Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion
HeroScape General Discussion General discussions of packaging, terrain, components, etc. If it doesn't fit in any other official category, put it here.

Old October 10th, 2006, 07:46 PM

Bixby knows what's in an order marker Bixby knows what's in an order marker
HeroScape Quality Control of components

Hello all:

If there is a thread on this, I apologize, my searches did not yield any fruitful results. On the HQ site I posted issues with buckling of the lava tiles when a large body of lava was made. Seems the size tolerance of those tiles is not quite what it should be.

My latest beef is with some of the castle walls. A couple of wall pieces slid together and are wedged tight. To be honest they are stuck and are inseperable now. Anyone else have this problem? Did you coat your errant wall pieces with lube or soap to get them to fit better?

Let me know...
Old October 10th, 2006, 09:09 PM

ugly1hornedmule knows what's in an order marker ugly1hornedmule knows what's in an order marker
I have not with the walls, but the lava is another issue

Thanks for the last and greatest betrayal, of the last and greatest of human dreams.
-William S. Burroughs
Old October 10th, 2006, 09:11 PM

loseaturn has disabled reputation
when i first started using my castle walls some were very tight. And I had to struggle and bang and beat them to come undone. But when I finally got them seperated they went with other pieces just fine. Now after a little more wear they are holding better and it isn't such a struggle
Old October 10th, 2006, 09:21 PM

Mr. Underhill has disabled reputation
Re: HeroScape Quality Control of components

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bixby
My latest beef is with some of the castle walls. A couple of wall pieces slid together and are wedged tight. To be honest they are stuck and are inseperable now. Anyone else have this problem? Did you coat your errant wall pieces with lube or soap to get them to fit better?
The Anyone Else Worried? thread talks about the problems with the castle walls as well.

J
Old October 10th, 2006, 11:17 PM
has been BANNED

jcb231 is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
Just push gently but firmly. Sometimes it takes a LOT of pressure to separate them, but if you don't bang or strike them and just keep up a STRONG steady pressure, they should come apart without breaking. I would not recommend banging them....sharp hits could lead to breakage.

As for the lava buckling, whenever I build a large body of solid water or molten lava, I always build it and then let it sit for a while to see where the buckles appear. If any show up, I carefully rotate and reposition tiles until it stops, then let it sit again. Usually they go away after one such rotation, but sometimes I need to repeat the process once or twice.
Old October 10th, 2006, 11:37 PM
Mighty Mouse!

Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
I have never had any of the above mentioned problems.

“Heroscapers is too old for that crap.”
~IamBatman

"Hahahah! You losers! I told you so!!"
~Clancampbell
Old October 10th, 2006, 11:52 PM
has been BANNED

I've had the castle one only a couple times, and while I've had the lava problem, as I say, it goes away with careful tile placement. I get buckling when I rush and don't line everything up precisely.
Old October 11th, 2006, 01:41 AM

The lava buckling does not go away for me. I am very precise about the placement. There is an obvious difference between the fit of the sparkly water tiles and the lava. The sparkly water tiles fit perfectly, even with large bodies of water, the lava tiles buckle quite badly in places. Given that this is a recurring problem and only with lava, I have to conclude there are different materials or fit tolerance in the lava pieces.
Old October 11th, 2006, 01:49 AM
has been BANNED

Many folks have complained of this. I still think it's placement in most cases and will go away if you adjust everything carefully. If yours are still buckling than you might have an actual defective product and should let Hasbro now.
Old October 11th, 2006, 02:03 AM

I have 12 sets of defective product then...

I am sure it is not placement. I have 16 master sets with sparkly water that I have been building maps with for almost 2 years... never a problem. I have many hours of map making experience. That and I am anal-retentive and have OCD tendancies , I have brought great care to the placement of the tiles... Lave buckles - Water does not.
Old October 11th, 2006, 02:09 AM
Emeritus Admin

Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness
The wall sections are tight and sometimes hard to slide apart. It's better than being too loose, though.
Old October 11th, 2006, 02:43 AM

Dragonslayer is surprisingly tart
Quote:
The lava buckling does not go away for me. I am very precise about the placement. There is an obvious difference between the fit of the sparkly water tiles and the lava. The sparkly water tiles fit perfectly, even with large bodies of water, the lava tiles buckle quite badly in places. Given that this is a recurring problem and only with lava, I have to conclude there are different materials or fit tolerance in the lava pieces.
I have the very same problem with lava (3 sets) and the new solid watertiles as well. They seem to be a tiny bit larger than the sparklys. If a bigger space is layed and surrounded by landtiles, the water buckles. No such thing with sparklys (of which I have, fortunately, enough so I don't have to use the solid ones).

Quote:
I am sure it is not placement
It is not. It's the tiles and the type of surrounding tiles.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion