Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Age of Annihilation > News & Discussion

Notices

Old November 15th, 2022, 08:06 AM
quoting myself - insanity beckons

nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth
Re: Age of Annihilation - Backer Trend and Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by CapAp View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyys View Post
pretty much the reason the display tables from TotalCon2010 and TotalCon2011 existed
Bruh, seeing that 2011 castle made me weep.
I *almost* want to build one of these behemoths again. They take hours to construct, eating into convention gaming time, but man, it was quite a presence. No matter why folks were at the convention, they came over and checked it out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rudyvalentine View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyys View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by chas View Post
Or did Hasbro do it themselves? This possibility for AOA was mentioned some time ago by another poster.
It came from the Board Game Insiders podcast. Stephen Buonocore suggested that Hasbro could be 'shady' (when they were talking about Scape happening regardless of this campaign) and uptick the backer count themselves... how would we know?
I think it’d be pretty clear if it surged considerably at this stage with no final push to speak of.
Oh for sure, but I can't say I'd be upset if it happened.

-insert signature here-
Old November 15th, 2022, 08:59 AM

Unhinged Manchild wears ripped pants of awesomeness Unhinged Manchild wears ripped pants of awesomeness Unhinged Manchild wears ripped pants of awesomeness Unhinged Manchild wears ripped pants of awesomeness Unhinged Manchild wears ripped pants of awesomeness Unhinged Manchild wears ripped pants of awesomeness Unhinged Manchild wears ripped pants of awesomeness Unhinged Manchild wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Migraine View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shurrig View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by caps View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shurrig View Post
Also, maybe unrelated, but the transformer haslab seemingly gained 2,000+ backers over the last 48 hours? I am in pain. How did that even happen.
Lots more Transformers fans than Heroscape fans, and they're much more plugged into Hasbro. Also: payday.
I know, but they were at 6900 this past weekend. Just seems like a random sudden bump, I wasn’t sure if they revealed any news that excited fans or something.
It could happen tonight for us, too!!!

Lol was just talking to my wife, wondering if we could get Dominion to "fortify" the AoA website. If the site accidentally went down for a few minutes but then a few thousand people suddenly decided to back in support, it would be fine with me

MISSING CONTEXT. FACT CHECKERS DID NOT FIND FAX AND LA CHIC IN THIS POST OF A CLEARLY RAVING LUNATIC. SO WE WILL LABEL IT AND MAKE FUN OF HIS INTELLIGENCE AND NO ONE WILL BAT AN EYE. GOOD DAY, COMRADE.
Old November 15th, 2022, 09:13 AM

Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth

I just got a promotional email from Hasbro reminding me that its the last chance to back the HeroScape Haslab.
Old November 15th, 2022, 09:56 AM
Thanksgiving Custom Contest Champion

Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by chas View Post
Rackchott's Consume the Dead seems to be mandatory rather than optional. Is that the case?
It's not mandatory, but the reasons you choose not to are so rare so we didn't think it was worth adding "you may."
Old November 15th, 2022, 10:01 AM

EricTheGreat1999 knows what's in an order marker EricTheGreat1999 knows what's in an order marker

so I'm guessing that at this point, the final number will be somewhere around 4200. Better than what most predictions had been, however artificially inflated due to already-existing backers trying to create some form of "momentum".

Heroscape and its community did not deserve this. If there is any form of a comeback, let's hope that Avalon Hill does a better job at promoting it.
Old November 15th, 2022, 10:04 AM
Upset City Baby!

brak88 wears ripped pants of awesomeness brak88 wears ripped pants of awesomeness brak88 wears ripped pants of awesomeness brak88 wears ripped pants of awesomeness brak88 wears ripped pants of awesomeness brak88 wears ripped pants of awesomeness brak88 wears ripped pants of awesomeness

4,000 backers hit.

Ohhhhhhh...... We're halfway there!!!!!!

Upset City Baby.
Old November 15th, 2022, 10:13 AM
quoting myself - insanity beckons

nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricTheGreat1999 View Post
...artificially inflated due to already-existing backers trying to create some form of "momentum".
Not sure I'd call it artificially inflated (or at least not in the sense that AH didn't think about how 8000 orders doesn't mean 8000 backers). Reason I say that is with the Haslab allowing for a maximum of 5 sets to be ordered, they had to have taken into account (in a worst case scenario of course) that there would be only 1600 backers to get to 8K (and possibly fewer than that for anyone who took it a step further and created a second account or got a family member to place an order that they would pay for).

Usually, I think, when formulating a plan you take the worst case scenario, decide if it will still work and go from there. So even though 1600 backers would not have been where they wanted to be, I would think they at least took the possibility into account. Giving too much credit?

-insert signature here-
Old November 15th, 2022, 10:23 AM

rudyvalentine wears ripped pants of awesomeness rudyvalentine wears ripped pants of awesomeness rudyvalentine wears ripped pants of awesomeness rudyvalentine wears ripped pants of awesomeness rudyvalentine wears ripped pants of awesomeness rudyvalentine wears ripped pants of awesomeness rudyvalentine wears ripped pants of awesomeness rudyvalentine wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by brak88 View Post
4,000 backers hit.

Ohhhhhhh...... We're halfway there!!!!!!
You forgot the rest of it… Livin on a prayer!
Old November 15th, 2022, 10:28 AM
GenCon 2014 Main Event Champ / Obsessive-Compulsive HS Storage Organizer

R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth

I guess it is a nice consolation to say we put over a million dollars on the line to bring Heroscape back.

It sounds way better than saying nearly a million.

A must read for all 'Scapers!

Last edited by R˙chean; November 15th, 2022 at 10:29 AM. Reason: we are picking up backers at a pretty brisk rate
Old November 15th, 2022, 10:52 AM

GamerDad74 rolls all skulls baby! GamerDad74 rolls all skulls baby! GamerDad74 rolls all skulls baby! GamerDad74 rolls all skulls baby!

I know someone mentioned this earlier, but here's the article to go along with it. I think this really helps to explain why the Hasbros ran this campaign the way they did, and why so many had to back multiple copies of AoA just to get it to this point.

From the article:

As Hass notes, “Magic has grown primarily by extracting more revenue from each player rather than by growing its player base.” While this strategy has worked up to a point, it now appears that many fans are at their breaking point.
Old November 15th, 2022, 11:04 AM
Mighty Mouse!

Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by GamerDad74 View Post
I know someone mentioned this earlier, but here's the article to go along with it. I think this really helps to explain why the Hasbros ran this campaign the way they did, and why so many had to back multiple copies of AoA just to get it to this point.

From the article:

As Hass notes, “Magic has grown primarily by extracting more revenue from each player rather than by growing its player base.” While this strategy has worked up to a point, it now appears that many fans are at their breaking point.
I posted an article about this earlier. I’m glad that people are seeing the malpractice here.

“Heroscapers is too old for that crap.”
~IamBatman

"Hahahah! You losers! I told you so!!"
~Clancampbell
Old November 15th, 2022, 11:16 AM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricTheGreat1999 View Post
so I'm guessing that at this point, the final number will be somewhere around 4200. Better than what most predictions had been, however artificially inflated due to already-existing backers trying to create some form of "momentum".

Heroscape and its community did not deserve this. If there is any form of a comeback, let's hope that Avalon Hill does a better job at promoting it.
Momentum in these things is all "artifical," in one way or another. If the goal had been $1,000,000, instead of $2,000,000, ther just would have been a different kind of momentum to get it to the same place.

For all of the flaws of the campaign, the final number is the final number.

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =

Go Back   Heroscapers > Age of Annihilation > News & Discussion