Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library
C3G Legacy Library This is the archive for all the designs released in the original era of C3G. Feel free to post any figure specific questions in their individual books.

Old November 8th, 2020, 06:50 PM
C3G Con Champ 2021 and 2022!

Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death!
The Book of Wolverine (Laura Kinney)

The Book of Wolverine (Laura Kinney)

C3G MARVEL WAVE 35
MUTANT MULTIVERSE

Comic PDF

Mini PDF

The figure used for this unit is a Heroclix figure from the Fantastic Four set.
Its model number and name are #011 / Wolverine.

Character Bio - Wolverine(formerly X-23) is a product of the Weapon X program cloned from a damaged sample of Wolverine's(Logan) DNA. Since she could walk, she was trained to kill Wolverine, but instead she joined the X-Men, becoming his daughter figure and eventually, his successor. -Comic Vine

-Rulings and Clarifications-
  • N/A

-Combinations and Synergies-

Incoming Synergy:Outgoing Synergy:
  • N/A
Immunities, Benefits, and Weaknesses:_________________________________________________________________

-Strategy, Tactics and Tips-
  • N/A
-Heroscapers Community Contributions-

Last edited by Splash; August 6th, 2022 at 12:53 AM. Reason: png
Old November 8th, 2020, 06:51 PM

Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death!
Re: The Book of Wolverine (Laura Kinney) (Breathing)

NAME = WOLVERINE
SECRET IDENTITY = LAURA KINNEY

SPECIES = MUTANT
UNIQUENESS = UNIQUE HERO
CLASS = FIGHTER
PERSONALITY = FIERCE

SIZE/HEIGHT = MEDIUM 5

LIFE = 5

MOVE = 6
RANGE = 1
ATTACK = 4
DEFENSE = 4

POINTS = 280

PROTECTIVE RAGE 3
At the start of the game, choose another Unique Hero you control. Whenever that figure receives 1 or more wounds from an enemy figure or is destroyed, place a red Rage Marker on this card, to a maximum of 3. Wolverine can attack normally 1 additional time for each Rage Marker on this card. If Wolverine destroys an enemy figure with her normal attack, remove a Rage Marker from this card.

ADAMANTIUM ACROBATICS
When attacking an adjacent figure with a normal attack, the defending figure subtracts 2 from its defense dice, and after attacking, for each shield rolled, Wolverine may immediately move one space up to 6 levels up or down. Wolverine never takes falling damage and is never attacked when leaving an engagement.

HEALING FACTOR X
After taking a turn with Wolverine, remove one Wound Marker from this card. At the end of the round, you may reveal an "X" Order Marker on this card to remove one Wound Marker from each Army Card you control with the Healing Factor X special power.

Last edited by Arkham; November 23rd, 2020 at 03:02 PM.
Old November 8th, 2020, 06:51 PM

Comic:
Spoiler Alert!

Figure:
Spoiler Alert!

Background:
Spoiler Alert!

Last edited by Arkham; November 23rd, 2020 at 11:19 AM.
Old November 8th, 2020, 07:37 PM
Archie

Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth

Cool twist on classic Wolverine. Protective Flurry is great.
Old November 8th, 2020, 08:27 PM
Never CoN a CoN man

johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth

Personally I'd go with Fighter for class, as she spent a good amount of time hanging out with street level folk during her Wolverine stint. Protector isn't bad, though, Excalibur isn't a bad web for her to get roped into.

And I might go with "ADAMANTIUM WHIRL" or "ADAMANTIUM ASSAULT" or something for her second power, just because Acrobatics has such a specific "bounce around for every shield rolled" connotation in C3G. EDIT: Oh, and "Companion" is usually a master/pet thing, so I'd probably go with "Ally" or "Partner" for her first power.

But for actual mechanics, still good with this one. Feels very on point.
Old November 8th, 2020, 09:00 PM
A Jacquee in Disguise?

Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth

Interesting design, but no way she’s coming in at 260 IMO. She’s basically a flat upgrade on Wolverine, who’s already a pretty good figure at 280. His only advantage is having one extra life, which isn’t worth much compared to all the stuff she has going for her, like her middle power straight up does 2/3rds of his card plus a bunch of other stuff.

My Repaints and Mods: Updated 1-13
My Custom Cards: Updated 4-15
My Custom Superheroes: Updated 1-13
My figure images for online games:
Alliance figures, Utgar figures
My Etsy Store
Old November 8th, 2020, 09:06 PM

Hence the “~” .

Don’t really have a point value preference in mind. One could argue she’s better than Wolverine so I’m not afraid of hitting slightly above 280. That said, 1 life difference does make a pretty big difference with healers, and the opponent does have the option to potentially bypass her chance for an additional turn by focusing their efforts on her rather than her Companion(which you tend to want to focus on healers anyway). That in itself would have her attacking less than Logan, potentially, so I don’t see her as a pure “flat upgrade”.
Old November 8th, 2020, 09:25 PM
A Jacquee in Disguise?

Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth

She’s a flat upgrade without the Companion power even there IMO. Wolverine might sometimes get up to 3 attacks, but he can also be stuck at one and you don’t have a lot of control over that. She’s guaranteed 2 that she can use much more effectively.

Free disengage, not needing to worry about being wounded to do anything, the general tricks you can do with moving whenever stuff, one extra move. That’s worth a bit more than one life and maybe sometimes an extra attack IMO.

With the extra turns power added in she’s a lot better than him. Like even if no one puts wounds on her Companion, a 16 or higher is still pretty good odds for an extra turn. And she gets a bonus from extra turns since it lets her heal more.

I’d say she’d need to be like at least 320 or something to not totally obsolete Wolvie.

My Repaints and Mods: Updated 1-13
My Custom Cards: Updated 4-15
My Custom Superheroes: Updated 1-13
My figure images for online games:
Alliance figures, Utgar figures
My Etsy Store
Old November 8th, 2020, 09:39 PM

I have some disagreements in theory about how much better she is. Getting 1 shot at 5 life and 4 defense ain't hard, especially if the opponent has a big attacker, multi-attacker, or multi-turns, which aren't uncommon. Wolverine gets stronger when he gets hit, whereas she doesn't, which coupled with the idea that you want to stay on a healer, that in itself should make them have quite different results in terms of how hard it is to take each down. Personally, I guess for me Wolverine tends to be pretty easy to take out and underperforms more often than goes crazy as he can.

All that said, playtesting will be what it is. I don't have any reservations to just letting the points be what they are as long as she plays how she's supposed to. I guess we can cut her attack down to 3 even though X-23 has an attack of 4, or eliminate the free disengage? Not really sure what else could be cut without sacrificing the spirit of who the character is in comparison to Logan.
Old November 8th, 2020, 10:32 PM
Just A Head

MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun

Just something that came to my mind, what if she only got the defense reduction if she moved through that figure this turn? That could maybe be a fun twist, and it would really sell her as the more agile Wolverine to me.
Old November 9th, 2020, 04:06 AM

That’s an option, but I’m not sure it reads thematically as that’s usually how we do assassin/phasing type powers.

I think our best option to still capture the same spirit but reign it in a bit would be:
Quote:
PROTECTIVE FLURRY 14
At the start of the game, choose a Unique Hero you control to be Wolverine's Ally. After attacking with Wolverine, roll the 20-sided die. Add 1 to your roll for each Wound Marker on her Ally's Army Card. If you roll 14 or higher, you may attack again with Wolverine. Wolverine may not attack more than 4 times in a single turn.

ADAMANTIUM ACROBATICS
When an adjacent figure is attacked by Wolverine's normal attack, it subtracts 2 from its defense dice. After rolling attack or defense dice for Wolverine, for each shield rolled you may immediately move Wolverine one space up to 6 levels up or down. Wolverine never takes falling damage and is never attacked when leaving an engagement.

HEALING FACTOR X
After taking a turn with Wolverine, remove one Wound Marker from this card. At the end of the round, you may reveal an "X" Order Marker on this card to remove one Wound Marker from each Army Card you control with the Healing Factor X special power.
Eliminates the guaranteed 2nd attack. Eliminates the additional turn which cuts out an additional heal and extra full movement. Adjusted the numbers to make the roll not quite as easy when the Ally takes on a ton of wounds. The rest still captures the same theme of her going on an acrobatic flurry of pain.

I’d imagine that brings her closer to the 280 range.
Old November 9th, 2020, 10:48 AM

Another option would be:
Quote:
PROTECTIVE ADAMANTIUM FLURRY
When attacking an adjacent figure with a normal attack, the defending figure subtracts 2 from its defense dice, and you may attack one additional time for each wounded Unique Hero in your army, up to a maximum of 4 attacks in a single turn.

ACROBATIC MOVEMENT
Wolverine never takes falling damage and is never attacked when leaving an engagement. After rolling attack dice for a normal attack or after rolling defense dice, for each shield rolled you may immediately move Wolverine one space up to 6 levels up or down.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library