Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Battle Reports
Battle Reports Reports of your Heroscape Battles

Old February 28th, 2009, 11:14 PM

wk4c knows what's in an order marker wk4c knows what's in an order marker
Maryland Tourny Report

So we headed out to Maryland for another tourny. I was really worried I was going to stink as bad as I did last time, but I guess my army had different plans for me.

Army
Heavy Gruts x3
Stingers x2
Grimnak
Marro Warriors

ROUND 1:
Opponent: Lizard King(cousin)
Opponent’s Army: Iskra, Retchets, Tor-Kul-Na, Krug, Nagrubs x2
Map: Turret Rocks

The match started out with me and my cousin poking at each other, and ended in a one-sided victory for the cause. I sent the stingers out to meet his oncoming retchets, and I took them in a pitched battle. Next, the stingers/Marro warriors met with Torky, and with a little help from the Gruts, the giant fell while inflicting little damage. Iskra also fell. After this, I got pretty lucky and killed Krug without much of a fight at all. After that, it was only a matter of cleanup.

1-0, +500 Points

ROUND 2:
Opponent: Carl
Opponent’s Army: Airborne Elite, Sentinels x2, Sgt. Drake(SotM)
Map: Ice Blossom

This one started off insane. He dropped the Airborne Elite the very first round AND gained initiative! He blew away a squad of Gruts and a squad of Stingers, but besides that I got lucky and killed two of them the next turn. My remaining squad of stingers took height and completely ravaged from then on. All but two sentinels fell to their wrath, and after that it was basically over. Although Drake did put up a decent fight, he and the remaining sentinels were overwhelmed and swarmed to doom.

2-0, +1000 Points

ROUND 3:
Opponent: Pete
Opponent’s Army: Arrow Gruts x2, Swog Riders x4, Mimring, Krug, Marro Warriors
Map: Marr Highway

This match started off with both sides holding back, him popping his warriors on height, me popping my stingers in an ambush position while placing my warriors in a strategic position. We poked at each other for a little. Finally, he made the first move off of a VERY long turn(One of his many(It’s okay, Pete )). He whiffed, and on the next few turns I totally ruined his day with a smashing which was spear-headed by the super stingers who just would NOT die. It was an epic battle in which the amazing stingers dominated. After the tournament, when he wound up at about 17th(?), he gave a special thanks to me…

3-0, +1355 Points

ROUND 4:
Opponent: Spidysox
Opponent’s Army: Taelord, Zettian Guards, Isamu, Stingers x4
Map: Ember Canyon Road

*Facepalm* Oh come on...bad map for my army..amazing map for his...just terrible.

He kept Taelord back and just sniped my face clear off with his super stingers. The highlights of this match was the once again amazing performance of the double stingers, and when my last 4 gruts ravaged the map, killing probably twice their worth. However, the valiant effort was not to be and I wound up losing pretty badly.

3-1, +1550 Points

I wound up 6th, which was a much better performance than my last tournament. I had a ton of fun too, and picked up some rats for my prize. Big thanks to Clancampbell(And the store owner...most notably for the deodorant in the bathroom. Wow.. )

My older cousin got 11th and went 2-2.
My younger cousin got 19th and went 1-3.
My dad got last place at 0-5, but he didn't really mind; he still had a ton of fun. We all did!

Quadraphonic(x2), Hilo-Scaper, SuperflyTNT

1-4/3-1/3-2/3-2
10-9 = 53% Win pct.

Last edited by wk4c; March 1st, 2009 at 06:35 PM.
Old February 28th, 2009, 11:17 PM
All growed up

Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: Maryland Deodorant

You know what I find really funny? There was a bar of Deoderant in the bathroom labled "For customer use"

I'll post my very only battle report when he gets the post-tourny thread up.
Old March 1st, 2009, 11:29 AM

roostertail9000 is surprisingly tart
Re: Maryland Tourny Report

Good report. Did I miss something or did you not tell us your army?

Boise ID Scaper
Old March 1st, 2009, 12:49 PM
GenCon Main Event Champion - 2010, 2011, & 2017

dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth

You didn't miss anything. He mentioned his Marro Warriors, Stingers x2, and (Heavy? Blade?) Gruts. Since this was 500 points, 1 general, I'm going to guess his army was

50 Marro Warriors
120 Marro Stingers x2
210 Heavy Gruts x3
120 Grimnak
500, 24 hexes

Am I close?
Old March 1st, 2009, 12:52 PM
All growed up

Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by dok View Post
You didn't miss anything. He mentioned his Marro Warriors, Stingers x2, and (Heavy? Blade?) Gruts. Since this was 500 points, 1 general, I'm going to guess his army was

50 Marro Warriors
120 Marro Stingers x2
210 Heavy Gruts x3
120 Grimnak
500, 24 hexes

Am I close?
Wow, that's really great reasoning. I saw he was using that at one point in the day, so yeah.
Old March 1st, 2009, 01:08 PM

Thorgrim has disabled reputation

Never mind me... Sounds like you did good

Last edited by Thorgrim; March 1st, 2009 at 01:09 PM. Reason: I was wrong!
Old March 1st, 2009, 06:34 PM

Wow, I'm sorry I missed that. lol wow. But yeah, EP, I hadn't realized how bad the magic junkies were.

1-4/3-1/3-2/3-2
10-9 = 53% Win pct.
Old March 1st, 2009, 08:52 PM
PA/MD/NJ Tourney Promoter - Evil!

tom wears ripped pants of awesomeness tom wears ripped pants of awesomeness tom wears ripped pants of awesomeness tom wears ripped pants of awesomeness tom wears ripped pants of awesomeness tom wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by wk4c View Post
ROUND 4:
Opponent: Spidysox
Opponent’s Army: Taelord, Zettian Guards, Isamu, Stingers x4

Map: Ember Canyon Road

*Facepalm* Oh come on...bad map for my army..amazing map for his...just terrible.

He kept Taelord back and just sniped my face clear off with his super stingers. The highlights of this match was the once again amazing performance of the double stingers, and when my last 4 gruts ravaged the map, killing probably twice their worth. However, the valiant effort was not to be and I wound up losing pretty badly.
That is why I hate that map. It can turn an otherwise competitive army into junk. On the other side of the coin, Spidysox is a very good player so that probably had something to do with the outcome of the match as well .

Quote:
I wound up 6th, which was a much better performance than my last tournament.
Congratulations on going 3-1. There was some pretty stiff compitition at the tourney with many great players and armies.
Old March 1st, 2009, 10:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tom View Post
That is why I hate that map. It can turn an otherwise competitive army into junk. On the other side of the coin, Spidysox is a very good player so that probably had something to do with the outcome of the match as well .
Definitely! I don't want to take anything away from him at all. He played extremely well when he was pressured(Though a minimum ) during that match. Definitely, kudos to Spidysox! It kinda made me feel good that my only loss was to the tourny winner.

1-4/3-1/3-2/3-2
10-9 = 53% Win pct.
Old March 2nd, 2009, 01:02 AM

Technomagus has disabled reputation

Heh. I didn't care that I lost vs you. I got to live the dream with my Airborne. The same thing happened next round with me dropping the Airbirne and throwing the grenades off a won initiative round 1, but unfortunately three of my four grenades were duds. The one that did actually roll a skull suceeded in only dealing 1 damage to Guilty, and nothing to the rest of his forces. Sad times.
Old March 3rd, 2009, 03:36 PM

Darkness1717 is surprisingly tart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Technomagus View Post
Heh. I didn't care that I lost vs you. I got to live the dream with my Airborne. The same thing happened next round with me dropping the Airbirne and throwing the grenades off a won initiative round 1, but unfortunately three of my four grenades were duds. The one that did actually roll a skull suceeded in only dealing 1 damage to Guilty, and nothing to the rest of his forces. Sad times.
I love the AE. They save my life a lot. In one tourney I had only 2 Stingers left against a 1life Q9, 5 Aubrians, and Isamu. I dropped the AE and won intiative just in time. The AE got hight advantage and shot down Q9 and 2 Aubrians. Lost 1 to a Aubrian and then finished off Isamu and the last 3 Aubrians w/ the AE.

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Battle Reports