Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > AotV Customs
AotV Customs A place for Arena of the Valkyrie Customs

Notices

Old March 4th, 2021, 11:59 AM

Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: AOTV General Discussion

They should be imo because scenarios will rely not only on the concrete identity of the units to be meaningful in any way (that's how they struck me in every master set) and they may benefit from mechanics being established.
Old March 4th, 2021, 02:41 PM
This is merely a joke.

superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth

I can reassign OPs as needed.
Old March 4th, 2021, 03:09 PM

Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tornado View Post
In order to do scenarios, pretty much all the designs need to be finished first correct?
I agree for specific scenarios (such as a scenario where Ozuul is always in one army, or one where we want to balance an asynchronous game), but I think that there's valuable space in setting up some basic suggested maps and beginning the process now. I could be overestimating how much time it'll take to design maps and scenarios, though; a big part of the appeal IMO is that it would make playing games immediately viable for newer players and increase the ease of access here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiftrex View Post
They should be imo because scenarios will rely not only on the concrete identity of the units to be meaningful in any way (that's how they struck me in every master set) and they may benefit from mechanics being established.
I agree to a certain extent (certainly scenarios such as Migol's Tomb where one player controlled Mimring on top of the cave and the others had an uneasy alliance to attack him don't make a lot of sense for us right now, but I'd like to include at least one similar scenario in the future). I'd argue that there is some room for general maps such as the ones designed in @lefton4ya 's map-building contest mixing AotP boards with general HS terrain. I do think that doing some general scenario groundwork such as the Toxic Mist idea from RotV would be fine, since these scenarios should ideally be fun with most figures in the game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by superfrog View Post
Perfect, thanks for the clarification! Now we need to decide who should take over AYP's threads. I see that he controls the Pod 1 Main Thread, along with the threads for Dienekes, Ukushisa Pride, Pyria, and Velkhor. So pretty much all of Pod 1 right now.

@Scytale , you're the remaining Pod Leader for Pod 1. Let us know what you'd prefer to do here; if you don't want to maintain those OPs yourself, then I can volunteer to update them as needed (though I'm not a member of Pod 1, so I would limit any updates to what you guys decide on, of course).
Old March 4th, 2021, 03:14 PM
Thanksgiving Custom Contest Champion

Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Astroking112 View Post
@Scytale , you're the remaining Pod Leader for Pod 1. Let us know what you'd prefer to do here; if you don't want to maintain those OPs yourself, then I can volunteer to update them as needed (though I'm not a member of Pod 1, so I would limit any updates to what you guys decide on, of course).
Oy, now I'm a sole pod leader? Not sure how I ended up in a pod in the first place. I can maintain the OPs; that's easy work.
Old March 4th, 2021, 03:37 PM

Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun

Yeah, you and AYP were the leaders voted in for Pod 1 back in May 2019. For all of the post-Pod 0 teams, we try to have two Pod Leaders and five public volunteers to ensure that a good number of people are involved and collaborating for the designs. We can look at replacing AYP if you want more another leader involved, but I think that most of the design process for Pod 1 is pretty much done already, so I'm fine with leaving things as they are if you're content with that.

Glad to hear that you're good with maintaining those OPs! @superfrog , the links in Post #87 are all of the ones that need to be updated, I believe.
Old March 4th, 2021, 03:42 PM
Thanksgiving Custom Contest Champion

Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Astroking112 View Post
We can look at replacing AYP if you want more another leader involved, but I think that most of the design process for Pod 1 is pretty much done already, so I'm fine with leaving things as they are if you're content with that.
We're better off leaving things as-is, I think, this late in the process.
Old March 4th, 2021, 03:44 PM

I fully agree.
Old March 4th, 2021, 07:41 PM
A Happy Extradimensional Horror

Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death!

Hopefully, this late in design, there won't be that much work left to do.
Old March 5th, 2021, 05:33 PM
I could go

flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun

Getting ideas for maps down will be important, even if we don't start thinking about scenarios until much later.

Right now here's what I'd like to see:

6 AotP only maps. With 10 cardboard flats (and stacking them creatively), I'm confident we can get 6 distinct battlefields. Probably 2 scenarios per map. A campaign would be a really cool way to tell the story of our master set.

2 AotP + RotV maps. RotV is likely to be the first MS new players will get, and this would give them a whole mess of battlefields to play on! 2 Scenarios per map also makes sense here.

1 map per terrain set, likely with 2 scenarios for SotM and BtfU. We can get away with 1 scenario for each of the other terrain sets (and marvel), since those don't include sheer variety of hexes like the master sets.

That is a lot of maps and scenarios, but we do have a lot of talented map designers rooting for us, and a campaign would make it easier to design this number of scenarios.

For those concerned about PDF length (if anyone ), its good to note that RotV used to have a seperate booklet for its maps and scenarios. Doing the same would be well within reason.

My customs.
NE Ohio Tourney - TBA
SW Ohio Tourney - NHSD 550 points
AotV - Colliding the minis of AotP with the world of HS.
Old March 5th, 2021, 06:52 PM

6 AotV-only maps sounds like a fine number to me, especially with 2 scenarios per map. If we include a campaign, then I'd want it to be a bonus on top of those, though that might just be my personal preferences speaking.

I'm almost inclined to say that we should do 3 RotV + AotV maps, given that it's probably going to give us the most flexibility for map design, but I'm okay with cutting ourselves off at 2 for now. It's also possible that we could have a handful of scenarios released after the main project, similar to what Hasbro did with the online scenarios.

I'm fine with just having one scenario/map per the other terrain expansions (it could be nice to see two for the Swarm of the Marro set since that's the next biggest, but the lack of good line-of-sight blockers is a significant downside there IMO).

I'd be okay with skipping out on Marvel for the main set if we need to, since the Warehouse Ruin doesn't exactly mesh very well aesthetically and the other terrain sets are a better value proposition for classic fans given that the Marvel Heroes will probably wreck hero-heavy armies like we'd expect in our box. If we were skipping out on it for now, though, I'd definitely want to design something for it as a later release, just to ensure that we have as many options as possible for newer players.

I like the idea of splitting the rules from the scenarios. That makes each document easier to reference, and the downside of having to juggle two booklets is less prominent when working with digital PDFs.
Old March 5th, 2021, 07:56 PM
I could go

flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun

If we can find inspiration for more maps for different sets, I say more power to 'em!

My customs.
NE Ohio Tourney - TBA
SW Ohio Tourney - NHSD 550 points
AotV - Colliding the minis of AotP with the world of HS.
Old March 5th, 2021, 11:23 PM
This is merely a joke.

superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by superfrog View Post
The new OP owner has to post in the thread for me to reassign. A tag each time would help as well

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > AotV Customs