Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > C3V and SoV Customs
C3V and SoV Customs A place for C3V and SoV customs

Notices

Old March 19th, 2019, 09:41 AM
"our design team knows what it's doing"

NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth
Re: C3V/SoV Question Dump

Quote:
Originally Posted by flameslayer93 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pumpkin_King View Post
So it is!
Not for us plebs.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Astroking112 View Post
Quote:
Quote:
So it is!
Not for us plebs.
I often click that link without remembering that it's blocked for us.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leaf_It View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Astroking112 View Post
Quote:
Quote:
So it is!
Not for us plebs.
I often click that link without remembering that it's blocked for us.
Same...

Arena of the Valkyire - Help create Heroscape's next Master Set!
Trade List
C3V Brainstorm
never not funny
Pepperony - 14/09/13
Old March 24th, 2019, 04:45 PM

princiefuqua is surprisingly tart

What is the difference between a C3V figure design and an approved SOV design (marked with an red asterisk)? Are they equally accepted in the Heroscape cannon?
Old March 24th, 2019, 05:16 PM
Night of the Living Plastic

Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by princiefuqua View Post
What is the difference between a C3V figure design and an approved SOV design (marked with an red asterisk)? Are they equally accepted in the Heroscape cannon?
Yes, they are equally accepted.

The C3V is a group that privately created designs, and tests their own creations, only showing them once they are nearly complete, and ready to use. It was started by community leaders, and people who used to play test the official designs when Hasbro was creating Heroscape. It has since taken in others throughout the community, with the goal of continuing to expand the heroscape lore, and design space in an interesting and balanced way.

The SoV is a group of judges that work with the C3V. Anyone can take their own designs that they feel will improve the heroscape lore/game play/design space/etc, and submit them to these judges. If they see them to be well designed, and balanced, they will take that design, and review it privately with the C3V. If it passes this review, they will then test the design to see if there were any flaws they didn't immediately see, that will come out in play testing. These testing phases can include upwards of 50 hours of testing per design, per judge, and each judge generally has multiple designs to test at the same time, which usually need to be tested separately. After a judge have had time to play test a design, they will write a review, and state whether they feel the design is good enough to be passed into the SoV approved canon. If a majority approve the design, it gets reviewed one last time by the C3V and the SoV including judges that may not have been assigned to that design, and if it passes that review, it is added to the accepted pool of SoV/C3V approved designs.

We all wish Heroscape had not ended, and the C3V/SoV were the answer to that. They have been going for years, and have a lot of experience, and hold themselves to a high standard, which had lead to the majority of the community to feel a high level of respect for them.
Old March 24th, 2019, 05:45 PM

@Left_it thank you for clarifying this for me. I thought they were equally accepted.
Old March 24th, 2019, 07:30 PM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

Quote:
@Left_it thank you for clarifying this for me. I thought they were equally accepted.
They are equally accepted with each other, and at the great majority of tournaments around the country, they are also accepted equally with "official" units. Some tournaments, most notably at GenCon, don't. But most allow them.

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =
Old March 24th, 2019, 08:31 PM

Smile Re: C3V/SoV Question Dump

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dad_Scaper View Post
Quote:
They are equally accepted with each other, and at the great majority of tournaments around the country, they are also accepted equally with "official" units. Some tournaments, most notably at GenCon, don't. But most allow them.
Thank you for this additional information. We enjoy playing with C3V and SOV figures.
Old March 24th, 2019, 08:32 PM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

Excellent! That makes me very happy. Thank you for telling us.

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =
Old March 24th, 2019, 09:15 PM

Big Oldprankster is surprisingly tart

If the C3V and SoV figs are equally accepted and from the same group, then why differentiate between 2 different group names? It is a bit confusing when you look at the list of C3V figs and you see asterisks by certain figs. When you pull up the card for those figs, the initials SoV are on the edge of the card. This made me think that there is a difference between those figs and the ones without asterisks. Can you please explain this further?
Old March 24th, 2019, 09:20 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Oldprankster View Post
If the C3V and SoV figs are equally accepted and from the same group, then why differentiate between 2 different group names? It is a bit confusing when you look at the list of C3V figs and you see asterisks by certain figs. When you pull up the card for those figs, the initials SoV are on the edge of the card. This made me think that there is a difference between those figs and the ones without asterisks. Can you please explain this further?
While I don't disagree, the reason is essentially that they started out as two different groups and as part of the decision to work together, both wanted to retain their own identities.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old March 24th, 2019, 09:37 PM

Big Oldprankster is surprisingly tart

So actually all figs on the list (asterisk or not), are approved figures for a tournament as long as the tournament director(s) say C3V allowed? So I guess you could say that SoV figs are a subset within the heading of the C3V?
Old March 24th, 2019, 09:39 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Since I'm not currently active in either group, I'm going to have to defer to the experts on that question! Honestly, though, this seems like a question for your tournament director.

I'm no good at any of that stuff. I just play for fun.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old March 24th, 2019, 09:45 PM

Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun

You could use Valhalla Customs (VC) to refer to both C3V and SoV. Despite being separate groups, all of the units are designed to be used together, so it's doubtful that a tournament would only allow C3V units or only SoV ones.

I do agree that it could be a little clearer if the SoV entries didn't have the asterisk or the unique logo on their card, but that was part of the discussion between the people in charge of the projects at the time, and it's stuck since then.

If a tournament director only says that C3V units are allowed, you could probably ask really quickly if they're also including SoV ones to be 100% sure, although I don't see why they wouldn't be.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > C3V and SoV Customs