Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion
HeroScape General Discussion General discussions of packaging, terrain, components, etc. If it doesn't fit in any other official category, put it here.

Old January 27th, 2010, 10:51 PM

Scott knows what's in an order marker Scott knows what's in an order marker
Heroscape Cake Ideas?

Got any good Heroscape cake ideas? My son's birthday in February is going to be a Heroscape party/sleepover. My wife is pretty proficient at making cool cakes, but she's looking for your ideas on making a killer Heroscape cake.

I've found these three cake threads, so no need to re-post those links. But if there are any others here I've missed or any that pictures of Heroscape cakes you haven't posted yet, please do so here!

And, of course, I'll post a few pics of the final product (not until March though). Thanks!

EDIT: Pictures from the three other cake threads:

Last edited by Scott; January 28th, 2010 at 07:43 AM.
Old January 27th, 2010, 11:42 PM

Re: Heroscape Cake Ideas?

Well, my wife went out and found more pictures than I did. So for those interested in the topic, here's what we've found so far:

Sonlen!

I think a really cool cake would a one-hex grass tile that is a perfect recreation with the brown sides, connecting edges, raised top, and surfacing.

Last edited by Scott; January 28th, 2010 at 07:41 AM.
Old January 28th, 2010, 03:45 AM

Manatee knows what's in an order marker Manatee knows what's in an order marker Manatee knows what's in an order marker

Good find!

That Sonlen cake is amazing.
Old January 28th, 2010, 07:32 AM
Creamed by Corn

GromBloodboy wears ripped pants of awesomeness GromBloodboy wears ripped pants of awesomeness GromBloodboy wears ripped pants of awesomeness GromBloodboy wears ripped pants of awesomeness GromBloodboy wears ripped pants of awesomeness GromBloodboy wears ripped pants of awesomeness GromBloodboy wears ripped pants of awesomeness

First question: How did it feel to be heating some very very close to a human head? (Inner Zombie Awakening).

Second Question: You guys play a game on that lower cake? That is one map that a Z-bomb would be quite effective.

Tourney Record:17-10 (08/02/11)
Old January 28th, 2010, 07:39 AM

Yet another pic:

Old January 28th, 2010, 08:48 AM
has been BANNED

Onacara is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa

Quote:
Originally Posted by GromBloodboy View Post
First question: How did it feel to be heating some very very close to a human head? (Inner Zombie Awakening).

Second Question: You guys play a game on that lower cake? That is one map that a Z-bomb would be quite effective.

3rd question: Did you read where he said he FOUND these examples here on Heroscapers and hasnt made one yet ?
Old January 28th, 2010, 09:40 AM

chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth

How about frosting layers with the different Generals' colors, or with the recipient's favorite General's color?
Old January 28th, 2010, 10:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chas View Post
How about frosting layers with the different Generals' colors, or with the recipient's favorite General's color?
Well, the birthday boy will be nine, and I don't think he has a favorite general. But I think the generals' colors/symbols would be cool. I'll pass that along!

Also, my wife discovered that she can use a lot of the terrain as chocolate molds, so we might see some of that too. Maybe as chocolate treats or as part of the cake, not sure right now.
Old January 28th, 2010, 12:25 PM

Toad Rocket wears ripped pants of awesomeness Toad Rocket wears ripped pants of awesomeness Toad Rocket wears ripped pants of awesomeness Toad Rocket wears ripped pants of awesomeness Toad Rocket wears ripped pants of awesomeness Toad Rocket wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by chas View Post
Well, the birthday boy will be nine, and I don't think he has a favorite general. But I think the generals' colors/symbols would be cool. I'll pass that along!

Also, my wife discovered that she can use a lot of the terrain as chocolate molds, so we might see some of that too. Maybe as chocolate treats or as part of the cake, not sure right now.
lol, thats pretty clever. Is there any concern of damaging the HS pieces? I suppose the sweet smell of cake radiating for your terrain and figures is not a bad thing.

"I wish my iPad would stop trying to autocorrect all the heroscape names for me."

Good Trades I have had.

Collection Guide for Recommended Quantities.
Old January 28th, 2010, 03:37 PM
Monster Manual Memorizer

Robotech Master has disabled reputation

You could do a white cake with a giant HeroScape logo made of yellow and black frosting...

...but instead of HeroScape is says Hero'scake.
Old January 28th, 2010, 03:52 PM

Killz is surprisingly tart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robotech Master View Post
You could do a white cake with a giant HeroScape logo made of yellow and black frosting...

...but instead of HeroScape is says Hero'scake.
HAHA, that is great. You could also try a Dund cake, that reads: Crippling Glaze!

Killz is kicking it as...

Ne-Gok-Sa, the original OG and stuff

in the
Perth Keep...
Old January 28th, 2010, 04:38 PM

The "Hero's Cake" is a great idea, but my wife doesn't think she could do the lettering/font justice.

There might be some risk of damage to the terrain from the chocolate molding, but I have a lot of terrain, so maybe not so big a deal. But we may do a trial run anyway.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion