Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy
C3G Legacy Archive of all the original discussions and workshops from the first stage of C3G.

Notices

Old January 22nd, 2021, 02:18 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Re: Welcome to C3G! – Directory

Color coding updates based on affecting gameplay or not is a good idea.

All the swinging powers should still be the same other than technically now Count Vertigo affects their movement.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old January 22nd, 2021, 02:19 PM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

What are the melted play-doh cards?
That sounds awesome.
Old January 22nd, 2021, 02:20 PM
Tickle Pickle

tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth

The swinging update technically is a mechanical change because there are powers that affect Flying like Count Vertigo and an On Deck Glyph, but they're minor and that's also an easy enough thing to remember.

I view it like Oracle text for Magic the Gathering cards, some old cards have really wonky wording, but as the game advances, if they print a card again they just update the wording on the latest version. That becomes the "Oracle text" which is the official game text for the card, but all old versions of the card are still usable.
Old January 22nd, 2021, 02:30 PM
See the Book of Sporx for updates.

Sporx wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sporx wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sporx wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sporx wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sporx wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sporx wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sporx wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sporx wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I generally agree with SIEGE, too. I like the idea of “revising” some of the old designs where it makes thematic and mechanical sense. If we could go back in time and use our current knowledge, I think a lot of these “class changes” would have been made without hesitation, to create thematic and mechanical synergy. The designers at the time simply weren’t aware of what this project would become.

No one has perfect knowledge of how things will develop. Even Richard Garfield designed MTG with ante... It is not inherently bad, or reductive, to make tweaks along the way.

MTG has done “cleanup” of its product line/terminology throughout its history. In some ways, such changes may have helped keep that game fresh, relevant, and successful, without majorly overhauling the core game.

The “Oracle text” concept may be a good parallel to what is being talked about here. Is there a way to have an “original” and an “Oracle text” version of C3G? For example, the most famous MTG card:

Black Lotus (printed/1993): 0 CMC, MONO Artifact, “Adds 3 mana of any single color of your choice to your mana pool, then is discarded. Tapping this artifact can be played as an interrupt.”

Black Lotus (Oracle/current): 0 CMC, Artifact, “Tap, Sacrifice Black Lotus: Add three mana of any one color.”

Both say the same thing, but the modern conventions are much cleaner, easier to understand, and less cumbersome for new players to learn. Standardized language, etc., also helps the creators with a framework to express their designs, or deviations from standards.

I think the Leap/Swing changes recently have been very productive and helpful in making C3G a “better” product. These types of refinements are almost necessary, as a game becomes more and more “understood” through time and repeated play.

But, I never get to play... so most of my input is theory/fantasy drafting. The thing that I am most interested in is theme... comic accuracy, “team-ups” that make story sense, not necessarily min/maxing. I am a “Johnny” player, not a “Spike,” or “Timmy.” (https://magic.wizards.com/en/article...ike-2013-12-03) Is this a helpful tool for discussing the issues/players/future?

Edit: ninja’ed by tcglkn. Great minds think alike. But, so do small ones...

Last edited by Sporx; January 22nd, 2021 at 03:07 PM.
Old January 22nd, 2021, 03:07 PM

Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Also Magneto I is probably never used anymore, as much as I like Revolutionary as a Class it doesn't help him at all (unless we start building Acolytes around him or something). Just a thought about one of the "one-offs".

edit: oh by playdoh, I just mean some of those early heroclix figures

Last edited by Splash; January 22nd, 2021 at 04:19 PM.
Old January 22nd, 2021, 04:16 PM

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

Thanks again everyone.
Old January 22nd, 2021, 06:37 PM
A Man of Taste

japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

As a member of the art department I instantly knew what he meant by play doh figures...

Would I want it to be everything I love...sure...but that's just not realistic so I'm going to focus on finding things that will make me unhappy and work on fixing those.
Old January 22nd, 2021, 06:39 PM
A Man of Taste

japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Also I kept hearing the term oracle text and kept trying to remember what we did with Oracle. So thanks for clarifying that guys. Obviously I’m not a MtG player.

Would I want it to be everything I love...sure...but that's just not realistic so I'm going to focus on finding things that will make me unhappy and work on fixing those.
Old January 24th, 2021, 08:01 PM

Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness

The Book of Demogorgon
@Arch-vile
@Arkham
@johnny139
@Lord Pyre
@LordVenoc
@MrNobody
@Soundwarp SG-1
@tcglkn
Old January 25th, 2021, 09:30 PM
Setting the Table for Super

Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

I'm a little late on this, but here is my 2 cents.

I'm definitely in favor of updating old cards. I like the idea of swapping/condensing some of the classes. There are many figures I haven't played but want to, because
I haven't figured out how to fit it into an army because of lack of synergy. Maybe some shuffling will help that. One of the things that I really like is the fact that C3G is willing to reevaluate units and aren't afraid to make changes when necessary.

As far as releases go, the more the better, big or small doesn't matter to me. I'm always surprised to hear that a design has sat finished in limbo for years! And at the same time a public design can go from start to release in weeks. I do understand that it's a different process and the desire to release whe factions, but no finished design should sit for years. Set them free!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcglkn View Post
We're closing in on our 12th year as a project, and have well surpassed our wildest ambitions as we've blown past 1,000 designs. With that in mind, we've taken a close look at our library, with the benefit of hindsight and a wealth of knowledge gained through experience over those years. We are currently considering updating some old designs to give them more appropriate classes. Nothing is set in stone, and we value your feedback. A couple examples would be:
• Animal Man changing from an Adventurer(tied to Fantastic Four synergy) to a Champion(tied to Justice League synergy)
• potentially removing a degree of "one off" classes to ensure a more mindful streamlined library as we head into the many designs of the future
Do you feel that these types of changes are worth while endeavors for a more solid foundation to the project, or do you feel the need to re-print these cards to be more bother than benefit?

We are looking to do one sweep to get things to a comfortable and confident place moving forward, at which point we will be far more vigilant to ensure as soon as they are released to you, that these types of updates will not be needed.

We want to hear from all of our fans so if you can see this but aren't actively involved behind the scenes of C3G please respond. I'd definitely love to hear from our most active Allies though so I'm gonna tag a few of you here:
@AlexH12
@Captain Redbeard
@Dr. Jekyll
@Ericth74
@FreshFoods
@GamerHusband
@redstang
@SIEGE
@Splash
@Sporx
@Zakizzryn
Old January 25th, 2021, 10:32 PM

Nothing sits for years anymore. We (which is mostly Bats) find somewhere to fit in everything. A year would be a long time in the current setting.
That is for finished designs. Unfinished ones do still sometimes sit for years but that usually means the LD has left or lost interest and no one has picked it up yet.
Old January 26th, 2021, 06:38 AM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

At this point finished stuff only gets held back for a long time when the LD specifically asks for it (looking at you, Lexington). My desire is always to get stuff out within a reasonable time frame, in thematic waves if possible, but in happy mish mashes if not.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy