Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events > National Heroscape Day
National Heroscape Day Events listing and discussion about National Heroscape day.

Old September 1st, 2012, 11:02 PM

Longy418 rolls all skulls baby! Longy418 rolls all skulls baby! Longy418 rolls all skulls baby! Longy418 rolls all skulls baby! Longy418 rolls all skulls baby!
Portland/Vancouver NHSD 2012

The event will be held Saturday Oct. 20th at Dice Age Games in Vancouver.

Date: Sat. Oct. 20th

Time: 1:00 pm- 8:45ish pm
Set up and Registration starting at noon.

Vancouver, Wa 98661.

Format: Bring a pool of 1000pts worth of army cards/units. For each game played you make up your army, appropriately costed, from your own 1000pts worth of army cards/units. Other than Game 1 all games will use the standard 24 hex start zone. Also, Games 1 and 2 will have 1 1/2hr time limit, while games 3-5 will have a 1hr time limit. For all battles, after seeing the other 1,000pt armies, you will have 5 minutes to "silently" build your army.

Game 1: Team event "Kill 'em all"- Pair up with a comrade of your choice and destroy your opponents. Each player can use up to 400pts in the army for a team total up to 800pts. The combined team may use no more than 24 start zones and the same unique hero may not be used more than once by a team.

Game 2: 4 player "King of the Hill"- Use up to a 600pt army to stake a claim at a designated area(s) on the map. At the end of a round each figure occupying a space will be awarded points, common get 1 pt, unique squads and uncommons get 2 pts, and unique hero's get 3 pts. Highest point total to lowest point total decides final place.

Game 3: 1 vs 1 "General Wars"- Use up to a 450pt army where all army cards in your army are from the same general. You must use at least 3 different cards; ie. Major Q9, Krav, and Laglor with filler. Multiple same squads will count as only 1 card; ie. 3 squads of KoW and Sir Gilbert would only constitute 2 cards.

Game 4: 1 vs 1 "Heat of the Battle"- Use up to a 550pt army to destroy your opponent.
Players take turns placing a card’s worth of units, unengaged, on an empty space. Squad figures must be placed adjacent to other friendly squad figures just placed. Battle begins after all units have been placed. Additional information: Players will roll the D20 to see who places their first card's worth of units. The D20 roll winner can defer, if they choose. The player who places units second will have initiative for the first round.

Game 5: 1 vs 1 "kill 'em all"- Use up to a 500pt army to destroy your opponent.

Maps (let us know if there are any you would like to see)
Map for the Team game and 4 person King of the Wellsprings
Wellspring of the Forgotten Forest

3 person King of Wellspring Map (If needed)
Tainted Wellspring

General Wars, Kill 'em all and Heat of Battle Maps.
Steaming Bridge

Snow Covered Passes

Sirocco

Burial Marsh

Fulcrum

Quasatch Playground

Sidewinder

Cage Match

Ruins of Ticalla

Mt Thaelink's Saddle

If you can't take the heat...

Breach

Arctic Divide

Hot Heights

Smolder (not linked as minor tweaks will be made)

Shattered

Parched (not linked as minor tweaks will be made)

Scoring
Team game, Heat of Battle, General Wars, and Kill 'em all- if you completely destroy your opponent you receive 4pts. If you win by points you receive 3 pts. If you lose by points you receive 2 pts. If you are completely destroyed you receive 1 pt. King of the Hill- Highest point getter gets 4pts, next highest 3pts, next 2pts, and lowest receives 1pt.

Misc.
Figures: Released C3V and approved SOV will be allowed on the conditions that the customs are reasonable enough and the bases fit ladders and are in close proximity to heroscape bases. If C3V or SOV uses a peanut base, a peanut base shall be used. No marvel or other customs.

Glyphs: Permanent; Lodin, Crevcor, Proftaka, Ulaniva, Astrid, Dagmar, Gerda.

Treasure; Talisman of defense, Heroic Rune, Cloak of invisibility, Belt of giant strength, Ring of protection, Whetsone of venom, Brooch of shielding, Elixir of speed.

Glyph penalty: There will be no penalty on the treasure glyphs.

Glyph rules: A hero cannot carry more than 1 treasure/brandar glyph at a time. Once a glyph of Brandar or Brandar's Chest glyph is returned to your or your teammates start zone, it is removed from the game. There will be no penalty for attempting to pick up a treasure glyph.

Prizes: Please bring a heroscape pack, or heroscape related prize (Custom figure, custom terrain, t-shirt, storage device, anything you think that is related) valued at least at $10. I will put our tournament in for support. Dice Age Games no longer has any heroscape available for purchase.

Bonus
The glyph of Brandar can be carried by any hero figure. It can only be lost by that hero being destroyed and is placed on the space that figure occupied before being destroyed. Any time a hero figure returns a glyph of Brandar to their own (or teammates) start zone the player gets to keep the glyph for the remainder of the day. The person who has the most glyph's of Brandar at the end of the day will receive Their choice of a ROTV set or a Lava set.

Sportsmanship
Two people will be chosen who display the best sportmanship. One will receive a $20 gift certificate to Auggies. The other will receive a $20 gift certificate to Dice Age Games. Please bring your best manners.

Prizes for the PNW: Will update when we confirm with Northerners. Northwest Championship. Here is a link to the Seattle event for those that can attend both.

Confirmed Attendees: (25 + 3 ?'s)
Longy418+1
ROADRAGE +1
Nomad
Huskies16
William099
Robbdaman
quozl +1
obfuscatedhippo
Karat +1
Master of Disaster +1
Dysole(?)
Toogwick tuk(?)
Heroscapeguy
White Q Knight
Chrischappel24 +5
Bahde +1 (not attending)
Lord Nyax +1

Food accommodations: Food is allowed in the store, and there are several fast food places (at least 3 within walking distance) and several more places to eat close by. If anyone wants to contribute to a pizza fund, bring a few dollars.

NORTHWEST CHAMPIONSHIP:
Finishing in the top at your local NHSD tournament is impressive, finishing tops in multiple NHSD tournaments and states is even more impressive. See if someone can unseat White Q Knight and ROADRAGE, who tied for last year's title.

Anyone interested in carpooling to the Seattle event can contact me. The more the merrier.

More info to come and some changes may occur.

Last edited by Longy418; October 19th, 2012 at 08:18 PM. Reason: Updated map pics
Old September 1st, 2012, 11:11 PM

Toogwick_tuk wears ripped pants of awesomeness Toogwick_tuk wears ripped pants of awesomeness Toogwick_tuk wears ripped pants of awesomeness Toogwick_tuk wears ripped pants of awesomeness Toogwick_tuk wears ripped pants of awesomeness Toogwick_tuk wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: Portland/Vancouver NHSD 2012

Looks good. I haven't received my schedule for sport meets nor do I know if I have anything planned for those weekends. The 3rd weekend would be the day before my birthday, which is pretty cool. Sort of an early birthday present.
Old September 3rd, 2012, 06:47 PM

Nomad wears ripped pants of awesomeness Nomad wears ripped pants of awesomeness Nomad wears ripped pants of awesomeness Nomad wears ripped pants of awesomeness Nomad wears ripped pants of awesomeness Nomad wears ripped pants of awesomeness Nomad wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Sign us up!

Or is it too early?
Old September 17th, 2012, 11:32 PM

Longy418 rolls all skulls baby! Longy418 rolls all skulls baby! Longy418 rolls all skulls baby! Longy418 rolls all skulls baby! Longy418 rolls all skulls baby!

The Seattle group was not able to secure a location to hold their event in Oct., so it looks like we will most likely move our event up. Roadrage and I are trying to expediate things.
Old September 22nd, 2012, 02:30 AM

ROADRAGE is surprisingly tart

We'll try to get all the details ironed out this weekend for NHSD, everybody be ready for a way cool tournament in October!

Tourney record 99-20 headsup(23 tourneys)10-4 team (3 tourneys)0-1-2 ffa
25 master sets,4+ of every terrain exp.,every hero and 3+ of every common. Playing since 2007.
Old September 22nd, 2012, 03:05 AM
Sally Struthers' other brother

robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun

Count me in for sure! I'll have to dig through stuff and figure out what to play it's been a bit.

C3V and SoV! Fanscape r0xxorz!!
Old September 22nd, 2012, 03:11 AM

obfuscatedhippo has disabled reputation

Sorry that the Seattle location has been a challenge, and thanks for moving up your date.

I plan to make the journey south again this year, and I will post once Seattle has more solid plans.

*Lord Kai
Old September 25th, 2012, 01:13 PM

OP has been updated with this years information. Let us know if you have any concerns/suggestions. Look forward to heroscaping with you all in less than a month.
Old September 25th, 2012, 05:02 PM
PuppetMaster & #2 Ranked CoNner

Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
We'll See...

I'll put the time in off for work and chat with my pals. I'll keep you updated.

~Dysole, who'd like another fun little tournament
Old September 25th, 2012, 06:07 PM
the above

William099 wears ripped pants of awesomeness William099 wears ripped pants of awesomeness William099 wears ripped pants of awesomeness William099 wears ripped pants of awesomeness William099 wears ripped pants of awesomeness William099 wears ripped pants of awesomeness William099 wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I'm in. I'll go make the Facebook group invite for my buddies now... so is bringing just 10 dollars cash still a suitable option or should I hunt something down?

Customs here
Master Set IV/Assault in the Mournlands.
William099 is Lord of Blades...
in THE FRACTAL COMPLEX
Old September 25th, 2012, 06:54 PM

Nomad wears ripped pants of awesomeness Nomad wears ripped pants of awesomeness Nomad wears ripped pants of awesomeness Nomad wears ripped pants of awesomeness Nomad wears ripped pants of awesomeness Nomad wears ripped pants of awesomeness Nomad wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Count me in for sure! Probably Huskies16 as well since his soccer game isn't until Sunday.

Great format and excellent descriptions - this should be fun! Tons to think about when putting together a 1000 point army from which to select from.

Thank you Longy!
Old September 26th, 2012, 12:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by William099 View Post
I'm in. I'll go make the Facebook group invite for my buddies now... so is bringing just 10 dollars cash still a suitable option or should I hunt something down?
$10 is definitely an option- for everyone that brings cash we are planning on having $10 worth of gift certificates at Auggies.

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events > National Heroscape Day