Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > Heroes of Star Wars Scape > Battlefields of Star Wars Scape
Battlefields of Star Wars Scape HoSS Maps and Scenarios

Notices

Old March 1st, 2017, 01:32 PM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!
Re: BoSS Battlefront - Brainstorming Phase

Alright, this has stagnated a bit, I was thinking about this and some wonderful ideas popped into my head to keep this format simple yet thematic, and well fun of course.

HERE GOES

Quote:
BOSS BATTLEFRONT

-Place Glyphs according to map descriptions.
-Each Player Drafts Army point totals of even value.
-Game play is designed for 1-2 players or 1-2 teams.
-Startzones are according to mapd descriptions. All figures start in start zone spaces unless specified on their army card.
-Use Control markers from PDF.(Incoming Shortly) Basically a Imperial or Rebel symbol marker that sits on top of the glyph.
Glyph Control Point Rules
-Glyph Effect
At end of each round for every glyph held by your team, the enemy team must take a wound. Each team cancels out enemy glyphs held with their own. The remainder is then awarded to the player holding more glyphs wounding the opponent that number of times.(much like wannok without rolling the 20)
-Capturing Control points
At the end of a Round, if a friendly figure is occupying a glyph, that glyph is now controlled by that player/team. Until that glyph has been occupied by an enemy figure it is under your control. Place a control marker on that glyph.

-Losing Control Points
If an enemy Figure ends its movement on a glyph under your control, you must remove your control marker on that glyph and it returns to being a neutral glyph. This does not make the glyph an enemy glyph. It just takes control away from the previous player/team that controlled it.
This version was meant to capture the old battlefront way of playing the game while keeping it simple. The more control points you gain and keep the more wounds at the end of the round your opponent takes. Battlefront is essentially an area control game. Thoughts welcome, as I like this version better than any so far.

Check out my ebay where you can find my custom dice trays and dicetowers:
https://www.ebay.com/usr/captainamazing_jerdo
Old March 1st, 2017, 01:55 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

Pretty interesting. I think it could work. Although I kind of feel like that type of game would work best on some fairly large maps, that way the control points can be spread out over a bigger area and their can be 5+ of them. Not really an issue with the rules, just the need for different maps.

I always really liked the Bespin and Kamino maps in the video games. Landing pads connected by narrow bridges. You could make some similar heroscape maps without needing a ton of sets but would end up pretty spread out. They just would have lots of 'empty' space. I can see what I can work up to show an example.
Old March 1st, 2017, 05:16 PM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!

@Yodaking , the maps could have anywhere from 3 to 5 control glyphs on them. Particularly we place one right at the mouth of both start zones and the others in strategic positions on the map. I am currently working on both the Battle of Mustafar, and the Battle of Mygeeto. I will put the glyphs in position to be used for Battle front on there. The only thing it does not cover is the way to spawn figures onto the zones(like when you die and respawn) but that should not be an issue because your reinforcements are in your startzone and can come out and play.

Old March 1st, 2017, 05:29 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

We could always add a rule stating that at the beginning of each round, before initiative is rolled, each side can move up to X common squad figures in their start zone adj. to any capture glyph they control. It would allow you to play with some larger armies that can rapidly deploy to the front lines as the game wears on.
Old March 1st, 2017, 08:41 PM
"like" happy

Here goes. Its the what if game. What if the figures in the start zone are engaged. Ok. Maybe specify unengaged figures in the SZ.

Old March 2nd, 2017, 05:29 PM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yodaking View Post
Pretty interesting. I think it could work. Although I kind of feel like that type of game would work best on some fairly large maps, that way the control points can be spread out over a bigger area and their can be 5+ of them. Not really an issue with the rules, just the need for different maps.

I always really liked the Bespin and Kamino maps in the video games. Landing pads connected by narrow bridges. You could make some similar heroscape maps without needing a ton of sets but would end up pretty spread out. They just would have lots of 'empty' space. I can see what I can work up to show an example.

A cloud can change its semblance, yet retain its will
With the intimacy of destruction, One knows what it is to be alive
The empty sky holds no reflection, for sorrow
- Eslo Rudkey
Old March 2nd, 2017, 06:40 PM
A Man of Taste

japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yodaking View Post
We could always add a rule stating that at the beginning of each round, before initiative is rolled, each side can move up to X common squad figures in their start zone adj. to any capture glyph they control. It would allow you to play with some larger armies that can rapidly deploy to the front lines as the game wears on.
This may be the solution to the respawning argument to stop the run away winner issue. No more figures on the board than what you start with just the ability to pop up at a spawn point.

We had been thinking of just starting with 1/2. 1/3 or whatever of your army on the board and at the end of each round you put reserves adjacent to a control point you control.

Would I want it to be everything I love...sure...but that's just not realistic so I'm going to focus on finding things that will make me unhappy and work on fixing those.
Old March 2nd, 2017, 09:43 PM
C3G Landlord

I did mess around with the VS and a larger map with smaller battle zones connected together like I was talking about is doable, it just doesn't look like anything since I used a RotV master set. It was spread out such that it would take a few turns just moving and it was also pretty flat since I couldn't decide if the control points should get HG or the area attacking the control points should get HG. In the end I wasn't all that thrilled with it. I then started messing around with the Marvel set but it just doesn't have enough tiles to do much with on it's own. I also tried out a smaller map idea using just the SotM and just 3 control points, I can see how that would work out just as well. So really it just comes down to what kind of battle you want to have.

Just thinking about the concept in general here and I expect the result would be a heavy focus on squads. You would want the 3+ figures moving that squads provide in order to claim or contest as many control points as you can at once. Heroes would still have a role to play as they could sit on a control point and hold it better than a squad figure could, and some might be pretty good at leading an assault on an opponents control point. But squads should be the bread and butter as you can't afford to just go after one control point while your opponent captures two uncontested. This is a good thing here since Battlefront is all about the rank and file troops with just a few hero appearances. The ability to 'teleport' your reserves up to the control points you hold should make for a pretty fast paced game. I almost wonder if the start zones shouldn't be larger than the standard 24 spaces. Or maybe lost squad figures are returned to your start zone instead of being eliminated from play. Then the game ends after a set time or event with the winner determined by who help the most control points throughout the game.
Old March 2nd, 2017, 11:21 PM
guy who got blown up over Yavin, The

Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth

Really like this idea TREX.
Old March 2nd, 2017, 11:34 PM
"like" happy

I just got to thinking simple is better. I did the same with my skirmish assault. If you overthink it, it just becomes complicated and doesnt work. Id like to test out both just using the points above and also use the move up ability yodaking had.

Old March 13th, 2017, 10:31 AM
"like" happy

After I rally the BOSS members if any, I want to add the BOSS Battlefront format into the section in the archives where we can put maps for that specifically in there or alternate versions of maps with the glyph locations for it.

Old March 13th, 2017, 12:35 PM
C3G Landlord

Sounds like a good plan. Perhaps japes, tornado, or anyone else that has been interested in this concept would like to become BoSS members just to help out with this aspect of it? Testing the rules and glyph placement for the Battlefront system on maps developed by themselves or others.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > Heroes of Star Wars Scape > Battlefields of Star Wars Scape