Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events > ScapeCon
ScapeCon Forum for events related to Scapecon

Notices

Old July 29th, 2022, 05:56 PM
PuppetMaster & #2 Ranked CoNner

Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Visual Evidence

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taeblewalker View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by boromir96 View Post
Just dumping a list of suggestions/ideas I have that I don’t want to forget. Some have already been discussed but I’ll leave them here for posterity.
More swag like items on the prize table (Heroscape mugs/coasters/hats etc.)
Like a Swag Rider?

~Dysole, still mulling on feedback
Old July 30th, 2022, 03:44 PM

Master Roshi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Master Roshi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Master Roshi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Master Roshi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Master Roshi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Master Roshi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Master Roshi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Master Roshi wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: ScapeCon 2022 Feedback

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Heroscape View Post
Displays like that are a super siick idea!!

New one just finished, I'm probably going to make a separate Scapecon 3 prizes thread so I can post things as I finish them

Next one is going to be an arctic setting
Old September 12th, 2022, 05:18 PM

Garenex wears ripped pants of awesomeness Garenex wears ripped pants of awesomeness Garenex wears ripped pants of awesomeness Garenex wears ripped pants of awesomeness Garenex wears ripped pants of awesomeness Garenex wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Little slow posting my thoughts...

1. A group picture would be great! I think I remember seeing a group picture for HS at GenCon, one year and it would be a great way to remember it, not to mention a way to review faces...

2. The Saturday night meal as a buffet was preferable to the plated, but as for the food itself, it is one of lesser I enjoyed. So, if it got switched out for a less expensive one, I would not be sad. I think the BBQ meal was my personal favorite, and the no breakfast option was very much appreciated, as I also do IMF, like Muskie mentioned.

3. A way to watch a life stream of the finals matches, without a crowd standing over the game would be great. That way people could commentate and discuss without fear of the players overhearing, or hovering too close. I think I'd heard both that the hotel, would, and would not allow us to bring in a tv, so I believe there was some confusion.

OG Heroscape collection completed on 6/21/2016!

The new collection begins...again...hopefully...at some point...maybe...CMON Renegade!

Last edited by Garenex; September 12th, 2022 at 09:09 PM.
Old September 12th, 2022, 06:32 PM

Master Roshi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Master Roshi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Master Roshi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Master Roshi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Master Roshi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Master Roshi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Master Roshi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Master Roshi wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garenex View Post

3. A way to watch a life stream of the finals matches, without a crowd standing over the game would be great. That way people could commentate and discuss without fear of the players overhearing, or hovering too close. I think I'd heard both that the hotel, would, and would not allow us to bring in a tv.

I was thinking of this myself, might get some pressure off the players. Plus was the championship match uploaded online anywhere?
Old September 13th, 2022, 02:24 AM
Sir Formerly Known As adoney

Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Roshi View Post
Quote:

3. A way to watch a life stream of the finals matches, without a crowd standing over the game would be great. That way people could commentate and discuss without fear of the players overhearing, or hovering too close. I think I'd heard both that the hotel, would, and would not allow us to bring in a tv.

I was thinking of this myself, might get some pressure off the players. Plus was the championship match uploaded online anywhere?
A "sidebar" casting of the game on the other side of the room (out of earshot of the players) would be really neat...especially if we're watching live. and yeah, if we could just bring our own Flatscreen TV to cast it for people to watch and commentate on...that'd be pretty cool.

Sir Heroscape's Content
Customs, Maps, Battle Reports
YouTube Channel, Trade List,
'Scaper of the Month, Burnout Format
Tourney Record: 309 - 141
Online Record: 19 - 22
Old September 15th, 2022, 06:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Heroscape View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Roshi View Post
Quote:

A "sidebar" casting of the game on the other side of the room (out of earshot of the players) would be really neat...especially if we're watching live. and yeah, if we could just bring our own Flatscreen TV to cast it for people to watch and commentate on...that'd be pretty cool.

The championship match should take place within a cage to increase the intensity. Whoever loses initiative roll gets hit with a metal folding chair

Old September 19th, 2022, 08:16 AM
Sleeps with Monkeys

Hendal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hendal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hendal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hendal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hendal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hendal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hendal wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I am very excited to be going next year to my first. I hope old school is still around, since I mentioned it first I think.
Prizes - I went to a small convention and they had Pens with the HS logo on it, and it said Heroscape --- this has always been one of my favorite swag prizes - cause it gets used all the time. Most stuff will not, but HS pens rock.

Heroscape - The Game I Have Waited My Whole Life For!
GenCon - a must for any true Scaper!
Old October 13th, 2022, 08:59 PM
GenCon 2013 Main Event Champion

The Orange Mailman knows what's in an order marker The Orange Mailman knows what's in an order marker The Orange Mailman knows what's in an order marker

I loved the food. Give people a heads up to bring a bit of cash because we tipped our food guy well. And he was worth every penny.

Glyph of Wannok is way overused.

With increased attendance will there still be room to bring things to sell? Garanex and I did pretty well and people seemed happy to pick up some product.

Some type of sound system would be good. It doesn't have to be blasting, just enough to get everyone's attention and talk over the buzz.

Have fun and stay busy - Luke 19:13

The Orange Mailman
Old October 15th, 2022, 10:13 AM

Dragon Ruler rolls all skulls baby! Dragon Ruler rolls all skulls baby! Dragon Ruler rolls all skulls baby! Dragon Ruler rolls all skulls baby! Dragon Ruler rolls all skulls baby! Dragon Ruler rolls all skulls baby!

We are working out the logistics but there should still be room to sell.
Sound system is planned.
I believe there was an equal distribution of the 5 glyphs that were used. You may have just hit a lot of maps with Wannok.
Old October 16th, 2022, 02:30 PM
My six-year-old sister-in-law calls the shots

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth

Have y'all considered adding C3V glyphs via glyphs of Brandar to add more diversity to the glyph pool?

Formerly known as capsocrates
--
Remixed Master Sets - challenge yourself with new terrain combinations!
--
Colorado Fall 2023 Multiplayer Madness
--
caps's Customs Redux - caps's multiplayer maps - caps's maps - Seagate

--
Continuing Classic Heroscape: C3V SoV
Old October 21st, 2022, 12:34 PM
was heroscaper2010. Now Beep, Beep, I'm a Sheep

Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by caps View Post
Have y'all considered adding C3V glyphs via glyphs of Brandar to add more diversity to the glyph pool?
I think this would be pretty confusing which Brandars on which maps are which alternate glyph.

That said, if physical copies of the C3V glyphs is the only issue, I would be willing to put some together and provide them to the ScapeCon committee @OEAO .
Old October 21st, 2022, 01:35 PM
Cooking Rice is Hard

OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheep View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by caps View Post
I think this would be pretty confusing which Brandars on which maps are which alternate glyph.

That said, if physical copies of the C3V glyphs is the only issue, I would be willing to put some together and provide them to the ScapeCon committee @OEAO .
Thanks! There's only 1 VC glyph that we're currently considering, so I think Brandars should be fine if we decide to use it.

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events > ScapeCon