Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G Project
C3G Project A Place to gather C3G threads without interfering with other Marvel Customs creation

Old April 28th, 2013, 09:36 AM
Power abusing superplaytester

Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death!
Re: Public Design Post

Thanks for the comments on Salaak.

I could see dropping the OM part of Green Lantern Network; I kind of like it because, thematically, Salaak should be giving orders to an extent, but if we want to simplify I'm not attached to it.

I'm another whose never found the Green Lanterns exceptionally strong. I love playing them, but I always found them too swingy to be anything special.

C3G: Taking Superheroes to a Whole New Level!
C3V: The Legacy of Classic 'Scape!
Viegon & Family's Classic Customs, Maps, and Battlefield Videos.

Enjoy App Games? Try A Day in the Life of Atlas!
Old April 28th, 2013, 09:58 AM

Gardevoir knows what's in an order marker Gardevoir knows what's in an order marker Gardevoir knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smithy Winfred View Post
I love the Harley Quinn design. I haven't read the new Suicide Squad book, but i will be getting it within a few days. I like how Outlaw support works to create more of an Outlaw faction (right now it's pretty much just an assortment of unrelated characters). It could be a bit too powerful if you look at Deadshot, but I still think it is workable.

POW hammer sounds fine to me, I like the give/take aspect of it, and I like that it is more powerful against non superstrength figs.

I also am thrilled to see the New 52 characters being developed (unless thats not what you had in mind). Many of then new villains don't have figs yet (Graves, Talons, Court of Owls, Nobody, The Trench Dwellers, etc) but they have done a lot of changes to classic figures mythos. The main one I can think of is Mr Freeze in the City Of Owls saga, who now has the power to freeze people with only his touch, and who no longer wears full armor, but only a helmet and chest-plate.
Thanks for the comments Smithy! I wouldn't of thought having Deadshot in this could make it too powerful, we already have Enchantress that can make a lot of ranged heroes powerful and Cable is quite strong from a distance as it is. If you don't end up inflicting a wound you essentially just end up attacking with a different figure instead of Harley, which to me doesn't seem that powerful anyway.

I agree that New 52 characters being developed is great, my only problem is I would rather have a mini for Harley that is more like the image I put up instead of her original look. That Mr. Freeze sounds like an interesting design to make

On a side note, I have a ton of designs I would like to upload, so sorry if I am starting to clog this thread with designs
Old April 28th, 2013, 10:10 AM
Who ISN'T One of My Brothers??

TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun

Bats, I won't argue that the Green Lanterns are not strong units, only that they are not a strong faction. Individually, they are all very strong units that can do a ton of damage to your opponents, but there's not a lot of variety between them and they all fill the same or similar roles. I find that most of them -John Stewart in particular- do better when played as parts of another army rather than played together. I'm not arguing one way or the other on the power, as I really don't care which way it goes, I just don't think the Lanterns are all that strong. I'll have to give them another shot though.

Gardevoir, you should really try to get some playtests in! It's not hard and you could quickly become an official member and potentially get on of your designs through the process!

".... the Cambridge ladies do not care, above
Cambridge if sometimes in its box of
sky lavender and cornerless, the
moon rattles like a fragment of angry candy"
Old April 28th, 2013, 10:28 AM
Last :-(

Smithy Winfred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Smithy Winfred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Smithy Winfred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Smithy Winfred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Smithy Winfred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Smithy Winfred wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gardevoir View Post
Quote:
I love the Harley Quinn design. I haven't read the new Suicide Squad book, but i will be getting it within a few days. I like how Outlaw support works to create more of an Outlaw faction (right now it's pretty much just an assortment of unrelated characters). It could be a bit too powerful if you look at Deadshot, but I still think it is workable.

POW hammer sounds fine to me, I like the give/take aspect of it, and I like that it is more powerful against non superstrength figs.

I also am thrilled to see the New 52 characters being developed (unless thats not what you had in mind). Many of then new villains don't have figs yet (Graves, Talons, Court of Owls, Nobody, The Trench Dwellers, etc) but they have done a lot of changes to classic figures mythos. The main one I can think of is Mr Freeze in the City Of Owls saga, who now has the power to freeze people with only his touch, and who no longer wears full armor, but only a helmet and chest-plate.
Thanks for the comments Smithy! I wouldn't of thought having Deadshot in this could make it too powerful, we already have Enchantress that can make a lot of ranged heroes powerful and Cable is quite strong from a distance as it is. If you don't end up inflicting a wound you essentially just end up attacking with a different figure instead of Harley, which to me doesn't seem that powerful anyway.

I agree that New 52 characters being developed is great, my only problem is I would rather have a mini for Harley that is more like the image I put up instead of her original look. That Mr. Freeze sounds like an interesting design to make

On a side note, I have a ton of designs I would like to upload, so sorry if I am starting to clog this thread with designs
I agree, but I have really been able to put out some hurt with Deadshot (probably my most used unit). His 10 range is super helpful, and if you couple him with Bane and Height, you're throwing 6 dice + the auto skull, super effective against auto shield figures like Captain America and Captain Marvel.

I'm trying to figure out a idea for Mr Freeze that will make him more unique from the original, hopefully I'll post it soon. I also have a pretty solid write up for the Talons and the Court of Owls, but I was waiting on the figures to come out (fingers crossed)

p.s. - I just thought of this, but what if HQ inflicted a wound, but did not have any OMs on her card? Might be something to clarify.
Old April 28th, 2013, 11:40 AM

Gardevoir knows what's in an order marker Gardevoir knows what's in an order marker Gardevoir knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrollBrute View Post
Gardevoir, you should really try to get some playtests in! It's not hard and you could quickly become an official member and potentially get on of your designs through the process!
Thank you! I do keep meaning to, but I am caught in the mixture of exams (which over all take up most of my free time). However, in a couple of months or so all my exams will be over with, so I will have so much free time that Heroscape will be pretty much the only thing I do

Quote:
I agree, but I have really been able to put out some hurt with Deadshot (probably my most used unit). His 10 range is super helpful, and if you couple him with Bane and Height, you're throwing 6 dice + the auto skull, super effective against auto shield figures like Captain America and Captain Marvel.

I'm trying to figure out a idea for Mr Freeze that will make him more unique from the original, hopefully I'll post it soon. I also have a pretty solid write up for the Talons and the Court of Owls, but I was waiting on the figures to come out (fingers crossed)

p.s. - I just thought of this, but what if HQ inflicted a wound, but did not have any OMs on her card? Might be something to clarify.
Yeah, he can be powerful when set up properly, Thor has found out the hard way

Have you looked at other ice related characters for any ideas? Such as Iceman? He might have some ice power that you think fits. Can't wait to see what you have written up for those guys!

Good point, I shall re-word it. Thank you!
Old April 28th, 2013, 06:59 PM

Sorry I have uploaded so many designs lately, I have had loads of ideas lately Here are three more Amalgam Universe designs (I have already done Iron Lantern)

Dark Claw
Spoiler Alert!

Super-Soldier
Spoiler Alert!

White Witch
Spoiler Alert!
Old April 28th, 2013, 09:19 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Just as a final note - the power level of the GL faction was really a side note for me (Killowog is the one who makes them worth playing together, though, fwiw). My main thought was just I liked the idea of simplifying the power, and I felt (and feel) that the power is still useful and thematic of him giving orders and networking if it just includes moving GLs into position to save each other with their power shields.

Also, just in the interest of keeping factions from being overly similar with each other, I want to avoid OM manipulation for this particular faction. I guess my big reasons for mentioning their strengths was to say "they don't need OM flexibility to be competitive - they're already there." Does that make sense?

For Harley, I like the idea of the Hammer power, but I'm iffy on the OM removal aspect right now (just not sure the theme's popping). I'd drop the Outlaw synergy power, though, but keep everything else the same. I think that Outlaw synergy will come eventually from Catman/Scandal Savage, etc. I don't think we need it on Harley, especially Outlaw synergy that powerful.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old April 29th, 2013, 01:03 AM
Ninja Playtester

fret_gurglo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fret_gurglo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fret_gurglo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fret_gurglo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fret_gurglo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fret_gurglo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fret_gurglo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fret_gurglo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fret_gurglo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

“I .. I was a man, I was smart .., a scientist. My name .. before .. “ And the memory fades once more, leaving only Vermin standing there, staring. Slowly he crouches down to dig through some filth on the floor of the sewers. His friends come to greet him and they swarm around him. Vermin would prefer his life stayed like this forever, just scurrying though the sewers with his friends. But the above world will not leave him alone. Some try to use him to do bad things; others hunt him to hurt him or his friends. Vermin does not like pain. Why won’t they leave Vermin alone? Vermin will get back at them. Vermin is strong. Vermin has many friends. Yes. Vermin strikes harder at those who hurt him. The pain will end, one way or another.

NAME
= Vermin

SECRET IDENTITY = Edward Whelan

SPECIES = Mutate
UNIQUENESS = Unique Hero
CLASS = Creature
PERSONALITY = Savage

SIZE/HEIGHT = Medium / 5

LIFE = 5

MOVE = 4
RANGE = 1
ATTACK = 2
DEFENSE = 3

POINTS = 150

Rat Swarm Control
After moving and instead of attacking with Vermin, choose up to 3 Rat Swarms within 6 clear sight spaces of Vermin. Move each swarm up to 4 spaces each, then attack with each one, adding 1 die to each of their attack numbers. Vermin never takes damage from the Plague special power.

Adrenaline
For every Wound Marker on this card add one to Vermin's Move, Attack and Defense numbers.

Super Strong

Original Design
Spoiler Alert!

Last edited by fret_gurglo; April 30th, 2013 at 03:34 PM.
Old April 29th, 2013, 01:18 AM

Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth

A new way to bring the Rats to the table is a good idea. Throwing Pied Piper in would be neat too. On a related note, I've always wanted Marvel's Swarm to use the Honey Bee somehow, and this design is similar. Adrenaline is a pretty nifty power, and simple too. He's one I'll leave in the start some for a while, because if someone snipes him, I'll just say thanks!
Old April 29th, 2013, 11:25 AM
Last :-(

Smithy Winfred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Smithy Winfred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Smithy Winfred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Smithy Winfred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Smithy Winfred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Smithy Winfred wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by fret_gurglo View Post

NAME = Vermin

SECRET IDENTITY = Edward Whelan

SPECIES = Mutate
UNIQUENESS = Unique Hero
CLASS = Creature
PERSONALITY = Savage

SIZE/HEIGHT = Medium / 5

LIFE = 5

MOVE = 4
RANGE = 1
ATTACK = 2
DEFENSE = 3

POINTS = 150

Rat Swarm Special Attack
Range 4. Attack 3 + Special
Choose a figure to attack that is in clear sight of Vermin. If the chosen figure is on a dungeon or shadow space roll 1 additional die and the chosen figure does not roll additional defense dice for the shadow space. Rat Swarm Special Attack can only be used once per round.

Adrenaline
For every Wound Marker on this card add one to Vermin's Move, Attack and Defense numbers.

Super Strong

I wrote this figure before the Rat Swarm figure was created by C3G and have since wondered if I should change Vermin to control the Rat Swarms instead. Any thoughts?
I would definitely make the change for the Rat swarms. Perhaps something along these lines:

Rat Swarm Special Attack
Range 5 Attack - 2+
Choose a figure adjacent to at least one rat swarm you control. Add one die to this special attack for each Rat swarm adjacent to the defending figure, up to a maximum of +4. Figures attacked by this special attack may not recieve additional defense dice from shadow spaces.

Another alternative would be to make each Rat Swarm a -1 to defense, and maybe up the attack to 3. I like the Adrenaline power, it's a nice touch, but without being to powerful.
Old April 29th, 2013, 11:40 AM
Power abusing superplaytester

Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman View Post
Just as a final note - the power level of the GL faction was really a side note for me (Killowog is the one who makes them worth playing together, though, fwiw). My main thought was just I liked the idea of simplifying the power, and I felt (and feel) that the power is still useful and thematic of him giving orders and networking if it just includes moving GLs into position to save each other with their power shields.

Also, just in the interest of keeping factions from being overly similar with each other, I want to avoid OM manipulation for this particular faction. I guess my big reasons for mentioning their strengths was to say "they don't need OM flexibility to be competitive - they're already there." Does that make sense?
Makes sense to me; but to be clear, competitiveness was not my goal, just thematic fun. I completely agree that factions need to stay unique, which was why I was careful not to do straight-up OM management or bonding; my thinking was that limited OM manipulation kept it unique. But, as I said, I'm fine seeing the OM aspect dropped, the main part of the power to me is Salaak moving the GLs around to protect people.

C3G: Taking Superheroes to a Whole New Level!
C3V: The Legacy of Classic 'Scape!
Viegon & Family's Classic Customs, Maps, and Battlefield Videos.

Enjoy App Games? Try A Day in the Life of Atlas!
Old April 29th, 2013, 12:42 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

For sure - the competitive part wasn't a big part of what I was saying either.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G Project