Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > C3V and SoV Customs
C3V and SoV Customs A place for C3V and SoV customs

Notices

Old November 21st, 2012, 10:57 AM
Thanksgiving Custom Contest Champion

Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth
Re: Soldiers of Valhalla - nominations and discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soundwarp SG-1 View Post
Not really, if you compare the Heroscape Wyrmlings to the ones from the SRD, you can see the Heroscape Wyrmlings' specials are clearly derived from the true Heroscape Dragons.
D&DScape wasn't based on 3rd Edition D&D, it was based on 4th. Dragons no longer had cones or lines with their breath weapons; those concepts do not exist in 4th ed. All of these dragons except the blue have close blast breath attacks, varying in the type of damage dealt (cold, fire, acid) and status effects they place on the targets. Heroscape has neither damage types nor status effects (or at least rarely), so they needed to do something to distinguish the different breath weapons. Making them act like their Heroscape counterparts is a good way to go. This works well since the Heroscape dragons had the same breath weapons as the D&D ones.
Old November 21st, 2012, 12:26 PM
A Jacquee in Disguise?

Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scytale View Post
Quote:
Not really, if you compare the Heroscape Wyrmlings to the ones from the SRD, you can see the Heroscape Wyrmlings' specials are clearly derived from the true Heroscape Dragons.
D&DScape wasn't based on 3rd Edition D&D, it was based on 4th. Dragons no longer had cones or lines with their breath weapons
Huh, didn't realize they took those out. But I stand by my statement; they still take more from the Heroscape Dragons than the D&D ones. Besides, D&D is all about making up your own game. There's nothing stopping someone from coming up with a group of Green Dragons that have lost their Breath Weapons but have compensated with Melee prowess in an actual game of D&D, why should Heroscape be any different?

My Repaints and Mods: Updated 1-13
My Custom Cards: Updated 4-15
My Custom Superheroes: Updated 1-13
My figure images for online games:
Alliance figures, Utgar figures
My Etsy Store
Old November 21st, 2012, 12:38 PM

Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Huh, didn't realize they took those out. But I stand by my statement; they still take more from the Heroscape Dragons than the D&D ones. Besides, D&D is all about making up your own game. There's nothing stopping someone from coming up with a group of Green Dragons that have lost their Breath Weapons but have compensated with Melee prowess in an actual game of D&D, why should Heroscape be any different?
Heroscape does have some oddballs in it like Drake and Valguard, but for the most part the game is built on archetypes. I wouldn't want to see a squad of Samurai using machine guns because that doesn't seem like Heroscape's vision of Samurai. Likewise, while I agree that your backstory about green dragons that lost their breath weapons is possible, that's not what I want to see for another wyrmling.
Old November 21st, 2012, 12:44 PM
My six-year-old sister-in-law calls the shots

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scytale View Post
Quote:
Heroscape does have some oddballs in it like Drake and Valguard, but for the most part the game is built on archetypes. I wouldn't want to see a squad of Samurai using machine guns because that doesn't seem like Heroscape's vision of Samurai. Likewise, while I agree that your backstory about green dragons that lost their breath weapons is possible, that's not what I want to see for another wyrmling.
Scytale, this totally doesn't fly for me. D&D by no means has the monopoly on what archetypes can be used for Heroscape.

Formerly known as capsocrates
--
Remixed Master Sets - challenge yourself with new terrain combinations!
--
Colorado Fall 2023 Multiplayer Madness
--
caps's Customs Redux - caps's multiplayer maps - caps's maps - Seagate

--
Continuing Classic Heroscape: C3V SoV
Old November 21st, 2012, 12:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by capsocrates View Post
Scytale, this totally doesn't fly for me. D&D by no means has the monopoly on what archetypes can be used for Heroscape.
I would argue that it should for units based on D&D creatures that come from D&D worlds.

But obviously this is a matter of personal taste. And of course here in the SoV we don't require unanimity.
Old November 22nd, 2012, 03:08 PM
Marcel Marceau

DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanieLoche View Post
Hello guys,

Has said a few days ago, here is my work about cards back, if SoV propositions has no informations for the card back. Image's size is the same that MSE High-res cards.

Nothing to say??
Old November 22nd, 2012, 03:24 PM
The Spartans of HS Tourneys

ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth

It looks good Daniel, but it is up to the current judges to make that call.

C3V Current Broadcast 4/29/2015
C3V Testimonial from " Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen"
MY MINIATURE COLLECTION -- NEW VALHALLA
Old November 22nd, 2012, 06:23 PM

Love it.
Old November 22nd, 2012, 11:05 PM

Super Bogue is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Super Bogue is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Super Bogue is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Super Bogue is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Super Bogue is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Super Bogue is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Super Bogue is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Super Bogue is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Super Bogue is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Thank you Daniel. We should use it.
Old November 23rd, 2012, 03:06 PM

Lyrgard is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Lyrgard is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Lyrgard is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Lyrgard is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Lyrgard is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Lyrgard is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Lyrgard is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Lyrgard is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Lyrgard is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

As for my two cents, I clearly more in favour of a baby charos than of a baby dragon mimicking D&D. You think at it as a D&D figure, I think at it as a figure from another game that I don't care to know what it is. I don't think the game of origin mattered for any of the custom that processed through SoV. Granted, D&D is special as Heroscape had D&D waves, but I don't see how it make it a necessity to make any figure used from D&D to mimick D&D powers it has.
Old November 28th, 2012, 10:31 PM

Super Bogue is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Super Bogue is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Super Bogue is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Super Bogue is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Super Bogue is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Super Bogue is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Super Bogue is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Super Bogue is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Super Bogue is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

The SoV judges have been discussing our approach to figure availability. We bounced around several ideas such as thresholds per unit type and other things. In the end this is what we have agreed on. Figure availability will only be checked when a unit is submitted. Availability will not be a requirement for an acceptance vote.
Old November 30th, 2012, 01:04 PM
Marcel Marceau

DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Bogue View Post
The SoV judges have been discussing our approach to figure availability. We bounced around several ideas such as thresholds per unit type and other things. In the end this is what we have agreed on. Figure availability will only be checked when a unit is submitted. Availability will not be a requirement for an acceptance vote.
Nice idea! This should stop all the questions about avaibility when a future submitter hesitates.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > C3V and SoV Customs