Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards
Custom Units & Army Cards Fan-created HS army cards for units, glyphs, and equipment

Notices

Old July 22nd, 2022, 01:59 PM
Sir Formerly Known As adoney

Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth
Re: The Pre-SoV Workshop

just use Rygarn as precedent...but in reverse...

Quote:
SCRAMBLED COMMUNICATIONS 8
Before an opponent reveals a numbered marker on an Army Card in their army, you may roll the 20-sided die. If you roll an 8 or higher, choose an Army Card that has at least one figure they control within 6 spaces of Major F19. They must move that numbered Order Marker to the chosen Army Card and reveal it on that Army Card instead.

Sir Heroscape's Content
Customs, Maps, Battle Reports
YouTube Channel, Trade List,
'Scaper of the Month, Burnout Format
Tourney Record: 309 - 141
Online Record: 19 - 22
Old July 22nd, 2022, 02:21 PM
Frank Lloyd Wright of Scape

Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Heroscape View Post
just use Rygarn as precedent...but in reverse...

Quote:
SCRAMBLED COMMUNICATIONS 8
Before an opponent reveals a numbered marker on an Army Card in their army, you may roll the 20-sided die. If you roll an 8 or higher, choose an Army Card that has at least one figure they control within 6 spaces of Major F19. They must move that numbered Order Marker to the chosen Army Card and reveal it on that Army Card instead.
It's a good idea, and there was an iteration of the card that was very similar, but it felt like it helped screening armies too much - like rats/Raelin. Though your version has an important addition that my previous version didn't that limits his usefulness in setting up a screen, and that is that the card it's moved to must be within 6 spaces of F19 - encouraging him to develop up. So yeah, maybe that would work better. I'll chew on that a little. Thanks Sir H!

Maps | OHS Maps | Customs
"I think you're absolutely correct in your logic and reasoning and couldn't agree more." ~BiggaBullfrog

Old July 26th, 2022, 08:54 PM
Night of the Living Plastic

Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun

A few month's ago I received permission from @Pumpkin_King to work on, and submit his Jim Whitecloud custom.

Text version:
Spoiler Alert!

I have been able to find 30 on various non-ebay sites, and 40 on ebay. This does not count the 3 that I have already purchased, both for myself, and the Utah scene if it should pass the SoV.

The figure is a clearly a Cowboy, but also very clearly a Native American. I really like this theming, and so I've tried to incorporate it into the design. Heritage is the resulting ability. I've had a few discussions with other designers on how exactly heritage could work, and concluded that using Tribesman is the best solution. Scouts, as the Mohicans are classed, would open up too many non Native designs that shouldn't thematically be able to change his class. Hunters, as the Makwa are classed, have the same problem. There's also the option to specifically name the designs that can change him, but this prevents any new designs from ever affecting him, and I don't like that.

His stat line matches the other Cowboys, but I've debated giving him 6 move to make him stand out a bit, and as a nod to his Native roots.

The figure clearly has a Lasso, so I've made a weaker version of Chain Grab to highlight what I believe would be the differences between the two abilities. A chain would be easy to throw out from a run, and would wrap around people easier. A Lasso must be tied into a loop, thrown like a Frisbee, and you need a high accuracy because it must pass around the head of the target to be able to catch them. For these reasons I have added the no moving requirement, increased the required die roll, and adjusted the height restrictions.

With his Tomahwak Jim will be the highest single target damage Cowboy, and ties him with Brave Arrow. This makes him a nice Can Opener for the Cowboys, and an appealing option for the Mohicans. He's still in line with the power level of the Cowboys, being a higher single Target attack, but lacking either the number of attacks, or area damage of most of the other Cowboys, so there aren't any obvious places where he's clearly better than anyone. The Mohicans love another option beyond the Makwa Tribesman, but even there he doesn't outshine the Makwa Tribesmen due to number of attacks, and durability. Besides the Makwa Tribesman is the cheapest choice if you want the Mohicans to be able to bond with Jim in the first place.
Old July 26th, 2022, 09:43 PM
Sir Formerly Known As adoney

Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth

LOVE everything about this. Great job. Heritage is a perfect way to tie in the mini with the theme and not force the “two class problem”

Sir Heroscape's Content
Customs, Maps, Battle Reports
YouTube Channel, Trade List,
'Scaper of the Month, Burnout Format
Tourney Record: 309 - 141
Online Record: 19 - 22
Old July 26th, 2022, 10:40 PM
Will Ultimately Face the Evil Black Dragon

Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth

Heritage should specify that he has the class of Tribesman instead of what is printed on this card (unless you want him to have both classes).

Lasso 11 should say "the 20-sided die" instead of "the D20".

Tomahawk should say "dice" instead of "die."

Otherwise it looks great! These are just some changes to make it sound more official.

Old July 26th, 2022, 10:43 PM

Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Heroscape View Post
LOVE everything about this. Great job. Heritage is a perfect way to tie in the mini with the theme and not force the “two class problem”
Thank you.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taeblewalker View Post
Heritage should specify that he has the class of Tribesman instead of what is printed on this card (unless you want him to have both classes).

Lasso 11 should say "the 20-sided die" instead of "the D20".

Tomahawk should say "dice" instead of "die."

Otherwise it looks great! These are just some changes to make it sound more official.
Noted. I'll get these fixed when I submit.
Old July 26th, 2022, 11:16 PM
This is merely a joke.

superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth

If you want him to be splashable with MRT or Makwa, you could try this (note I've renamed the power too):

TRIBAL HERITAGE
If you have at least one Fearsome Human [optional: who follows Aquilla] in your army, Jim Whitecloud has the class of Tribesman instead of what is listed on this card.
Old July 26th, 2022, 11:34 PM

Grey Waves wears ripped pants of awesomeness Grey Waves wears ripped pants of awesomeness Grey Waves wears ripped pants of awesomeness Grey Waves wears ripped pants of awesomeness Grey Waves wears ripped pants of awesomeness Grey Waves wears ripped pants of awesomeness

@Leaf_It I think giving Jim Whitecloud 6 move instead of 5 is a really good idea. Not only would it make him stand out more from the other Lawmen, as you mentioned, but it also compliments the fact that he typically wants to get up close and personal to the enemy in order to make the most of Tomahawk. The extra move also would help him make better use of Lasso as well (there’ll be situations where the extra move allows you to put yourself in a better spot to threaten the opponent with it the following turn). Very solid unit otherwise.

“Just because I disagree with you, does not mean that I hate you. We need to relearn that in our society" - Morgan Freeman
Old July 27th, 2022, 12:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by superfrog View Post
If you want him to be splashable with MRT or Makwa, you could try this (note I've renamed the power too):

TRIBAL HERITAGE
If you have at least one Fearsome Human [optional: who follows Aquilla] in your army, Jim Whitecloud has the class of Tribesman instead of what is listed on this card.
I have never before realized that all of the native designs have a Fearsome Personality. I'm going to have to change Jim's personality. I might also use that version of Heritage. I'm not sure it makes sense to tie it to a personality. While there are currently no non-native figures with the Fearsome personality, nothing about being Fearsome is tied exclusively to being Native American. It is easy to conceive of a future design with that personality, that is also not a Native American.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grey Waves View Post
@Leaf_It I think giving Jim Whitecloud 6 move instead of 5 is a really good idea. Not only would it make him stand out more from the other Lawmen, as you mentioned, but it also compliments the fact that he typically wants to get up close and personal to the enemy in order to make the most of Tomahawk. The extra move also would help him make better use of Lasso as well (there’ll be situations where the extra move allows you to put yourself in a better spot to threaten the opponent with it the following turn). Very solid unit otherwise.
Yeah, I'm definitely considering 6 move, however all of the other Native American figures have 5 move, so I'm not sure how thematic it really is.
Old July 27th, 2022, 12:36 AM
This is merely a joke.

superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leaf_It View Post
Quote:

TRIBAL HERITAGE
I have never before realized that all of the native designs have a Fearsome Personality. I'm going to have to change Jim's personality. I might also use that version of Heritage. I'm not sure it makes sense to tie it to a personality. While there are currently no non-native figures with the Fearsome personality, nothing about being Fearsome is tied exclusively to being Native American. It is easy to conceive of a future design with that personality, that is also not a Native American.
Yeah I'm not sure my version is better, but I do think it's definitely workable. As far as other figures coming along that are Fearsome, I think having the specificity of Human and possibly Aquilla would stop that from being a problem. Who's going to design a non-Tribal Fearsome Aquilla Human?
Old July 27th, 2022, 02:20 AM
Online HS Season 12 Champ, But Still Three-N-Two

MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Who's going to design a non-Tribal Fearsome Aquilla Human?
Don't give @Dysole any ideas.
Old July 27th, 2022, 10:19 AM

Knox wears ripped pants of awesomeness Knox wears ripped pants of awesomeness Knox wears ripped pants of awesomeness Knox wears ripped pants of awesomeness Knox wears ripped pants of awesomeness Knox wears ripped pants of awesomeness Knox wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Tomahawk should be renamed Tomahawk 2 to keep with the Agent Carr precedent, i.e. Sword of Reckoning 4

Love this custom

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards