Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Marvel News
Marvel News Hasbro-released news, store sightings, etc. specific to Marvel HS

Notices

Old May 10th, 2012, 09:09 AM
the above

William099 wears ripped pants of awesomeness William099 wears ripped pants of awesomeness William099 wears ripped pants of awesomeness William099 wears ripped pants of awesomeness William099 wears ripped pants of awesomeness William099 wears ripped pants of awesomeness William099 wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: Marvel:Reinforcements Arrive - Never To Be Released (Pho

Doesn't Craig have a heroscapers account? Couldn't somebody ask him if he knows?

Customs here
Master Set IV/Assault in the Mournlands.
William099 is Lord of Blades...
in THE FRACTAL COMPLEX
Old May 10th, 2012, 11:38 AM
Monokidnatic

Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grishnakh View Post
I wonder what ever became of the prototype figures. I imagine them in a box, along with a laser printout of the first or second draft of their cards, filed on a shelf somewhere in a back storage room of Hasbro, forgotten.

Heck, they're probably mislabeled as My Little Pony figures....

Or, Craig still has them displayed on a shelf in his office. That's a nicer thought actually.
I don't know how many sets were created, but Chris Nelson, who did much of the MarvelScape work, has a set of them.

Don't think of it as being outnumbered. Think of it as having a wide shot selection!
Scaper of the Week #17
How to get to Skyknight's house: Drive to the red light, then call him.
Old May 10th, 2012, 02:14 PM
Founding Member of C3G and C3V

Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby!

Marvel Set didn't sell very well around here in NC and VA. I am guessing that maybe the lack of sells resulted in a lack of interest by Hasbro - I mean isn't that almost always the case. If it isn't Monopoly, Trouble, Battleship, or big sellers like that, Hasbro just doesn't care.
Old May 10th, 2012, 03:31 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by William099 View Post
So WOTC specifically said "The marvel wave is going to come out." What happened to that statement?
It wasn't true.
I'm sure they thought it was true when they said it, but life is funny that way sometimes.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old May 11th, 2012, 12:43 AM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

I would not mind having that Punisher sculpt. I can't believe we have not seen Hasbro/WOTC reuse the sculpts somehow yet. They already spent the money on developing them.

Looking at the wave, it is an odd grouping of characters. They said it would have been two boosters per wave so 5 figures per booster. Not sure what they were thinking for a break down. maybe the 3 FF figures with two villains. Then Punisher, Beast, & Black Panther with the other two villains. Beast being the only X-men/mutant in the group and no other mutants in the master set really makes him an odd ball.
Old May 11th, 2012, 01:02 AM

Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby!

A few hundred dollars to a sculptor for each figure is chump change to Hasbro. They don't care about wasting that kinda of money.
Old May 22nd, 2012, 10:48 PM

ZAKOVANI is surprisingly tart
Lightbulb Re: Marvel:Reinforcements Arrive - Never To Be Released (Pho

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grishnakh View Post
I wonder what ever became of the prototype figures. I imagine them in a box, along with a laser printout of the first or second draft of their cards, filed on a shelf somewhere in a back storage room of Hasbro, forgotten.

Heck, they're probably mislabeled as My Little Pony figures....

Or, Craig still has them displayed on a shelf in his office. That's a nicer thought actually.
I don't know how many sets were created, but Chris Nelson, who did much of the MarvelScape work, has a set of them.
This Chris Nelson must be tracked down and must be swayed to sell his unreleased Marvelscape to one of us.......
Old May 22nd, 2012, 10:56 PM

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

I doubt he's keen on losing his job and getting sued by Hasbro. If you have enough money, though, I suppose you might have a shot. (I would start with 50 grand, and be prepared to go up from there).

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old May 22nd, 2012, 11:05 PM

The look of disappointment on someone's face when they look at the expensive cards they just bought and realize that C3G's free cards are better would be classic.
Old May 22nd, 2012, 11:46 PM
Monokidnatic

Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Griffin View Post
The look of disappointment on someone's face when they look at the expensive cards they just bought and realize that C3G's free cards are better would be classic.
Without giving any specifics, an unspecified number of the C3G cards are remarkably similar to the corresponding Marvel Reinforcement cards.

Don't think of it as being outnumbered. Think of it as having a wide shot selection!
Scaper of the Week #17
How to get to Skyknight's house: Drive to the red light, then call him.
Old May 22nd, 2012, 11:48 PM

I've heard similarly extremely vague comments before, which is an unspecified amount of awesome.

Old May 23rd, 2012, 12:18 AM

I keep hearing that too, but I like to believe that the C3G cards that are different, are so because they are better.

Thanks for that Jim. You're the best. Hey, can I come over and play Marvel Scape with you next week?

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Marvel News