Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > Misc Customs Project Forum
Misc Customs Project Forum A subforum for all project based customs that generate numerous threads related to the same project.

Old December 30th, 2010, 12:10 AM
Nostradumbass

DrAwsm is surprisingly tart
Re: Project Pokemon Playtesting Thread: Paras and Gastly

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathDoom View Post
On freeze: should revealing an order marker on a Fire-type negate it?
I think that could work, but in the games, I believe Freeze only goes away if you use a Fire-type move. So, technically, only Fire-types could negate it anyway. I guess I wouldn't have a problem with a Fire-type's revealed OM negating it, but I think we should test it first.
Old December 30th, 2010, 12:43 AM
Heroscapers Project Extraordinaire

White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathDoom View Post
On freeze: should revealing an order marker on a Fire-type negate it?
The problem is that we decided not to reference types for classic Heroscape. Sgt. Drake doesn't care if Charmander is a fire type--it makes no difference in Classic Scape. Also, I don't want to add too many more words to the Status Effect.

Can we make it a Pokescape-only rule and just put it in the rulebook?

Right now Sleep and Freeze are different. For Sleep, you have a 50% chance of waking up before you take a turn. For Freeze, you have a 20% chance to unfreeze--and even then you don't get to move or attack on a turn that you remove the marker.
Old December 30th, 2010, 09:37 PM

White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by White Knight View Post
4 votes YES for passing Gastly at 50 points with 3 Defense. Any more Yes or No votes?
Per the voting rules, it's been over 24 hours and there are at least 3 more YES votes than NO.

GASTLY passes playtesting at 50 points and a defense of 3!

Gastly moves to Finalization.
Kangaskhan moves to playtesting!

By the way, I'll try to have some Paras playtest results up later tonight.
Old January 10th, 2011, 05:07 PM

Chardar wears ripped pants of awesomeness Chardar wears ripped pants of awesomeness Chardar wears ripped pants of awesomeness Chardar wears ripped pants of awesomeness Chardar wears ripped pants of awesomeness Chardar wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: Project Pokemon Playtesting Thread: Paras and Kangaskhan

Quick question about Kangaskhan. Is it double or single spaced? I'm pretty sure it's single but it's the biggest pokemon we've tested so far and I wanted to make sure.

Old January 10th, 2011, 05:43 PM
Saving the world - one lonely Marro at a time

mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth

I envision Kangaskhan being a single spaced figure. Bulbapedia lists the height at 7' 3". Taller than an a typical human but not so big to require a double-space base. IMO.

My Customs HoSS HoSS Sortable Index
Looking for the Codex?
My Trade List
Tourney Record: 2-11 I4031
Old January 10th, 2011, 06:05 PM

Chardar wears ripped pants of awesomeness Chardar wears ripped pants of awesomeness Chardar wears ripped pants of awesomeness Chardar wears ripped pants of awesomeness Chardar wears ripped pants of awesomeness Chardar wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Some preliminary Hero tests for Kangaskhan. I'll see if I can talk my sister into helping me finish the test, but right now I think these are pretty interesting.

All tests done on Goblin Canyon, which has become my default playtesting map.

Kangaskhan Hero Test 1

Kangaskhan vs. Fen Hydra

Round 1. Fen Hydra wins initiative and moves forward. Kangaskhan takes height and moves away from the Hydra. The Fen Hydra takes height in the center. Kangaskhan engages and attacks the Fen Hydra, but doesn’t inflict a wound. The Fen Hydra attacks and overwhelms Kangaskhan.

Fen Hydra wins with no wounds. I think the results of this test would have been far different if Kangaskhan had wounded the Fen Hydra first, so this doesn’t surprise me at all.

Kangaskhan Hero Test 2

Kangaskhan vs. Torin

Round 1. Kangaskhan wins initiative and moves forward. Torin moves forward. Kangaskhan takes height and attacks, inflicting three wounds. Torin attacks, inflicting three wounds. Kangaskhan attacks, defeating Torin.

Kangaskhan wins with 3 wounds. This test was much more even than the Fen Hydra one since they’re both support units with a punch.

Hero Test 3

Kangaskhan vs. Krug

Round 1. Krug wins initiative and moves forward. Kangaskhan takes height and moves away from Krug. Krug takes height in the center. Kangaskhan engages and uses Dizzy Punch, inflicting a wound but not confusing Krug. Krug attacks and inflicts two wounds. Krug attacks and defeats Kangaskhan.

Kurg wins with 3 wounds. Given that we have a lot of small Pokemon I think Kangaskhan will be a good unit in Pokescape, but he doesn’t seem to hold his own in classic.

I didn't think Dizzy Punch would get much use, but with a big hitter like Krug coming at you removing an OM looks pretty sweet. I definitely like Kangaskhan right now and am pretty excited to use him in an army test with the wrymlings. I think they'll benefit a lot from his extra defense die and can represent our pokescape special attackers quite nicely.

Old January 12th, 2011, 06:38 PM

PARAS PLAYTESTS -- HEROES

All tests done on my Unofficial Pallet Town Training Field:

2x Paras vs Drow Chainfighter (25 points)

Battle #1
Drow Chainfighter wins
Spoiler Alert!

Battle #2
Drow Chainfighter wins
Spoiler Alert!

2x Paras vs Air Elemental (30 points)

Battle #1
Paras win (2/2 Paras left)
Spoiler Alert!

Battle #2
Air Elemental wins
Spoiler Alert!

2x Paras vs Sahuagin Raider (25 points)

Battle #1
Spoiler Alert!

Battle #2
Spoiler Alert!

Battle #1
Spoiler Alert!

Battle #2
Air Elemental wins
Spoiler Alert!

2x Paras vs Black Wyrmling (30 points)

Battle #1
Paras win (1/2 Paras left)
Spoiler Alert!

Summary
Paras is terrible against the Drow Chainfighter. I'd played some matches against the Drow earlier and the Drow won probably 6 or more times before the Paras beat him.

On the other hand, Paras is pretty good against the Sahuagin Raider.

Against the Black Wyrmling and the Air Elemental it was more even (at 2 Paras to 1 of the Wyrmling or Elemental).

I'm thinking that Paras is about 15 points.

I'll do a few squad tests to verify.

Note: I changed Sleep Status Markers so that Sleeping figures don't get leaving engagement attacks, but it didn't come into play with heroes. I think it will be more usefull against squads.

Last edited by White Knight; January 26th, 2011 at 05:25 PM.
Old January 12th, 2011, 07:49 PM

After reviewing all of the tests I would feel comfortable passing Paras at 15. And to be fair, everything is good against the Sahuagin Raider.

Old January 16th, 2011, 03:50 PM

PARAS PLAYTESTS -- SQUADS
All tests done on my Unofficial Pallet Town Training Field:

3x Paras vs Deathreavers (40 points)

Deathreavers win (2/4 Deathreaves left)

Note: This was a long, drawn-out battle, with the Paras missing and the Deathreavers being Paralyzed and falling Asleep many times...
Spoiler Alert!

3x Paras vs Marrden Nagrubs (30 points)

Battle #1
Nagrubs win (2/3 Nagrubs left)

Spoiler Alert!

Battle #2
Paras win (2/3 Paras left)

Spoiler Alert!

3x Paras vs Venoc Vipers (40 points)

Battle #1
Paras win (2/3 Paras left)

(Note: I forgot to roll for Frenzy. The Vipers had 3 chances to Frenzy--Battle #1 has them missing all Frenzy rolls.)

Spoiler Alert!

Battle #2
Vipers win (2/3 Vipers left)

(Note: This is the same battle as #1 except that I went back and rolled all the Frenzy rolls.)

Spoiler Alert!

Battle #3
Vipers win (2/3 Vipers left)

Spoiler Alert!

Summary
Paras are worth maybe 10 points versus squads. Not worth 15 points versus any of the squads. Against the Vipers, they won because the Vipers rolled poorly for Frenzy but more importantly because the Vipers choose to let the Paras attack first. With their 7 move (to the Paras' 4 move) they should always be able to choose first attack.

Paras is a 10 to 15 point figure. I'd vote YES to pass Paras at either 10 or 15 points.

Last edited by White Knight; January 30th, 2011 at 10:28 AM.
Old January 24th, 2011, 10:26 AM

Added Parasect to the first page of this thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chardar View Post
After reviewing all of the tests I would feel comfortable passing Paras at 15. And to be fair, everything is good against the Sahuagin Raider.
Any more discussion on Paras?

I vote YES to passing Paras at 10 or 15 points.

Last edited by White Knight; January 24th, 2011 at 03:24 PM.
Old January 24th, 2011, 02:38 PM

Kroz knows what's in an order marker Kroz knows what's in an order marker

Looking at the tests I think he is a ten point figure.

Creator of Nowdays.
Old January 24th, 2011, 04:00 PM

NightSwipe knows what's in an order marker NightSwipe knows what's in an order marker

I vote YES to passing Paras at 10 or 15 points.

If pro is the opposite of con, is progress the opposite of congress?
America is the only place in the world where a pizza delivery guy gets to your house faster than an ambulance.
--NightSwipe--

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > Misc Customs Project Forum