Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games
Other Games Board, Card, Video, etc.

Old July 20th, 2011, 08:26 PM
Ninja Dust

Airsoft

I guess this is where I should put this. Does anyone of you play airoft. I am just starting to get into it and I need some tips on what guns I should buy and where I should buy them online. So post back or pm me.

Last edited by Ninja Dust; July 20th, 2011 at 08:31 PM.
Old August 13th, 2011, 04:21 AM

Archer of the Void Woo who?
Re: Airsoft

I am a Airsoft Player, the type of weapon really depends on your price range and play style, if you are a "up close and personal" I would go with a MP5, M4 is most common, a G36, SCAR L, ect, the more you spend the better the gun, a Systema M4 is around $1500 - $1800, but thats a lot to spend, Systema does not make the only good M4s, there is ICS and thats around $400- $500, KWA, and others like Tokyo Marui, Classic Army, G&P about the same, and then the low quality (still ok for beginners) JG, G&G, ECHO 1, and they are normally around $200 - $400, but there are a lot of Gun varieties, like Snipers such as the BAR 10, L96, M28, and then DMRs, like the SR-25, M14, M14 EBR, supports gun like the L85A2, M60, M249, and heavy guns like the M200, Vulcan Mini gun ($3000) M107, M82, M99, ect, so just look around read up on what's better, and you will find the right gun eventually
Old August 13th, 2011, 07:42 PM

Andyman is back has disabled reputation

Tell me the price range and what country you live in and i find you best gun

Wants you to be in Final Fanatsy XIII-300,989,364
Old September 11th, 2011, 09:14 AM

RichardD has disabled reputation

Ah, the old "what is the best gun?" topic. Used to crop up at least once a week on the two airsoft boards I read back when I used to be a regular player.

These days, I'm too old, fat and busy to play airsoft. That, and being rather fond of my front teeth.

Q - "Are you one of those people who does The Times crossword puzzle in 10 minutes?"

A - "I have NEVER taken 10 minutes!"

Old September 13th, 2011, 03:40 PM

RichardD has disabled reputation

The answer to the question is largely "it depends", by the way. From model to model, the performance is pretty much the same (expensive Systemas aside). Ignore garbage about MP5s only being good for close range and M16s being the only decent long-range weapon; although barrel length plays a part, the physical size of the gun dictates what's good for CQB and what should be left outdoors.

In fact ergonomics - what feels good to carry and use - ought to be your main concern. I generally toted a Tokyo Marui P90, with a few modifications (it mounted a genuine Eotech sight and a good silencer, was stuffed full of sound deadening insulation and foam, a 328FPS spring and a few other tricks). It was small enough for me to carry in complete comfort, but the quietness of the mechanisms' operations were somewhat counterbalanced by my curses and slaps delivered to the perennially miss-feeding high capacity magazines (magazines come in a variety of capacities; most guns' hi-cap mags need winding every 30-50 shots; the P90 is almost unique in that it has a "wind once" magazine, but the darned things jam constantly). The mags are also a nuisance in that they are longer than any other magazine, and need a more carefully thought-out carrying solution.

Oh yeah, if you get into airsoft the gun is only the START of the expensive bits you'll buy. Magazines to last in a fierce battle (6-; maybe lo-capacity mags for "military simulation" games (more realistic frequency of mag changes; less "spray and pray"); spare batteries, sights, slings etc. And a rig (or two) to carry everything on (the improved Ranger Assault Carry Kit was my favourite). And yes, I dabbled with more than one gun (a sniper rifle; a G36K - with a set of German army webbing and pouches; An F2000 - so more magazines and ANOTHER set of carrying kit; pistols, grenades and all sorts of other garbage).

It's all not sitting in my garage unused. Just too many other callings on my time for the last few years. Perhaps I ought to see what still works and drag myself out to one of the organised venues that I used to frequent.

Q - "Are you one of those people who does The Times crossword puzzle in 10 minutes?"

A - "I have NEVER taken 10 minutes!"

Old October 1st, 2011, 10:18 PM

Hsskor is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa

Glad to see some other airsofters on here!
If you are just starting out in airsoft, then buy a JG.
And for places to buy, I would buy from Airsoftgi, or Evike.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games