Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > AotV Customs
AotV Customs A place for Arena of the Valkyrie Customs

Old February 7th, 2021, 12:23 PM
I could go

flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: [Pod 0] Velnesh Alphas (Leyline Phantoms) - Playtesting

Just got done playing a game vs Capt Stupendous on Marshall Law.

I played

Velnesh
Minions x3
Heirloom

Capt played

Einar Imperium x2
10th Reg x2
Guilty
Frasier

For the most part, the the Minions did the heavy lifting, but I did use the Velnesh to grab the high point of the map (the sand 4 tile) to prevent him from grabbing it with his gunner figures. That bought my Minions enough time to slowly fly up and claim it, giving them a nigh imprenetrable 7 defense. Although 3 minions died holding it, one did manage to waste an entire round of Capt's 10th Reg attacks, helping to give my deadly axes time to clear away Imperium and 10th figures who were making my Velnesh and Heirloom's life hell.

A Velnesh was used to eat a Wannok wound (so that i didn't completely mill Heirloom), and another was used (with road bonus) to engage the 10th in his SZ with the goal being to prevent them from shooting at a minion holding the mill wound glyph.

Overall, these guys are very useful. Unlike the Ninjas of North Wind they give you the ability to pass on moving when attacked, letting them actually hold ground, hopefully eating a few attacks for your more valuable figures. They definately feel like they are a distinct unit!

(2 OMs used on them, Shift and Blink not used super much since I played them as blockers)

GG Captain!

My customs.
NE Ohio Tourney - TBA
SW Ohio Tourney - NHSD 550 points
AotV - Colliding the minis of AotP with the world of HS.
Old February 13th, 2021, 08:25 PM
I could go

flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun

Ran a game with these guys. Map here. Scenario rules: The darkness of the caves cuts the range of attack, special attacks, and ranged special abilities by 1. Pillars of Har rules were used, but nobody bothered with em.

Armies were:

Raelin 2
Eldgrim
Otonashi
Velnesh Alphas
Warriors of Ashra x4

vs

Su Bak Na
Me Burq Sa
Marro Stingers x4

The Velnesh didn't do much this game other than get killed by Stingers (who my wife was spamming Stinger Drain with). I hoped to use Eldgrim to help them with their movement, but it didn't matter. No harm done, since Stingers gonna stinger. I did ultimately win the game, but I think that was mostly because of Stinger Drain.

It's good to see that using them as anti-range doesn't always work, especially against high attack figures like Marro Stingers. Generally I think they play kinda as well as you should expect for 90 points. Effective but still likely to die when you don't want it to. I'm comfortable with passing these forward.

My customs.
NE Ohio Tourney - TBA
SW Ohio Tourney - NHSD 550 points
AotV - Colliding the minis of AotP with the world of HS.
Old March 7th, 2021, 10:30 AM
"our design team knows what it's doing"

NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by flameslayer93 View Post
Unlike the Ninjas of North Wind they give you the ability to pass on moving when attacked, letting them actually hold ground, hopefully eating a few attacks for your more valuable figures. They definately feel like they are a distinct unit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by flameslayer93 View Post
It's good to see that using them as anti-range doesn't always work, especially against high attack figures like Marro Stingers. Generally I think they play kinda as well as you should expect for 90 points. Effective but still likely to die when you don't want it to. I'm comfortable with passing these forward.
These are both excellent points about how they play (differently) and ones I think we've seen again and again in their testing.

Arena of the Valkyire - Help create Heroscape's next Master Set!
317-149
C3V Brainstorm
Pepperony - 14/09/13

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > AotV Customs