Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy
C3G Legacy Archive of all the original discussions and workshops from the first stage of C3G.

Old May 5th, 2017, 09:47 PM
Self-Destructive Shellfish

L0B5T3R wears ripped pants of awesomeness L0B5T3R wears ripped pants of awesomeness L0B5T3R wears ripped pants of awesomeness L0B5T3R wears ripped pants of awesomeness L0B5T3R wears ripped pants of awesomeness L0B5T3R wears ripped pants of awesomeness L0B5T3R wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: Public Design Post

Dope! For Spidey-Sense 11 did you want?:
Quote:
SPIDEY-SENSES 11
If Spider-Man is attacked and at least 1 skull is rolled, roll the 20-sided die. Subtract 4 from the roll if the attacking figure is a Symbiote. If you roll 11 or higher, Spider-Man takes no damage and may immediately use his Web swing special power.
Old May 5th, 2017, 09:55 PM
Never Forgets

laughing matter rolls all skulls baby! laughing matter rolls all skulls baby! laughing matter rolls all skulls baby! laughing matter rolls all skulls baby! laughing matter rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by L0B5T3R View Post
Dope! For Spidey-Sense 11 did you want?:
Quote:
SPIDEY-SENSES 11
If Spider-Man is attacked and at least 1 skull is rolled, roll the 20-sided die. Subtract 4 from the roll if the attacking figure is a Symbiote. If you roll 11 or higher, Spider-Man takes no damage and may immediately use his Web swing special power.
You can't tell me what I meant!

But yes, I don't know how that happened, but I meant to put regular spidey-senses. It must have gotten messed up some time ago.

life's short, why not make an impact on the world? make some peoples lives better, have a few good laughs, and then when it's all over go out with BANG!
Old May 5th, 2017, 11:20 PM
Symbiotic

Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by laughing matter View Post
SUPERIORITY COMPLEX
Spider-Man may attack one additional time for each opponent's figure within 4 clear sight spaces, up to a maximum of 4 attacks. Roll 1 additional die when attacking and 1 fewer die when defending with Spider-Man for each figure he is engaged with.
Right, so the tricky thing here is that the number of opponents' figures within 4 clear sight spaces can vary between attacks as figures get destroyed or Angel moves them around or whatever, so it's not too clear how the power handles that situation. My first couple thoughts on how to resolve that are that you could either bypass that with a book-keeping clause that makes the number of attacks dependent on how many figures were there before he attacked, or you could do something that just lets him attack up to 4 times, but prevents him from attacking the same figure twice. The former is closer to the original mechanics, but the latter is a little cleaner mechanically and prevents him from boosting up his attack and mauling one figure.

You may also want a cap on the attack/defense modifier? Limiting it to +3/-3 keeps it from getting too crazy.

Love this power, though. Really nails the character in a cool way and just needs a couple little wrinkles smoothed out.
Old May 6th, 2017, 12:01 AM
Never Forgets

laughing matter rolls all skulls baby! laughing matter rolls all skulls baby! laughing matter rolls all skulls baby! laughing matter rolls all skulls baby! laughing matter rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronin View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by laughing matter View Post
SUPERIORITY COMPLEX
Spider-Man may attack one additional time for each opponent's figure within 4 clear sight spaces, up to a maximum of 4 attacks. Roll 1 additional die when attacking and 1 fewer die when defending with Spider-Man for each figure he is engaged with.
Right, so the tricky thing here is that the number of opponents' figures within 4 clear sight spaces can vary between attacks as figures get destroyed or Angel moves them around or whatever, so it's not too clear how the power handles that situation.
Yeah, as is, I don't know either.

Quote:
My first couple thoughts on how to resolve that are that you could either bypass that with a book-keeping clause that makes the number of attacks dependent on how many figures were there before he attacked,
This sounds good to me.

Quote:
or you could do something that just lets him attack up to 4 times, but prevents him from attacking the same figure twice. The former is closer to the original mechanics, but the latter is a little cleaner mechanically and prevents him from boosting up his attack and mauling one figure.
I kind of like the idea of him mauling one figure. If you read Superior Spider-Man, then you should remember what happened to Jester and Screwball. If you don't, look it up and immediately cringe. It was bad.

Quote:
You may also want a cap on the attack/defense modifier? Limiting it to +3/-3 keeps it from getting too crazy.
If we go with the version that lets him beat the crap out of one figure, then a cap is definitely needed.

Quote:
Love this power, though. Really nails the character in a cool way and just needs a couple little wrinkles smoothed out.
Thanks!

life's short, why not make an impact on the world? make some peoples lives better, have a few good laughs, and then when it's all over go out with BANG!
Old May 6th, 2017, 12:25 AM
Never Forgets

@Ronin What do you think of this?

Quote:
SUPERIORITY COMPLEX
Spider-Man may attack one additional time for each opponent's figure that was within 4 clear sight spaces of this figure before attacking with Spider-Man, up to a maximum of 4 attacks. Add 1 to his attack number, and subtract 1 from his defense number for each figure Spider-Man was engaged with at the beginning of the player's turn, to a maximum of 3.

Old May 6th, 2017, 12:30 AM
Never Forgets

Feel free to link to this post if you decide to nominate him. I'll be updating this one with any changes to the design as we make them.

NAME = SPIDER-MAN
SECRET IDENTITY = OTTO OCTAVIUS + PETER PARKER

SPECIES = MUTATE
UNIQUENESS = UNIQUE HERO
CLASS = CHARLATAN
PERSONALITY = ARROGANT

SIZE/HEIGHT = MEDIUM 5

LIFE = 5

MOVE = 6
RANGE = 4
ATTACK = 4
DEFENSE = 4

POINTS = ???

SPIDEY-SENSES 9
If Spider-Man is attacked and at least 1 skull is rolled, roll the 20-sided die. Subtract 4 from the roll if the attacking figure is a Symbiote. If you roll 9 or higher, Spider-Man takes no damage and may immediately use his Web Swing 2 special power.

SUPERIORITY COMPLEX
Spider-Man may attack one additional time for each opponent's figure that was within 4 clear sight spaces of this figure before attacking with Spider-Man, up to a maximum of 4 attacks. Add 1 to his attack number, and subtract 1 from his defense number for each figure Spider-Man was engaged with at the beginning of the player's turn, to a maximum of 3.

WEB SWING 2
Instead of his normal move, Spider-Man may use his Web Swing. Web Swing has a move of 2. When counting spaces for Spider-Man's Web Swing movement, ignore elevations. Spider-Man may swing over water without stopping, swing over figures without becoming engaged, and swing over obstacles such as ruins. Spider-Man may not Web Swing more than 40 levels up or down in a single Web Swing. If Spider-Man is engaged when he starts to Web Swing, he will not take any leaving engagement attacks. After using Web Swing 2, you may use it two additional times.

SUPER STRENGTH

Old May 6th, 2017, 07:55 AM
Symbiotic

Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death!

There is some extra theme in letting him freak out on one figure, but honestly, the Jesters and Screwballs of the world are going to be under pretty severe threat from one attack of 6-7, much less three or four of those attacks. With being able to just hammer one figure, I worry that he's going to be making Thor and Captain Marvel look like Jester and Screwball, you know? The only thing I immediately have to compare him to is the Fists of Fury figures, and I've seen them do some serious damage. Otto gets his multi-attacks guaranteed, so a whiff won't even stop him if he gets himself into position to attack.

Also, I'd take the book-keeping bit out of the attack/defense boost and let that part adjust dynamically. If feels a little more thematic to me that way, and it's a little much to have two separate clauses like that in one power.
Old May 6th, 2017, 10:51 AM
Never Forgets

Quote:
There is some extra theme in letting him freak out on one figure, but honestly, the Jesters and Screwballs of the world are going to be under pretty severe threat from one attack of 6-7, much less three or four of those attacks. With being able to just hammer one figure, I worry that he's going to be making Thor and Captain Marvel look like Jester and Screwball, you know? The only thing I immediately have to compare him to is the Fists of Fury figures, and I've seen them do some serious damage. Otto gets his multi-attacks guaranteed, so a whiff won't even stop him if he gets himself into position to attack.

Also, I'd take the book-keeping bit out of the attack/defense boost and let that part adjust dynamically. If feels a little more thematic to me that way, and it's a little much to have two separate clauses like that in one power.
True. What do you think that would look like, in terms of wording?

Old May 6th, 2017, 11:13 AM
Never CoN a CoN man

johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth

Yeah, I really love Superiority Complex when we hashed it out way long ago - extra attack, less defense.

But the multi-attack part doesn't really gel with that. I'd almost want to spin it out and make it a Special Attack, so that it doesn't stack with the bonus, if we have room for it.
Old May 6th, 2017, 11:29 AM
Symbiotic

I could see spinning the multi-attack out so that it doesn't interfere with Superiority Complex, balance-wise. Superiority Complex and a pretty basic SA would both be short, so we may be able to get away with it.
Old May 6th, 2017, 04:23 PM
Self-Destructive Shellfish

L0B5T3R wears ripped pants of awesomeness L0B5T3R wears ripped pants of awesomeness L0B5T3R wears ripped pants of awesomeness L0B5T3R wears ripped pants of awesomeness L0B5T3R wears ripped pants of awesomeness L0B5T3R wears ripped pants of awesomeness L0B5T3R wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Anyone got any wording advise for Irrational World? It doesn't seem to give clear enough directions. It's simply supposed to mean take you turns backwards starting with Order Marker 3.
Madcap
Spoiler Alert!
Old May 7th, 2017, 09:07 PM
Never Forgets

Quote:
I could see spinning the multi-attack out so that it doesn't interfere with Superiority Complex, balance-wise. Superiority Complex and a pretty basic SA would both be short, so we may be able to get away with it.
Maybe something like this?

ARACHNID ASSAULT SPECIAL ATTACK
Range 4. Attack 4.
Spider-Man may attack one additional time with this special attack for each opponent's figure within 4 clear sight spaces of Spider-Man, up to a maximum of 4 attacks.

SUPERIORITY COMPLEX
Roll 1 additional die when attacking and 1 fewer die when defending with Spider-Man for each figure he is engaged with.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy