Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > Misc Customs Project Forum
Misc Customs Project Forum A subforum for all project based customs that generate numerous threads related to the same project.

Old August 2nd, 2010, 10:36 PM
Saving the world - one lonely Marro at a time

mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth
Re: TrekScape - Prime Directives - Rules Thread

I thought Felindar was going to be gone for a couple days. Obviously someone has hacked into his Heroscaper's account and uploaded that disturbing photo. I know Felindar would never do such a thing.

My Customs HoSS HoSS Sortable Index
Looking for the Codex?
My Trade List
Tourney Record: 2-11 I4031
Old August 3rd, 2010, 09:02 AM
Business Casual

SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth

And in MY thread on top of that.

I know that I do not know.
C3G INDEX - SSE 92 - JSA GENERATIONS
Old August 15th, 2010, 01:07 AM
Business Casual

SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth

Now that GenCon is in the rearview mirror, maybe we can get this thread active and back on track.

Transporter -

As a Glyph
1) figure on Glyph could transport self immediately - similar to C3G's Boom Tube
2) figure on Glyph could transport self on 20-sided die roll (distance based on roll, some wound possibility?)
3) figure on Glyph could transport X others within Y spaces of Glyph each Z spaces based on 20-sided die roll.

I think any Engineer modification of the 20-sided die roll would have to be specified on the Engineer's card, a la Darrak Ambershard, since the Glyphs themselves don't give any roll modifications to specific species, classes, or personalities.

As a Transporter Pad destructible object
1) it would need a designated "control" hex, similar to the Fortress Door, or at least an indication on the pad which adjacent hex is the control hex
2) high defense and life (maybe 7 - one for each hex, with maximum number of transportees limited to the number of remaining lives). If the pad has 4 wounds, only 3 figures can be transported, for example.

If we go this route, it has to be easy to customize, because we don't want people avoiding using it because it's too complicated to make.

The ability to transport multiple figures is really powerful unless the distance is limited. On the flip side, if you clump together to use the transporter, you're more vulnerable to area attacks.

Old August 15th, 2010, 11:06 AM

wulfhunter667 rolls all skulls baby! wulfhunter667 rolls all skulls baby! wulfhunter667 rolls all skulls baby! wulfhunter667 rolls all skulls baby! wulfhunter667 rolls all skulls baby!

As far as the Transporter Pad is concerned, I am in favor of the DO option. For this, I see a papercraft 7-space pad with 6 pads to it with a control panel beside it. I had originally thought, "Well, why the heck do we need a 7-space pad? All the fig would get killed." And then I thought, "You know what, that would be an excellent scenario." The idea behind it would be simple. Gain control of the Transporter Pad, get all your figs on the Pad and beam out as the victory condition for the scenario. The pad could also be used in various other scenarios to a means of getting figs across the battlefield. Or even a scenario where multiple battlefields get set up and the objective is to Transport figs from one battlefield to the other to do something and Transport back. First one to successfully go to the other battlefield, complete the objective and beam back wins. Just some spitballed ideas to get the ball rolling here.
Old August 15th, 2010, 12:22 PM
Business Casual

I don't know of any reason why we couldn't design both the glyph and the DO. We'd probably want to specify that you couldn't use both on the same battlefield.

Imagine taking a turn with your hero who bonds with Engineer on the DO pad who transports the hero to the Transporter Glyph who moves further to attack an opponent ridiculously far away.

Old August 15th, 2010, 12:34 PM

Felindar knows what's in an order marker Felindar knows what's in an order marker Felindar knows what's in an order marker

I vote for both. I would recomend a general rule that the Big Room sised pad only be used for inside / shipboard battles. In the Origional Series. They did not do intra ship beaming. They said it was too difficult. Why it was harder to beam to another part of a ship that you have micromeatered design specs than to an alien planet, from orbit, I wll never know. But they did not Beam around in a ship. Just a factoid.

Pete

God makes us strong for a little while so we can defend the weak.
DnD Customs
Comics Customs
Custom Terain
TREKSCAPE
Old August 29th, 2010, 05:33 PM
Business Casual

Not much activity in the past two weeks. Let's just focus on the Glyph aspect for now. Vote for your preference as to how a Transporter Glyph should work:

A -- the figure on the Glyph could transport self immediately - similar to C3G's Boom Tube

B -- the figure on the Glyph could transport self on 20-sided die roll (distance based on roll, some wound possibility?)

C -- the figure on the Glyph could transport X others (possibly only figures adjacent to each other) within Y spaces of the Glyph each Z spaces based on 20-sided die roll

D -- other, please specify

Last edited by SirGalahad; August 29th, 2010 at 06:25 PM.
Old August 29th, 2010, 05:51 PM

pjnormandin knows what's in an order marker pjnormandin knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirGalahad View Post
Guess I tried to ask too much in one post. *OUCH* . Let's just focus on the Glyph aspect for now. Vote for your preference as to how a Transporter Glyph should work:

A -- the figure on the Glyph could transport self immediately - similar to C3G's Boom Tube

B -- the figure on the Glyph could transport self on 20-sided die roll (distance based on roll, some wound possibility?)

C -- the figure on the Glyph could transport X others (possibly only figures adjacent to each other) within Y spaces of the Glyph each Z spaces based on 20-sided die roll

D -- other, please specify
I like option C. Are X Y and Z all going to based on twenty-sided die rolls?
That is too much twenty-sider rolling. If it was like 3 people maximum within 4 spaces being transported 8 spaces, that would be cool. X Y and Z is too much higher math for me.
Old August 29th, 2010, 06:12 PM
Business Casual

Re: TrekScape - Prime Directives - VOTE for Transporter

The X, Y and Z would be static numbers and not determined by the 20-sided die. Right now the letters are just place holders so we can discuss how many, from how far away, and to how far away.

No higher math involved.

And I wasn't trying to offend anyone. It's just been two weeks without much in the way of input.

Last edited by SirGalahad; August 30th, 2010 at 02:20 AM.
Old August 29th, 2010, 06:21 PM

pjnormandin knows what's in an order marker pjnormandin knows what's in an order marker

Good, math is not my friend. The numbers should be boostable if the glyph holder is an "engineer" class character. (Geordi or Scotty or Chief O'Brien, etc.)
Old August 29th, 2010, 10:03 PM
Saving the world - one lonely Marro at a time

mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth

For the glyph, I'd prefer Option B with a 20-sided die roll that would include the possibility of wounding on a low roll. Engineers would get a boost to their roll to eliminate (or at least minimize) the chance of injury.

Something like this:
Roll 1-3 - No transport and figure receives a wound.
Roll 4-17 - May transport up to 10 spaces away
Roll 18-20 - May transport up to 15 spaces away

Engineers may add 2 (or 3) to their roll.

Or we could just use this formula:
Spoiler Alert!

My Customs HoSS HoSS Sortable Index
Looking for the Codex?
My Trade List
Tourney Record: 2-11 I4031
Old August 30th, 2010, 02:20 AM
Business Casual

Quote:
Originally Posted by mac122 View Post
Spoiler Alert!
Yea for calculus!!!

Simpler Math:

1 B
1 C

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > Misc Customs Project Forum