Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion
HeroScape General Discussion General discussions of packaging, terrain, components, etc. If it doesn't fit in any other official category, put it here.

Notices

Old October 25th, 2019, 07:47 PM
Cooking Rice is Hard

OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: Casters of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by vegietarian18 View Post
I'm glad to see some Q10 hate since I think he's pretty overrated by virtue of being one letter away from Q9. There's a big difference between 7 and 5 defense and Q10 majorly suffers not having either.

Personally I'd love to hear even reactions to VC figures even if you guys don't play them, I think there's so much to talk about when it comes to new figures being released. But I can understand if you guys truly just aren't interested in the custom scene at all.
Thanks for listening vegie!

I doubt we'll do reactions. I think the only person on the cast who follows VC is Cleon, and even he hasn't kept up with it for a little while. It's something to maybe consider, but I wouldn't plan on it.
Old October 25th, 2019, 08:01 PM

Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
I'm glad to see some Q10 hate since I think he's pretty overrated by virtue of being one letter away from Q9. There's a big difference between 7 and 5 defense and Q10 majorly suffers not having either.
I agree wholeheartedly - I don't think Q10 is nearly as good as is generally assumed.

In most situations (General Wars and when my opponent has Cyprien are the only 2 exceptions that come to mind right now, arguably RtW also) I would prefer having Kaemon + 30 points of extra whatever (note: that doesn't mean extra filler. Maybe I can replace my marcu for MWs with those 3, maybe I can replace my Guilty with another squad of Romans + Isamu. 30 points can do a lot at the tail end of an army).
Old October 25th, 2019, 08:03 PM
Cooking Rice is Hard

OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Perkins View Post
Quote:
I agree wholeheartedly - I don't think Q10 is nearly as good as is generally assumed.

In most situations (General Wars and when my opponent has Cyprien are the only 2 exceptions that come to mind right now, arguably RtW also) I would prefer having Kaemon + 30 points of extra whatever (note: that doesn't mean extra filler. Maybe I can replace my marcu for MWs with those 3, maybe I can replace my Guilty with another squad of Romans + Isamu. 30 points can do a lot at the tail end of an army).
Absolutely. This is what I was failing to articulate the other night: the 30 points often lets you upgrade the rest of the army, rather than just being more points to fill.
Old October 26th, 2019, 12:09 PM
Baron of Beantown V

Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrcElfArmyOne View Post
Quote:

Personally I'd love to hear even reactions to VC figures even if you guys don't play them, I think there's so much to talk about when it comes to new figures being released. But I can understand if you guys truly just aren't interested in the custom scene at all.
Thanks for listening vegie!

I doubt we'll do reactions. I think the only person on the cast who follows VC is Cleon, and even he hasn't kept up with it for a little while. It's something to maybe consider, but I wouldn't plan on it.
I used to a lot more, but right now I don’t have as much time for scape in general so when I do think about scape or play I just stick with the official game since I know all of it well. VC I only half-know and it’s incredibly difficult and overwhelming to keep up with all the synergies (and partially why making a power rankings/tier list for it is near-impossible) when I’m trying to squeeze time for any scape. I mean VC is approaching 350 units alongside the official game so it’s a lot to take in, especially when I’m not playing regularly.

I’m not opposed to VC (besides Cathar Spearmen) or talking about it, but it’s definitely out of my comfort zone as of right now. If you want a reaction from the newest release...I like Marutuk a lot, probably because I love that kind of playstyle. I think her with the Cutters is a really cool army (ex. Marutuk, Cutters x4, Krav).

Edit: Also, Q10 is good
Old October 29th, 2019, 03:23 AM
A Happy Extradimensional Horror

Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death!

Hah, if you guys want someone with a nice radio voice as a VC ambassador.

Last edited by Pumpkin_King; October 29th, 2019 at 01:41 PM. Reason: I’m your guy.
Old October 29th, 2019, 06:28 AM

bmon wears ripped pants of awesomeness bmon wears ripped pants of awesomeness bmon wears ripped pants of awesomeness bmon wears ripped pants of awesomeness bmon wears ripped pants of awesomeness bmon wears ripped pants of awesomeness bmon wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I'm disappointed to hear VC won't be discussed.
Old November 2nd, 2019, 08:08 PM
Cooking Rice is Hard

https://castersofvalhalla.wixsite.co...3-a-to-a-units

Today, we welcome Ken (Matthias Maccabeus) to the cast!

Also, from this entry forward, we will be following a three-segment structure:
Main Topic (led by myself)
Listener Question (led by myself)
GenCon Discussion (led by Ken)

Join us as we discuss the A+ and A rated units (mostly in accord with the original power rankings by SP and Jexik), Chris Perkins' Listener Question on the best armies in the 4x4 format, and give an introduction and overview of GenCon.

Feedback is welcome as always (I know there are some audio issues, and I will be addressing that next). Thanks for listening!

Last edited by OEAO; November 2nd, 2019 at 08:52 PM. Reason: Also, I actually edited this time...
Old November 2nd, 2019, 09:43 PM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

Hey friends of the 'cast, reviews and 5-star ratings on iTunes really help.

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =
Old November 2nd, 2019, 09:53 PM
Cooking Rice is Hard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dad_Scaper View Post
Hey friends of the 'cast, reviews and 5-star ratings on iTunes really help.
Thanks DS! Hope you enjoy this one. Is that your 5-star rating and comment on iTunes? If so, thanks!!
Old November 2nd, 2019, 09:54 PM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

Who, me? "DS"??? Noooooo. . . .

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =
Old November 2nd, 2019, 09:56 PM
Cooking Rice is Hard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dad_Scaper View Post
Who, me? "DS"??? Noooooo. . . .
Haha, I’ll be honest that I didn’t put 2+2 together before now...
Old November 3rd, 2019, 02:41 AM
Baron of Beantown V

Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun

Knights > Heavies > Marro Stingers > Greenscales > Dwarves > Romans > Deathchasers > Nagrubs > Blades > Sacred Band > Gladiators > MacDirks > Spiders > Armocs > Death Knights > Wolves of Badru > Groks

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion