Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion
HeroScape General Discussion General discussions of packaging, terrain, components, etc. If it doesn't fit in any other official category, put it here.

Old October 17th, 2006, 08:25 AM

RobWeaver has disabled reputation
Playing Heroscape on Other Maps or Boards?

Not sure where to put this topic. I played a series of games Sunday on a flat map with squares rather than hexes. That was intentional since the main form of terrain was a town. Lots of right angles suggested square spaces to accomodate them. A couple house rules were necessary to bridge the gap, but since I've played Heroquest forever, it wasn't hard to conceptualize. What a great and different gaming experience! Since height is so significant on a Heroscape board, it was interesting to play all on the same level. With all the angles, LOS became much more important, and difficult to establish.
Does anyone else transport the game-play system to other maps/boards? What has your experience been?
Old October 21st, 2006, 11:55 AM

KeeperOfPeace is surprisingly tart
I am completely amazed nobody has posted in this thread yet!

I have not, but it is an interesting idea certainly. I have been thinking about different ways to play games and you just found one!

It sounds like a lot of fun.

Old October 21st, 2006, 12:15 PM

toddrew has disabled reputation
We've gone the other way - using minis from other systems on HS, and typically choosing to make customs out of the other minis to completely adapt them to HS.

I am looking forward to making battlelore customs out of some HS figures though...

And you can see her
Before it cracks and goes out
She throws rocks at streetlights
Keeps the streetlight changer busy

Floundering Customs Thread
Old October 21st, 2006, 12:21 PM

Pattar007 has disabled reputation
Never have. Never will. Period

Old October 21st, 2006, 04:26 PM

django is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
I was messing around with mechwarrior on heroscape terrain and it was fine you just had to move halfspaces.

Ądn sʇɐɥʍ
Old October 21st, 2006, 05:06 PM

CornPuff knows what's in an order marker CornPuff knows what's in an order marker
Here's a thread about the idea:
http://www.heroscapers.com/community...ead.php?t=2271

hehe, not everyone likes the idea, but I'm a fan. When you want to change the tone of the game, say from folling hills to urban combat, it makes sense to change the tile system.

Make sure to see the 'offset squares', as I feel they are a very good compromise for most situations.

The problem, of course, with using another tileset is that you don't get the benefit of the aweseome premolded, interlocking hex terrain.

Sudema is top notch in Heroscape: Legacy. Try out this alternative unit cost system at your next game day or tournament.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion