Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G Project > C3G Library
C3G Library This area collects all the released designs. Feel free to post any figure specific questions in their individual books.

Old October 13th, 2019, 09:02 AM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Re: The Book of The Doctor (11th) (Initial Playtesting)

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old October 16th, 2019, 01:32 AM
Just A Head

MrNobody is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla MrNobody is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla MrNobody is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla MrNobody is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla MrNobody is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla MrNobody is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla MrNobody is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla MrNobody is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla MrNobody is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla MrNobody is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
C3G STANDARD PLAYTEST FEEDBACK FORM

NAME OF THE PLAYTEST UNIT: 11th Doctor

Army Test
Map: Island Plane Crash (No Glyphs)
Units: Team 1 (905): 11th Doctor (170), Robot (210), Oracle (110), Doc Ock I (215), Killer Croc (200)
Team 2 (900): Dalek Drones x6

Spoiler Alert!

This game was meant to test out Fast-Talking on a squad as well as the Doctorís natural Dalek resistance as a Gallifreyan. Fast-Talking can be incredibly scary when paired up with a tie-down figure like Doc Ock against squad figures, but the Doctor isnít incredibly hard to attack and destroy, so thereís a nice balance. The worst part was negating the Daleksí Flying on such a height-heavy map.

NOTE: Lowered Attack number to 1.

Army Test
Map: Conflict Chernobyl (No Glyphs)
Units: Team 1 (850): Doctor (170), Zombie (120), Robot (210), Valkyrie (350)
Team 2 (850): Red Skull (250), Omni-Man (440), HYDRA Agents x2 (160)

Spoiler Alert!

Some extraordinarily bad luck for Team 1 here; Just look at how many wounds the regular old HYDRA Agents inflicted.
I tried holding the Doctor back a bit to make use of his WW-TW and the Amulet, but I think things wouldíve gone at least a little differently if he couldíve gone and gotten the jump on Omni-Man with Fast-Talking earlier in the game.

Army Test
Map: Ticallan Tower (No Glyphs)
Units: Team 1 (700): The Doctor (170), Nebula (240), Rip Hunter (200), Angel (90)
Team 2 (700): Captain America (240), Bucky (60), Agent Venom (240), Comedian (160)

Spoiler Alert!

Another one I felt was influenced by some bad luck on Team 1ís end. Bucky was really out there doing some work with his dinky little Machine Gun SA. I feel like this team comp had potential, but bad luck and maybe some misuse of Rip strategically cut them short.

The combo of the Doctor with another time traveler felt really natural and smooth. The Glyphs are great for snagging people into the Doctorís Fast-Talking trap, and Temporal Defense is a solid way to keep the Doctor just that much more safe.

Speaking of Fast-Talking, that was really effective this game. Both teams were smaller, and pretty quickly ended up all being packed pretty tightly together. When an opponent is engaged with the Doctor and another figure, Fast-Talking goes from being a minor annoyance to being absolutely devastating.

WW-TW continues to be a ton of fun to play mind games with. I already liked the Temporal Inversion spell I ripped the effect off of, so it shouldnít come as a shocker. But in this game, the opponent ended up putting the 2 OM on Cap a lot just to negate the guessing game, which obviously mitigated a lot of Capís abilities.

I didnít actually use the Sonic Screwdriver at all this game. It didnít really feel worth it to take a chance on that D20 roll when I could attack and most likely get a turn with Nebula instead. Still, there were plenty of times when I could have used it, which already feels a lot more exciting than before.

NOTE: Lowered Point Value to 160.

Army Test
Map: Conflict Chernobyl (No Glyphs)
Units: Team 1 (680): The Doctor (160), Abigail Brand (170), Human Robot (190), Donald Ferguson (160)
Team 2 (680): Nightwing (200), Superboy (Kon-El) (240), Krypto (80), Red Robin (160)

Spoiler Alert!

A pretty intense match. Human Robot got really freaking lucky with his Death Ray early on, but Superboy was able to use his Tactile Telekinesis on the robo-dudes to even the odds. The Doctor felt good here, stalling Superboy quite a few times with Fast-Talk, using WW-TW to disrupt Nightwing, and repairing the robo-dudes with the Sonic Screwdriver.

THOUGHTS ON THE TESTED UNIT'S COST, BALANCE, & DRAFTABILITY: I think heís viable, but most likely not worth 170 points. I dropped him to 160 for the last game and he still barely lost, so maybe 150?

The only real competitive concern I possibly see is the Fast-Talking + Tie-down combo, but nobody seemed all too worried about that when it was brought up.

GENERAL THOUGHTS ON THE TESTED UNIT: While thereís probably still some fine-tuning to be done, I feel like this is really heading in the right direction. He feels like he lasts long enough and does enough to feel like an effective and notable force on the battlefield without dominating or getting too annoying. The most obnoxious effect is probably still Fast-Talking, but I never felt like it was too damaging or too difficult to escape.

It may be worth adjusting the roll on the Sonic Screwdriver a little. Having to give up your chance to attack in order to maybe do something kinda sucks. I donít ever really see anybody outside of the Doctor ever trying to use it right now, but maybe thatís okay.
Old October 16th, 2019, 01:58 AM
Just A Head

MrNobody is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla MrNobody is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla MrNobody is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla MrNobody is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla MrNobody is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla MrNobody is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla MrNobody is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla MrNobody is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla MrNobody is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla MrNobody is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

After those games, here's the changes I'm thinking of.
Quote:
NAME = THE DOCTOR
SECRET IDENTITY = N/A

SPECIES = GALLIFREYAN
UNIQUENESS = UNIQUE HERO
CLASS = WANDERER
PERSONALITY = QUIRKY

SIZE/HEIGHT = MEDIUM 5

LIFE = 6

MOVE = 5
RANGE = 1
ATTACK = 1
DEFENSE = 3

POINTS = 150

SONIC SCREWDRIVER
Start the game with the Glyph of Sonic Screwdriver on this card. The Doctor cannot lose this Glyph by receiving wounds unless he is destroyed.

WIBBLY-WOBBLY TIMEY-WIMEY
After all Order Markers have been placed and before rolling for initiative, you may reveal an “X” order marker on this card. If you do, for the remainder of the round, all players on their turns must reveal their highest numbered unrevealed Order Marker and take a turn with that Army Card instead of revealing Order Markers and taking turns normally. Opponents cannot reveal more than one of the same numbered Order Marker this round.

FAST-TALKING
When an opponent reveals a numbered Order Marker on an Army Card they control, if there is a revealed numbered Order Marker on the Doctor’s Army Card, you may choose a Common or Unique figure engaged with the Doctor. For the rest of that player’s turn or until that figure leaves engagement with the Doctor, it cannot attack and all special powers on its Army Card are negated.
------------------------------------------------------------
NAME = GLYPH OF SONIC SCREWDRIVER
SUBTITLE = SONIC MULTI-TOOL

EQUIPMENT GLYPH

Instead of attacking, you may choose a figure or Glyph within 4 clear sight spaces and roll the 20-sided die, adding 10 to the roll if this figure is Gallifreyan. If you roll 16 or higher you may choose one of the following effects;
-If the chosen figure is a Unique Android Hero, Unique Cyborg Hero, or Destructible Object, place or remove 1 Wound Marker on that figure's Army Card.
-The chosen figure cannot target non-adjacent figures for normal or special attacks until the next time you reveal an Order Marker.
-If you chose a Glyph, inflict a wound on a figure within 1 space of that Glyph.
You may only choose each effect once per round.
(1) Just lowering his cost down a little bit. The other changes I'm making may bring him back up again.
(2) I think this just provides better clarity on the intent of the power.
(3) It felt weird that he couldn't use the Sonic to mess with an unoccupied Glyph. Can you technically choose a Glyph within clear sight? I also went ahead and moved that option to the bottom.
(4) I think having a slightly lower roll on the Sonic Screwdriver will make it feel a lot better. It was kind of frustrating to have to take a whole turn with the Doctor to use the Sonic, only for it to have a 40% fail rate.
(5) A slight buff. In game 3, it was a bit frustrating that almost all the opponents had ranged SAs that could bypass the Sonic range reduction. I think limiting both normals and specials will better match the theme here.

@Arkham would it be possible to get a quick check of how this text for the Glyph would look on a card? It's slowly increasing in verbosity.
Old October 16th, 2019, 10:09 AM
One time at band camp...

Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth

Pretty cool. Fast talking still seems pretty potent, but more test can prove that. Omni-Man is a beast is you can't keep the pressure on him.

Radical thought for the screwdriver, why a roll at all? Make it more fun and be automatic, but once a round. Then he can fast talk a person next to him, while shutting down the guy shooting at him, and it's more reliable.
Old October 16th, 2019, 12:14 PM

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Hmm, a roll and quirks of science making something suddenly not work reliably feels too Doctor Who to me to skip on the D20 aspect of the screwdriver. It's one time where I'd argue the value of being a bit more swingy.

Seems like both lowering the roll of the Screwdriver and upping its defensive utility should account for the fact that he was playing just under 160. Not sure both those AND a price drop to 150 make sense.

I don't believe clear sight on glyphs is a thing. Is it worth cutting the clear sight aspect and just making it within a certain number of spaces?

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old October 16th, 2019, 02:19 PM
Just A Head

I also like how being able to use it multiple times per round encourages you to sometimes take more than just the one turn with him.

I think it's somewhat reasonable to imagine he could Sonic somebody not in clear sight, but obviously not how it usually works. Still, it felt really weird when somebody was standing next to an empty glyph and he couldn't use that glyph to hurt them. I'd probably lean towards abolishing the clear sight requirement and just letting him Sonic through walls and such. Again, not totally unthematic, just slightly unusual.
Old October 16th, 2019, 02:24 PM

Yeah, I'm in agreement with you on the clear sight stuff. A bit odd, but less odd than not being able to choose glyphs on the ground.

Old October 16th, 2019, 07:27 PM
Just A Head

Re: The Book of The Doctor (11th) (VOTE for Public)

Okay, updating the OP with these changes.
Spoiler Alert!

And with that I'd like to call a VOTE for Public Playtesting.
Old October 16th, 2019, 07:34 PM
A Jacquee in Disguise?

Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth

Something that just occurred to me, is four spaces accurate for the screwdriver? I would have thought more like 2 or 3, but I'm going off a grand total of like 16 different episodes of Doctor Who I've seen. Not a big deal or anything, just curious.

Anyway, Yea

My Repaints and Mods: Updated 1-13
My Custom Cards: Updated 4-15
My Custom Superheroes: Updated 1-13
My figure images for online games:
Alliance figures, Utgar figures
My Etsy Store
Old October 16th, 2019, 07:44 PM
"Let's Nut this Unit Out!"

A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soundwarp SG-1 View Post
Something that just occurred to me, is four spaces accurate for the screwdriver? I would have thought more like 2 or 3, but I'm going off a grand total of like 16 different episodes of Doctor Who I've seen. Not a big deal or anything, just curious.

Anyway, Yea
I would agree with this. 4 spaces seems too far. I believe somebody once equated each HS space to 7 feet. so more than 2 spaces seems too far thematically for me. Having said that though the usefulness of the powers on it will be harder to pull off.
Old October 16th, 2019, 07:46 PM
Just A Head

I think 4 makes sense in the context of HS distances. He can zaps things pretty reliably with it at about the distance of a small room.
Old October 16th, 2019, 07:47 PM

Maybe split the difference and go 3 spaces? 4 does seem like a bit too much, thematically.

If 4 spaces is 28 feet, that's not that small of a room.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G Project > C3G Library