Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Maps & Scenarios > Architects of the Realms of Valhalla
Architects of the Realms of Valhalla Discussion and presentation of the maps approved by the ARV.

Notices

Old July 11th, 2018, 05:42 PM
This is merely a joke.

superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth
Re: NEW CONTEST! - Secret Treasures of Valhalla

If you view somebody's profile, the end of the URL is "?u=" and then some number. If you put that in mention tags, like [ mention=thatnumber ] [ /mention ], then whatever you put inside there will tag that user.

Or, much more easily, you can just type @ and then the username, and it automatically converts it to a mention tag.

@bluenax

Also, good feedback on my map, thanks. Because my map is so narrow, I'm staying away from the big blockers to make sure it's not congested. I also hope that the good road will help the map stay fast for melee. But I was able to free up a tile and move two trees towards the center.
Old July 11th, 2018, 08:41 PM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!

Here is my map I'd like to enter in the Secret Treasures of Valhalla Contest.

The Treasure Troves of Aquilla

TREASURE TROVES OF AQUILLA VS FILE
Build Requirements:
1 FOTA, 1 BFTU, 1 TJ
Start zones in Red and Green.
Glyph of Brandar glyphs are Random Treasure Glyphs. Random Power Glyph in middle of map.

Back Story
The Ancient Treasure Troves of Aquilla are rundown and battle ravaged but there, hidden in the jungles of Ticalla are some of the treasures of once was a mighty trove still hold value. Make your way into Aquilla's forgotten treasury, turn the tides of battle with the treasure inside, and crush your enemies.

EDIT: @Sir Heroscape , I fixed this post to be my submission.

Check out my ebay where you can find my custom dice trays and dicetowers:
https://www.ebay.com/usr/captainamazing_jerdo

Last edited by TREX; July 12th, 2018 at 12:36 AM.
Old July 11th, 2018, 08:45 PM
Sir Formerly Known As adoney

Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by TREX View Post

Is that your official submission or are you looking for feedback first?

Sir Heroscape's Content
Customs, Maps, Battle Reports
YouTube Channel, Trade List,
'Scaper of the Month, Burnout Format
Tourney Record: 309 - 141
Online Record: 19 - 22
Old July 11th, 2018, 08:46 PM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Heroscape View Post
Quote:

Is that your official submission or are you looking for feedback first?
Just finished editing the post, but yeah.

EDIT: I'll take feedback on it, but that is what it is. I know how all this fun stuff works. It should be kosher, but that doesn't mean I wouldn't love to hear what is said about it.

Old July 13th, 2018, 01:59 AM
Usurper of Shenanigans (but only 10 points under)

BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun

Sorry for the late feedback -- I've had a busy couple of evenings. But I wanted to swing by and comment on these sweet sweet map drafts we've got coming through here. This will be brief as there's already been some feedback and I don't want to just repeat what's been said.
Quote:
Originally Posted by rednax View Post
Bridge May Be Icy

Requirements: 1 SotM, 1 TT, 1 RttFF
Glyphs: Wannok, Valda
Notes: Normal Snow, Normal Ice
I also find the high road pieces concerning, but it looks like you're willing to work on that. I do think that lowering the bridge a couple of levels would be beneficial. If you have to lose the glyph under the bridge to do that, that's probably okay. That just allows Wannok to have a stronger influence. You could use any extra terrain gained from lowering the bridge to build up the terrain around the road to allow more access points than just the two on either side, which can really restrict gameplay when players take control of the bridge and turtle there. It also looks like the map can get pretty congested -- understandable with all of those LoS blockers. I'd keep an eye on them to see if you can't free things up a little to allow action to flow to and around the bridge.

Quote:
Jungle Fever

Requirements: 1 SotM, 1 VW, 1 TJ
Glyphs: Dagmar, Valda
Like others, I think this looks like a compelling map. I'm really glad to see you taking old concepts like Forest Fire and reworking them. I like that even though there are good pieces of high ground, they're farther back and each is susceptible to nearby lava. I do worry a tad about so much high ground being covered by Jungle, which allows cheerleaders and powerful ranged heroes to relax in the shade as they do their duties, but there have been maps I've played on where that's proved to be a nonissue. I'm also not sure if Valda is a good enough glyph to hide in so much lava. I could understand if it was a little more accessible, but because it's a little out of the way and on lava I don't know if most armies would bother with it and the risk of lava damage if they can't hop off quickly. I'd consider either creating another route or choosing a different glyph. (I could be wrong in my guess here too, though.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by superfrog View Post

High ground road tends to make me nervous. It is cool to see that you've obviously put a lot of though and work into the design of this map. The height/glyph rock, paper, scissors dynamic is really interesting, and I'd love to see how it plays. For its current rendition, I do feel that the LoS blockers could be utilized a little better. Especially the ones closer to the start zones feel like they're not going to do much LoS blocking. I personally would prefer them making the power points on the map more difficult to utilize fully, particularly the bridge and the level 4 seven hexers.

Quote:

TREASURE TROVES OF AQUILLA VS FILE
Build Requirements:
1 FOTA, 1 BFTU, 1 TJ
Start zones in Red and Green.
Glyph of Brandar glyphs are Random Treasure Glyphs. Random Power Glyph in middle of map.
I know you said this is your submission but I wanted to throw some feedback your way for funzies. I really like this second draft and think it's a great improvement. I think the major power spot, though, is to the left. Any turtling army, especially with Raelin, will be able to take that seven hex there, stick Raelin by the Jungle for protection, maybe pick up the TG for bonus fun, and then camp for days due to the spot's command over the battlefield, especially the center glyph.

Monthly Utah Tournaments in SLC!!
Maps | Customs | Battle Reports
10 Points Under Videos

"I'll save myself some time and say I pretty much 100% agree with Bigga" ~Flash_19

Last edited by BiggaBullfrog; July 13th, 2018 at 02:00 AM. Reason: Apologies if this is incoherent ... I really need to hit the hey
Old July 13th, 2018, 10:14 AM
"like" happy

@BiggaBullfrog . Thanks for the insight on the Raelin tactics. I really think she is a punk. With how this is set up she could do what you say but the opposing army could contest the middle the same way. In another turn a ranged squad could reach the next 7 hex around and assault the enemy tartzone while keeping an eye on the center glyph. I dont think the map would be broken with a raelin build because there are plenty of positions around the map to keep the action going while contesting the glyph. I appreciate the feedback.

EDIT: @Sir Heroscape . I'm going to pull my submission of my map out of the contest. If I get around to working on it more I'll resubmit before the contest is up.

Last edited by TREX; July 14th, 2018 at 07:33 PM.
Old July 26th, 2018, 05:05 PM
Night of the Living Plastic

Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun

Ruined City

2 Marvel
1 Fortress of the Archkyrie

Although it is shown in the image, the Marvel warehouse Ruins should have their second level piece removed

Tremors slowly subsided. Debris covered nearly everything in sight. A glimmer caught the eyes of the few survivors. Though tragic this now ruined city appears to have housed powerful secrets, which are now free for the taking...

Rocky Mounds

1 Rise of the Valkyrie
2 Road to the Forgotten Forrest

They had not taken kindly to his passage. He was certain they would be following him, though he hadn't seen anyone. In an instant he felt the ground rush up to meet his face. A large flat rock jutted out a little higher than the rest right where he had been running. Quickly he darted around a rocky mound, and behind a tree to rest for a moment. Then he saw it. Just barley visible in the moon light, the glistening golden gleam on a newly unearthed treasure. Had He accidentally discovered something powerful?...

Last edited by Leaf_It; July 26th, 2018 at 05:28 PM.
Old July 26th, 2018, 05:15 PM
This is merely a joke.

superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth

Always a fan of using the Warehouse Ruin, but I'm not sure about putting the Breakable Wall Section in without using the Destructible Object card. It's a cool idea though, if the judges are on board with it.
Old July 26th, 2018, 05:32 PM
Night of the Living Plastic

Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by superfrog View Post
Always a fan of using the Warehouse Ruin, but I'm not sure about putting the Breakable Wall Section in without using the Destructible Object card. It's a cool idea though, if the judges are on board with it.
I may be mistaken, but I was under the impression that Mayberry was intended to function this way as well. I'm also not sure that it would really do anything to imbalance the map were you to use them, I just never used them myself when I worked on the map.

I want to add that I noticed a slight error in the build instructions about 15 minutes ago that I went and fixed. It was very slight, so you might not even notice if you have the old file to compare, but I have uploaded a new PDF to fix the mistake, so if you already downloaded it, you'll have to get it again.

I am open to feedback on these map if anyone spots any glaring problems that I should address while I still have the chance.
Old July 27th, 2018, 06:35 PM
This is merely a joke.

east is up
1 BftU, 1 M:tCB, and 1 TJ, with 4 treasure glyphs.

Life finds a way.
Nature has reclaimed this abandoned outpost of Vydar. Windswept barren rock shows through the eroding cement. Somehow, green has begun to emerge through the cracks. And alongside nature's greatest treasure lies all that remains of Vydar's once vast treasure.

Building Note: This uses the base for the breakable wall section in a support layer, and the bases for the rock outcrops as shadow tiles, as noted on the last page of the build instructions.

Trap (Jungle Insect Swarm): Roll the 20-sided die for this figure and each figure adjacent to a jungle bush or tree. If you roll a 13-20, that figure receives a wound.

Pure Gold
2 BftU and 1 RttFF, with Wannok and 3 treasure glyphs.

It was Grimald of Burning Forge who found it first.
Bridges are rare in Valhalla, especially underground bridges. But Utgar's engineers had crafted one here, and Grimald needed to know why. It was the glint of gold that gave it away first, and the
clickhiss of an arrow trap that gave it away second.
Grimald shouldn't have been so curious.

Building Note: This uses the bases for the 3-hex rock outcrops as shadow tiles, as noted on the last page of the build instructions.

Trap (Wall Spikes): Roll one unblockable attack die against this figure and each figure adjacent to either wall. Roll each attack separately.
Old July 27th, 2018, 11:00 PM
Sir Formerly Known As adoney

Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth

Very cool submissions Superfrog. Really like the thematic direction these are taking, well done!

Leaf It...very good submissions as well. Very impressed so far with the caliber of maps that have made their way in.

Looking forward to everyone else's submissions!

Sir Heroscape's Content
Customs, Maps, Battle Reports
YouTube Channel, Trade List,
'Scaper of the Month, Burnout Format
Tourney Record: 309 - 141
Online Record: 19 - 22
Old July 28th, 2018, 12:02 AM
This is merely a joke.

Sounds like a nice way of saying you see big gameplay issues with my maps

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Maps & Scenarios > Architects of the Realms of Valhalla