Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards
Custom Units & Army Cards Fan-created HS army cards for units, glyphs, and equipment

Notices

Old November 25th, 2022, 01:50 PM

Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: Green Wyrmling discussion and playtesting

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knox View Post
I'm a big fan of Chill's proposed mini. It has the bonus of giving proxies for all the official wyrmlings, as well as customs fodder for people who want to make, say, a mini Kalagrith.

Not to mention, the Hobby Lobby dragons aren't D&D dragons, so it wouldn't provide the same theme break (in not having poison breath)
@Shiftrex just fyi I think those minis Chill suggested are quite a bit smaller than the other wyrmlings, and made of a very bendy "rubbery" material.
Old November 25th, 2022, 03:11 PM

Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Stupendous View Post
Quote:
I'm a big fan of Chill's proposed mini. It has the bonus of giving proxies for all the official wyrmlings, as well as customs fodder for people who want to make, say, a mini Kalagrith.

Not to mention, the Hobby Lobby dragons aren't D&D dragons, so it wouldn't provide the same theme break (in not having poison breath)
@Shiftrex just fyi I think those minis Chill suggested are quite a bit smaller than the other wyrmlings, and made of a very bendy "rubbery" material.
Good point! Was just trying to operate in the current environment. As of today checking the thread, we still have nothing giving us the go ahead to nominate unpainted miniatures. With that in mind I'm unsure of how the group wishes to proceed.

The unpainted from nolzurs is ideal for myself, and likely good for anyone that wants to paint.

I think that the other minis are definitely rubbery, I dont have them on hand to comment.

Last edited by Shiftrex; November 25th, 2022 at 03:32 PM.
Old November 25th, 2022, 04:08 PM

Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

I don't think a rubbery mini is inherently a deal-breaker. But I obviously don't speak for SoV in any way.

Quahon herself is kinda rubbery, and that mini has been used for quite some time.

I would hope that a rubbery mini, especially this small, wouldn't be an issue if the design was good.
Old November 25th, 2022, 06:50 PM
Will Ultimately Face the Evil Black Dragon

Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth

The bee squad minis are rubbery.

Old November 25th, 2022, 09:24 PM

Knox wears ripped pants of awesomeness Knox wears ripped pants of awesomeness Knox wears ripped pants of awesomeness Knox wears ripped pants of awesomeness Knox wears ripped pants of awesomeness Knox wears ripped pants of awesomeness Knox wears ripped pants of awesomeness

They are rubbery, but I'm pretty sure they are the right size. @Chill showed me a photo of them alongside the original wymrlings and it was extremely close
Old November 25th, 2022, 09:49 PM

UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiftrex View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Stupendous View Post
Quote:

Good point! Was just trying to operate in the current environment. As of today checking the thread, we still have nothing giving us the go ahead to nominate unpainted miniatures. With that in mind I'm unsure of how the group wishes to proceed.

The unpainted from nolzurs is ideal for myself, and likely good for anyone that wants to paint.

I think that the other minis are definitely rubbery, I dont have them on hand to comment.
Regardless of the failure of Age of Annihilation, there comes a time when the issue of unpainted minis has to be addressed head on, and that time is now.

Nidhogg is unpainted, and it has been accepted by C3V. $30. The painted version came out in 2013, but only as a case incentive, and even if you could find one now, the price would be insane. Avernus and all three of Xundar's Shadows are unpainted. The Wildwood Runner 3D printed sculpt is unpainted. If players want to continue the HeroScape triumvirate of sci-fi, historical and fantasy, especially with sci-fi and historical, what you'll be able to find nowadays will be either 3D printed models (unpainted) or unpainted miniatures. Paizo's Starfinder Battles line came out with one Wave, and since then? Nothing.

Kudos to Chill for finding the Hobby Lobby Dragon pack, but I've held it in my hands and I think they look bad. It's been a long time, but I echo others in thinking the Hobby Lobby pack's sizes are noticeably smaller than our Wyrmlings. If you put them on a board with other 'Scape minis, I think they'll look even worse. Until someone else buys a copy and does a group photo, as I did, with all the other Wyrmlings for objective comparision--$5 is not a big sacrifice--I'm advocating for detailed miniatures that were designed for tabletop play. If you have a picture of the painted miniature on the card, the fact that you personally might be using an unpainted fig doesn't matter. To ignore the widely available Nolzur and Reaper miniature lines is ridiculous.

This thread has been going for ten years. There still isn't a chosen miniature, a main sticking point. Continuing to argue means these 230 good-looking, properly-sized miniatures will also disappear. I'm going to have one of our locals paint this one up in Charos' color scheme, and he can take a picture of it for the card, okay?

Last edited by UtahScott; November 25th, 2022 at 10:11 PM.
Old November 25th, 2022, 10:13 PM

UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
They are rubbery, but I'm pretty sure they are the right size. @Chill showed me a photo of them alongside the original wymrlings and it was extremely close
I missed this. Is this a private photo or on the Discord? Does he have comparison pics on hexes with the other wyrmlings yet?
Old November 26th, 2022, 11:06 PM

Chill rolls all skulls baby! Chill rolls all skulls baby! Chill rolls all skulls baby! Chill rolls all skulls baby! Chill rolls all skulls baby!

Hello good people!

I do quite like the Hobby Lobby dragons as they are quite cheap! They are indeed a bit more rubbery than heroscape figures. They're about the same as Quahon, so not egregiously so in my view.

I thought the color might be the bigger issue. The green is not a great match for Charos green, and it's solid green except for the eyes. More than good enough for me but maybe not for VC?

The mini in question with Charos:

My wyrmling proxies with paint touch ups:

Size comparisons (from someone else on Facebook; I don't have the official wyrmling minis) :

Looks like maybe 10-20% bigger than the official sculpts?
Old November 26th, 2022, 11:36 PM
Sir Formerly Known As adoney

Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth

those actually look great!

Sir Heroscape's Content
Customs, Maps, Battle Reports
YouTube Channel, Trade List,
'Scaper of the Month, Burnout Format
Tourney Record: 309 - 141
Online Record: 19 - 22
Old November 27th, 2022, 12:20 AM

Knox wears ripped pants of awesomeness Knox wears ripped pants of awesomeness Knox wears ripped pants of awesomeness Knox wears ripped pants of awesomeness Knox wears ripped pants of awesomeness Knox wears ripped pants of awesomeness Knox wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Heroscape View Post
those actually look great!
I think so too. Note that @Chill painted on a few of those details, but at that price it's a great option for those unwilling to paint, and with a few minutes of time you can have them looking fantastic
Old November 27th, 2022, 01:21 AM

The detail is lacking, but those don't look awful on the board. Most are larger, didn't expect that. Paint touchups would get these close to the official ones, and there's a Gold wyrmling to go with the upcoming...(Kalagrith?). No purple,though...

Can the wings be adjusted with the boiling water/freezing treatment, @Chill ?
Old November 27th, 2022, 09:55 AM

Chill rolls all skulls baby! Chill rolls all skulls baby! Chill rolls all skulls baby! Chill rolls all skulls baby! Chill rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by UtahScott View Post
The detail is lacking, but those don't look awful on the board. Most are larger, didn't expect that. Paint touchups would get these close to the official ones, and there's a Gold wyrmling to go with the upcoming...(Kalagrith?). No purple,though...

Can the wings be adjusted with the boiling water/freezing treatment, @Chill ?
Sorry, I'm not sure! Never tried something like that.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards