Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy
C3G Legacy Archive of all the original discussions and workshops from the first stage of C3G.

Old February 6th, 2010, 10:06 AM

DBC knows what's in an order marker DBC knows what's in an order marker DBC knows what's in an order marker
Issue with Knockback

I really like the idea behind the Knockback feature. It gives a comic-book feel to the game. There is however one issue we have stumbled over, that didn't quite make sense:
A figure is knocked back 1 space over an edge, however 4 levels down is a Pine tree. So the figure remains in it's original place and rolls for Knockback Damage, correct?
If this is correct, I'll start having pictures of "Secrets of Monkey Island" in my head. Are the trees really rubber trees?
What about an Extreme Fall?
Finally, what happens if there is not a tree, but a another miniature, at the end of the fall? Should both models roll for Extreme Fall?
Old February 6th, 2010, 12:17 PM

Scott knows what's in an order marker Scott knows what's in an order marker
Re: Issue with Knockback

Why not do it like Jotun's throw? You can knockback a small or medium figure into an open, same-level or lower space up to three clear-sight spaces away in a line created by the two figures. They don't take leaving engagement attacks, they do take falling damage if appropriate. If there aren't any spaces available, they take one wound.

That way you can knock them right over the tree (assuming they start above the tree).
Old February 6th, 2010, 12:53 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBC View Post
I really like the idea behind the Knockback feature. It gives a comic-book feel to the game. There is however one issue we have stumbled over, that didn't quite make sense:
A figure is knocked back 1 space over an edge, however 4 levels down is a Pine tree. So the figure remains in it's original place and rolls for Knockback Damage, correct?
If this is correct, I'll start having pictures of "Secrets of Monkey Island" in my head. Are the trees really rubber trees?
Finally, what happens if there is not a tree, but a another miniature, at the end of the fall? Should both models roll for Extreme Fall?
You cannot move a figure onto an occupied space with these knockback rules. So whether there's a tree or another figure down at the bottom of that cliff, you couldn't move the figure there and you'd have to stop and roll for knockback damage since you couldn't move the figure.
If that seems weird thematically, think about it this way - the figure that's getting knocked back sees he's about to go flying off a cliff, so he does his best to stop his momentum and grab on to that cliff's edge instead, exposing himself more to the punch in the process to further risk taking damage.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old February 6th, 2010, 01:01 PM
Name's Ash... Housewares

Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by DBC View Post
You cannot move a figure onto an occupied space with these knockback rules. So whether there's a tree or another figure down at the bottom of that cliff, you couldn't move the figure there and you'd have to stop and roll for knockback damage since you couldn't move the figure.
If that seems weird thematically, think about it this way - the figure that's getting knocked back sees he's about to go flying off a cliff, so he does his best to stop his momentum and grab on to that cliff's edge instead, exposing himself more to the punch in the process to further risk taking damage.
Not to mention you could always just house-rule it. They're already optional rules. In my games I will allow the person moving the knocked back figure to move the character to any available adjacent space.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy