Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Maps & Scenarios
Maps & Scenarios Battlegrounds and scenarios

Old February 21st, 2010, 03:28 PM
now with 100% more AWESOME

mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun
Alternate Scenarios for Competitive Play

I always enjoy reading about alternate tournament formats that introduce something unique to the game. Most of the ones that I've read, though, are variations on kill-em-all, with rules for army construction or placement. I've been wondering lately if some alternate scenarios might encourage use of different figures than the tried and true, scenarios where you'd need a scalpel and not a sledgehammer. For example, what if there were scenarios that scored points not based on the number of units remaining in your army when you win, but the number remaining in your opponent's? Would that throw a wrench into the metagame? Could Agent Carr regain his mojo? Here are some examples that I'm playing around with:

Assassin:
Both players start the game with one Brandar's Chest treasure glyph that they assign to one unique or uncommon hero in their army. If, at any time, the hero carrying the Brandar's Chest glyph is destroyed, the opposing player immediately wins and scores points corresponding to the enemy units remaining on the battlefield.

Capture the Flag:
Both players start the game with one Brandar's Chest treasure glyph placed power side up on any hex in their start zone, including hexes occupied by figures. If, at any time, one figure holds both Brandar's Chest glyphs, the player who controls that figure immediately wins the game and scores points corresponding to the enemy units remaining on the battlefield. If a player eliminates all enemy units without having uncontested control of the glyphs, that player wins the game but scores zero points. If all hero units are eliminated from the battle, continue play until one player eliminates all of the opposing units. That player wins the game but scores zero points.

Hold the Line:
Place three Glyphs of Brandar on the battlefield. A figure has uncontested control of the glyph if it occupies the hex and is not engaged with an opponent's figure. If, at the end of any round, one player has uncontested control of all three Glyphs, that player immediately wins the game and scores points corresponding to the enemy units remaining on the battlefield. If a player eliminates all enemy units without having uncontested control of the glyphs, that player wins the game but scores zero points.
Old February 17th, 2020, 10:29 AM
worthless thread clother plotting in his secret island lair

kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: Alternate Scenarios for Competitive Play

Well met!

Stumbled upon this thread during a search. I like the formats you propose. In order to "encourage use of different figures," I suggest creating scenarios with pre-built armies, i.e., armies included in the scenarios.

Last edited by kolakoski; February 17th, 2020 at 10:51 AM.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Maps & Scenarios