Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Arena of the Planeswalkers: MtG > AotP General Discussion
AotP General Discussion General discussions of packaging, terrain, components, etc. If it doesn't fit in any other official category, put it here.

Notices

Old July 11th, 2017, 07:05 PM
On vacation...

Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Question How Much Do I Want?

Hey everybody, I'm thinking of buying some of this, in part to actually see what it is, but mostly for HeroScape conversion (of course). How much what sets should I get? It looks like a lot of the figures would make common squads in conversion, or maybe a bunch of unique squads wouldn't be a bad thing?

Thanks!

Repaints My Maps Online Maps Customs
Q3C Custom Contests
How can you tell which kid at the playground is going to grow up to be a trombone player?
Spoiler Alert!
CoN is FuN
Old July 11th, 2017, 07:35 PM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!
Re: How Much Do I Want?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Goomonkey View Post
Hey everybody, I'm thinking of buying some of this, in part to actually see what it is, but mostly for HeroScape conversion (of course). How much what sets should I get? It looks like a lot of the figures would make common squads in conversion, or maybe a bunch of unique squads wouldn't be a bad thing?

Thanks!
Is there a picture or a link your referring too? Now I'm curious.

Check out my ebay where you can find my custom dice trays and dicetowers:
https://www.ebay.com/usr/captainamazing_jerdo
Old July 11th, 2017, 07:55 PM
Watch out - he's a meme drunk!

Mr Migraine is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mr Migraine is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mr Migraine is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mr Migraine is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mr Migraine is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mr Migraine is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mr Migraine is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mr Migraine is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mr Migraine is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by TREX View Post
Quote:

Thanks!
I think "this" just means AotP in general.
Old July 11th, 2017, 08:00 PM
On vacation...

Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Migraine View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by TREX View Post
Quote:

Thanks!
I think "this" just means AotP in general.
That is correct. Generally it looks like there is just one squad's worth of figures for each squad in each set.

Q3C Custom Contests
How can you tell which kid at the playground is going to grow up to be a trombone player?
Spoiler Alert!
CoN is FuN
Old July 11th, 2017, 08:20 PM

obfuscatedhippo has disabled reputation

I think one of each is just fine - unless you plan to convert Unique Squads into Commons.

If you have a little extra budget - I think 2 of Innistrad would be a recommendation for the terrain (the Cryptoliths are just cool).
Old July 11th, 2017, 09:30 PM
On vacation...

Thanks! I'll probably read up a little more to actually see how everything works and if I want more than one of any set. The Cryptoliths do look pretty sweet.

Q3C Custom Contests
Spoiler Alert!
CoN is FuN
Old July 11th, 2017, 09:47 PM
On vacation...

Hmm... It looks like there are commons in this game, but looking through the books I don't see any... Am I simply missing them, or have none been released?

Q3C Custom Contests
Spoiler Alert!
CoN is FuN
Old July 11th, 2017, 09:52 PM

CJofCourse knows what's in an order marker CJofCourse knows what's in an order marker

There are no official commons, they were going to make them and chickened out. unless you want lot's of terrain, runes, extra minis, and/or are planning to house rule in commons, you only need one of each really.

-------------------------
Join our HeroScape discord! https://discord.gg/DXRaqvn
Talk about everything heroscape, or just hang out!
Old July 11th, 2017, 09:54 PM
On vacation...

Sounds good. I'll probably just get one of each for now... Then I'll want more than 3 Cryptoliths and get more.

Q3C Custom Contests
Spoiler Alert!
CoN is FuN
Old July 12th, 2017, 09:11 AM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

I bought two of everything and my friend has one of each.

That is enough to pre-build an army for every Planeswalker and a couple extra Ruiner builds as each color has three PW's.
Old July 12th, 2017, 09:30 AM
Friendly Neighborhood Librarian

wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth

With all 3 sets, this becomes a very complete, very tight game. The cardboard boards actually make set up super quick and it is easy to throw some tiles on them to make the maps more interesting. With 12 Planes walkers and 5 units per color you have a good diversity.

There is something to be said for limited options.

wriggz's custom Figures, Terrain and Glyphs
Old July 12th, 2017, 09:50 AM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

We started with standard 600 point armies but figured after awhile we may play around with different point totals to allow for new builds and maybe play around with the point and count limit on spell cards.

We will roll a d12 to randomly assign an army and in time rebuild any that feel too strong or too weak.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Arena of the Planeswalkers: MtG > AotP General Discussion