attempted to kill thousands, if not millions of people with deadly gas or poisoned water systems. Her nihilistic ways have made it hard for other villains to work with her as she enjoys spreading death around her. She has rejoined HYDRA and only recently has resumed the name Madame Hydra and is among one of a few leaders of HYDRA.

-Rulings and Clarifications-
  • N/A

-Combinations and Synergies-

Incoming Synergy:Outgoing Synergy:
  • Madame HYDRA can boost Terrorist figures' attack with her Lead by Example special power. Current Terrorists.
  • Criminals and Terrorists allow Madame HYDRA to use her Necessary Sacrifices special power. Current Criminals and Terrorists.

-Immunities, Benefits, and Weaknesses-

Immunities:Benefits:Weaknesses:_________________________________________________________________

-Strategy, Tactics and Tips-
  • N/A
-Heroscapers Community Contributions-

Hand of fate is moving and the finger points to you
...Iron Maiden - The Wicker Man

TUTORIAL FOR RE-BASING FIGURES

3hrs 43mins 32secs = 1242nd of 8808 overall - 1988 Honolulu Marathon

Last edited by Splash; August 5th, 2022 at 09:27 PM. Reason: png
Old June 16th, 2010, 01:35 PM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth
Re:Viper- Design Phase

NAME = MADAME HYDRA
SECRET IDENTITY = OPHELIA SARKISSIAN

SPECIES = HUMAN
UNIQUENESS = UNIQUE HERO
CLASS = MASTERMIND
PERSONALITY = RUTHLESS

SIZE/HEIGHT = MEDIUM 5

LIFE = 4

MOVE = 6
RANGE = 7
ATTACK = 4
DEFENSE = 4

POINTS = 140

LEAD BY EXAMPLE
If Madame HYDRA destroys 1 or more opponent's figures in a round, you may add 1 die to the attack of all Terrorist figures you control for the remainder of that round.

VENOMOUS STRIKES SPECIAL ATTACK
Range 2. Attack 2.
When attacking an opponent's small or medium figure with Venomous Strikes Special Attack, if Madame HYDRA rolls a skull on every die, the defending figure cannot roll any defense dice. If Madame HYDRA destroys a figure with Venomous Strikes Special Attack, she may attack again with Venomous Strikes Special Attack.

NECESSARY SACRIFICES
Anytime Madame HYDRA rolls defense against an attack and would receive 1 or more wounds, you may choose 1 Terrorist or Criminal figure you control adjacent to Madame HYDRA. The chosen figure receives any wounds from the attack instead of Madame HYDRA.

Original Post:
Spoiler Alert!

Last edited by SirGalahad; April 27th, 2014 at 01:43 AM.
Old June 16th, 2010, 02:01 PM
Founding Member of C3G and C3V

Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby!
Re: VIPER - Design Phase

Quote:
COMMAND TACTICS- After revealing an Order Marker on this card, if Viper does not attack this turn, you may instead attack with up to 3 figures you control from the same Unique Squad.
But I am planning on creating the "Hired Guns" for the Criminal Faction, and their power is:
Shoot Out
After revealing an Order Marker on any Crimelord or Master Mind you control, instead of attacking with that Crimelord or Master Mind, you may attack with Hired Guns.

So with the way you have Viper's wording, not only would it be redundant, but also conflicting with SHOOT OUT. I wish I had a better suggestion right now, but I don't, sorry.

Quote:
TELEPORTATION RING -Instead of moving Viper normally, you may choose any empty space that is up to 2 levels above or below her base and within 8 spaces of Viper. Place Viper on the chosen space. When Viper starts to teleport, if she is engaged she will not take any leaving engagement attacks.
Cool, but I had no idea that she even had this until you had told me on the phone. Are you sure that this is iconic enough?

Quote:
SACRIFICES MUST BE MADE - Anytime Viper rolls defense dice against an attack and would receive 1 or more wounds, choose 1 figure you control adjacent to Viper. Instead of giving any wounds to Viper, you may give the chosen figure all wounds Viper would have received from that attack.
I like this theme, and I know it is thematic, but it still seems too similar to the Cops for my taste. Could you possibly alter it slightly to make it a bit more unique to her? Sorry I don't have any great ideas right now, I really am.
Old June 16th, 2010, 04:40 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

I think Command Tactics should only work with a specific type of Unique Squad, like "Terrorists" or something. Otherwise we run into the possibility of having before/after/during attacking powers on the chosen Unique Squad and having interpretive issues as to which powers come into play or not.
I dig the theme on the powers here - she seems like fun.
What's with you guys switching the order of the range and attack values lately, though?

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old June 16th, 2010, 08:37 PM
Prickly Cactus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Griffin View Post
Quote:
COMMAND TACTICS- After revealing an Order Marker on this card, if Viper does not attack this turn, you may instead attack with up to 3 figures you control from the same Unique Squad.
But I am planning on creating the "Hired Guns" for the Criminal Faction, and their power is:
Shoot Out
After revealing an Order Marker on any Crimelord or Master Mind you control, instead of attacking with that Crimelord or Master Mind, you may attack with Hired Guns.

So with the way you have Viper's wording, not only would it be redundant, but also conflicting with SHOOT OUT. I wish I had a better suggestion right now, but I don't, sorry.

Quote:
TELEPORTATION RING -Instead of moving Viper normally, you may choose any empty space that is up to 2 levels above or below her base and within 8 spaces of Viper. Place Viper on the chosen space. When Viper starts to teleport, if she is engaged she will not take any leaving engagement attacks.
Cool, but I had no idea that she even had this until you had told me on the phone. Are you sure that this is iconic enough?

Quote:
SACRIFICES MUST BE MADE - Anytime Viper rolls defense dice against an attack and would receive 1 or more wounds, choose 1 figure you control adjacent to Viper. Instead of giving any wounds to Viper, you may give the chosen figure all wounds Viper would have received from that attack.
I like this theme, and I know it is thematic, but it still seems too similar to the Cops for my taste. Could you possibly alter it slightly to make it a bit more unique to her? Sorry I don't have any great ideas right now, I really am.
Well at least her base stats seem okay...so far

For Command Tactics - I'll work on something different for that somehow.

As for Teleportation Ring being iconic - I don't know how iconic it is but I thought it was a cool/fun power to give her considering she's used one. Here's a list of her powers and abilities to choose from. I had thought about using the poison darts/fangs type attack and maybe that would work instead of Command Tactics.

From Wiki:
"Viper has no superhuman abilities but her strength, speed, reflexes, agility, dexterity, coordination, balance, and endurance are of the order of an Olympic athlete. She is a great swordswoman and even greater markswoman with most long range weapons, and has extensive training in hand-to-hand combat. Viper occasionally employs poisoned weapons with snake-motifs, such as venomous darts or artificial fangs filled with poison. She utilizes experimental weaponry, including a ring that enables teleportation, and in X-Treme X-Men [volume & issue needed], she made use of razor-sharp claw attachments apparently built into her gloves. A brilliant strategist and tactician with extensive combat tactical experience, Viper is highly skilled in the management of criminal organizations and very well connected in the international criminal underworld. She is also a master of stealth and espionage. Perhaps her greatest strengths are her influence, the financial resources at her disposal due to her stature in organized crime, and an uncanny luck which has allowed her to cheat death in situations where lesser people would have died. Viper may or may not have supernaturally augmented longevity.
Viper is usually armed with various ray pistols and conventional handguns. She formerly possessed a teleportation ring. She has also used various other special weaponry, including poison-tipped throwing darts, knives, and whips. Inside the hollow caps of her teeth, which she had put on her canines to make them sharp and elongated, is a special poison to which she has an immunity."

Regarding Sacrifices Must Be Made - well...it's different than the Cops in that Cops can take wounds for anyone, but Viper is the only one helped by SMBM. It's also different in that she can give 3 wounds to Hulk if she wants to enrage him, if he's adjacent to her and in her army. She can give the wounds to Thorgrim, Finn or Eldgrim if she wants to. She can most likely give the wounds to HYDRA Agents. Sure the power is similar to Cops power but would play different. Cops are drafted for that reason and you don't mind losing a Cop to save a hero, but you might have to make some tough choices or strategic ones will be available IMO for SMBM. How many different d20 defensive powers are there that are similar? Evasive Strike, Spidey Sense, Spider Sense, Stray, Radar Sense. They are similar but are thematic. What about the different Leaps or Grapple/Swing-Lines? What about 1 shield defenses or Tough? I mean, eventually there are going to be similar powers on cards because in the superhero world, so many heroes/villains have similar powers/abilities.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman View Post
I think Command Tactics should only work with a specific type of Unique Squad, like "Terrorists" or something. Otherwise we run into the possibility of having before/after/during attacking powers on the chosen Unique Squad and having interpretive issues as to which powers come into play or not.
I dig the theme on the powers here - she seems like fun.
What's with you guys switching the order of the range and attack values lately, though?

Yeah, I can totally see the issue with Unique Heroes. I was trying to find something different but forgot the issues they can have. I had tried having the power work with Hydra Agents, but when doing some light playtesting with her and some Hydra Agents, I didn't see why she'd every use it when they have Ruthless Mastermind Bonding. Why only move her and only attack with the Hydra Agents when you can take a full turn with each with Ruthless Mastermind Bonding? So I looked a different way. The only problem I see with using the power for a Unique Squad of Terrorists, is that I don't know who a US of Terrorists would be. Would they have to be some generic squad of Terrorists? Being Unique, that would kind of limit the power only working on one unit and how effective or useful would that be? Also, we might have trouble finding more figures for generic units. I don't know, we'll have to see. I might just try to scrap the how power and maybe giver her the Venomous Special Attack I had been thinking about.

Old June 16th, 2010, 09:53 PM

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

I love Sacrifices Must Be Made, personally - and I love your explanation of it.
Do HYDRA Agents have to have Ruthless Mastermind bonding? Is that something we might reconsider to make a power like this more workable?

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old June 16th, 2010, 10:18 PM
Prickly Cactus

Quote:
I love Sacrifices Must Be Made, personally - and I love your explanation of it.
Do HYDRA Agents have to have Ruthless Mastermind bonding? Is that something we might reconsider to make a power like this more workable?
Thanks for SMBM love

Regarding Ruthless Mastermind bonding. It was kind of a key tie in to get more options for using HYDRA Agents with Red Skull, Viper and Baron Strucker, as all of them have had leadership roles in HYDRA. I was also hoping it could help give Red Skull more use as an attack option instead of sitting back and just directing things. Also, from what I've read in recent comics with HYDRA vs. SHIELD in Secret Warriors, the agents went in first and the leaders followed, doing their thing.

I have been trying to work on some other powers in place of Command Tactics.

One could be

Target Assignment - At the start of the game, choose an opponent's unique hero or a destructible object as the Target Assignment. As long as Viper remains in the game, any Terrorist you control may add 3 to their move if they can attack the chosen Target Assignment during their turn.

Or

Terrorist Tactics - If a Terrorist figure you control is engaged with an opponent's figure and is attacked by a non-adjacent opponent's figure, the non-adjacent attacking figure rolls 1 less attack die for that attack.

I don't know, just some ideas.

Old June 16th, 2010, 10:28 PM

Hmmm ... what if there were a riff on Greenscale Warriors where she chooses one unique squad at the start of the game and "inspires" them to roll one more attack die the rest of the game, or something like that. Or maybe one more for each wound on her card - something like the MacDirk Agents in reverse?

Old June 16th, 2010, 10:31 PM
Prickly Cactus

Quote:
Hmmm ... what if there were a riff on Greenscale Warriors where she chooses one unique squad at the start of the game and "inspires" them to roll one more attack die the rest of the game, or something like that. Or maybe one more for each wound on her card - something like the MacDirk Agents in reverse?

Yeah, something like that could work. Some kind of inspired leadership deal. I'll try to work something up. The wife just got home from work, so I'm going to hang out with her for a while.

Old June 17th, 2010, 04:11 AM
C3G's First Fan

Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth

I think she would great for a Drop/Swarm type ability. Kinda like Drop on the AE, where they can be placed on any empty hex, but also where she can call as many as you draft, sorta like rats. I think Reinforced Ambush would be a cool name and make it a One Time Only power.

Semi-Retired C3G Hero
(and first Official Member of the C3G Target Audience!)

The correct way to add C3G playtests to posts.
My favorite day EVER on heroscapers.

RIP George Perez
Old June 17th, 2010, 07:17 AM
Prickly Cactus

I see where you're coming from Spidey, as in the recent Secret Warriors comics it seems like the Hydra Agents drop from the sky almost like they are coming from a portal or something. The only concern that I'd have for it would be that it might be very wordy and eat up the bulk of the power text. I guess we can maybe look into it and see though.

One other thing that I just thought of this morning was a boost like Concan gives adjacent Sentinels or Knights of a +1 to attack. Viper could maybe give a +1 to attack for adjacent Agents and Terrorists. It may sound kind of boring, but with her Sacrifices Must Be Made power, it would be an interesting choice of do you want to put figures adjacent to her as she's as likely to let them take the bullet for her as the enemy is to kill them. It might be a risk reward thing. Who knows, we'll come up with something.

Edit: Actually, based on this from Wiki "A brilliant strategist and tactician with extensive combat tactical experience, Viper is highly skilled in the management of criminal organizations and very well connected in the international criminal underworld." She can give a +1 boost to attack to any adjacent figure, not just Agents and Terrorists. She's been around for a very long time and had quite the criminal and terrorist career. Here's the link to Wiki for people to get a little more familiar with her.

Last edited by Hahma; June 17th, 2010 at 08:14 AM.
Old June 17th, 2010, 09:36 AM

Interesting stuff ... and I think the "drop reinforcements" type power is best saved for a Nick Fury "Air Support" power anyway, personally.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library