Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units
Official Units Discussion of official HeroScape units

Notices

Old July 6th, 2007, 02:25 PM
Raconteur Extraordinaire

Firemaster rolls all skulls baby! Firemaster rolls all skulls baby! Firemaster rolls all skulls baby! Firemaster rolls all skulls baby! Firemaster rolls all skulls baby! Firemaster rolls all skulls baby!
The Book of Rechets of Bogdan

The Book of Rechets of Bogdan
Fields of Valor - Collection 7 - "Vampire and Fiends"

If you cannot see the Army Card graphic, check Hasbro's Unit Page for stats and special powers, plus "character biography" and other non-game unit info.

Character Bio:The menacing Rechets of Bogdan weren’t brought to Valhalla by any summoning of Utgar’s. These creatures respond to the summoning magic of Iskra Esenwein, who uses dark undead magic to open a portal that allows as many as three Rechets to claw their way into the Valhalla dimension. Once summoned, the Rechets are under control of Iskra Esenwein, and attack any foe Iskra wishes to defeat.

The Rechets of Bogdan made a sinister pact with the family of Esenwein many centuries ago. In that ancient time, the Rechets were almost entirely wiped out by expert elves seeking revenge for the damage they did to their forests. For protection from the elfin hunters of Feylund, the race of Rechets agreed to appear when magically summoned by the Esenwein.

Rechets are winged undead fiends with a terrifying presence that strikes fear in the hearts of prey. The Rechets deliver a stinging attack so venomous it almost always brings instant death, no matter the victim. Their massive talons and teeth make the creatures lethal in a claw-to-hand melee.
(Hasbro)

though the Rechets of Bogdan have not yet been Summoned?

Yes, you can place it on any unique army card, yours or your opponents, on the battlefield, or not. This includes the
    Airborne Elite before they drop as well as the Retchets. (Hasbro FAQ)

- BEFORE "SUMMONING THE RECHETS" : Placing Order Markers on the Army Card BEFORE the Rechets are Summoned
    Can an order marker be placed onto a card that has not been activated?
    By activated you mean placed on the board right? The answer is yes, you can place an order marker on a figure that is not
    on the board, either because they are destroyed, or not called yet. HOWEVER. You do not get to use any of the special
    powers on that Army Card if the order marker is turned over and they are not on the board. (Hasbro FAQ)

Synergy Benefits Recieved
  • - ISKRA ESENWEIN : Summoning of the Rechets of Bogdan
    The Rechets of Bogdan must be summoned by Iskra Esenwein before they can be used.
    *NOTE: See the Book of Iskra Esenwein to see the proper application of this power.

- DUMUTEF GUARD : Devourer Attack Enhancement
    As devourers, Rechets of Bogdan may benefit from Dumutef Guard’s DEVOURER ATTACK ENHANCMENT.

Synergy Benefits Offered
  • - N/A
C3V and SoV Custom Synergies
Spoiler Alert!

Power Ranking and Master Index
  • Quote:
    Originally Posted by spider_poison
    Rechets of Bogdan-Like the Airborne Elite before them, the Rechets of Bogdan add to the shock value troops in the game. Unfortunately, their lack of consistency is exponentially greater. C+

Unit Strategy Review

Last edited by R˙chean; April 11th, 2015 at 05:43 PM. Reason: VC synergy added
Old July 6th, 2007, 03:21 PM

gamjuven wears ripped pants of awesomeness gamjuven wears ripped pants of awesomeness gamjuven wears ripped pants of awesomeness gamjuven wears ripped pants of awesomeness gamjuven wears ripped pants of awesomeness gamjuven wears ripped pants of awesomeness gamjuven wears ripped pants of awesomeness
These seem like a paper powerhouse unit to me, meaning they are good on paper, but fail to deliver during gameplay. requiring a 12+ to play is a little rough, although still kinda interesting. They get to deploy within 6 of iskra, which allows for some major advancement, plus they get a turn right off the bat, which serves as a kind of bonding. Their lethal sting is awesome and can auto-kill small and medium heroes with ease. My problem with them is after they are summoned:

Theya re a unique squad so if they lose someone they aren't very good. After the turn they are summoned they have no bonding, which leaves you with a 3/3 unit (although with a cool attack ability), they will fear all attacks. With a whole order marker on them having a risk of 1 of them dying makes the unit almost worthless. They fly 6 which is very nice, but it s still only 6, not 7, and not stealth flying.

I wish they had some kind of drain life ability, or a regenerate ability that allows them to roll a d20 for each one dead and on a 15+, a rachet comes back to life. I just don't see these guys doing very well

Their sculpts are amazing though and htey have a great cool factor about them.
Old July 6th, 2007, 03:28 PM

GForce3062 has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by gamjuven
These seem like a paper powerhouse unit to me, meaning they are good on paper, but fail to deliver during gameplay. requiring a 12+ to play is a little rough, although still kinda interesting. They get to deploy within 6 of iskra, which allows for some major advancement, plus they get a turn right off the bat, which serves as a kind of bonding. Their lethal sting is awesome and can auto-kill small and medium heroes with ease. My problem with them is after they are summoned:

Theya re a unique squad so if they lose someone they aren't very good. After the turn they are summoned they have no bonding, which leaves you with a 3/3 unit (although with a cool attack ability), they will fear all attacks. With a whole order marker on them having a risk of 1 of them dying makes the unit almost worthless. They fly 6 which is very nice, but it s still only 6, not 7, and not stealth flying.

I wish they had some kind of drain life ability, or a regenerate ability that allows them to roll a d20 for each one dead and on a 15+, a rachet comes back to life. I just don't see these guys doing very well

Their sculpts are amazing though and htey have a great cool factor about them.
But since they're 50 points, it's not that bad if you lose one. I think these guys are awesome, but the thing about them is you have to have the girl who summons them(who's name I forgot) and she's 45, so that's 95 right off the bat. But I can deal with that because they'll probably definately kill their points worth because of 'Lethal Sting'. I'm really looking forward to using these demons.
Old July 6th, 2007, 03:34 PM

gamjuven wears ripped pants of awesomeness gamjuven wears ripped pants of awesomeness gamjuven wears ripped pants of awesomeness gamjuven wears ripped pants of awesomeness gamjuven wears ripped pants of awesomeness gamjuven wears ripped pants of awesomeness gamjuven wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Well actualyl the girl who uses them is 50 pts. Cyprien's wife is the one who is 45 pts. I am looking forward to using htem I just don't see them going too far in the world of heroscape. I guess you'd have to use tehm as shock troops. Send them in to attack as quickly as possible and get themseles kille.d They stand a decent chance of earnign their pts, especailly if they can kill a hero. Their ability is much better than maul.

Can u imagine the fun if they were a common unit or if they could bond all the time? (drool)
Old July 6th, 2007, 03:35 PM
Emeritus Admin

Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Quote:
Originally Posted by GForce3062

But since they're 50 points, it's not that bad if you lose one.
I like that price as well.
They should be a ton of fun to have out there on the field.
Just the idea that they could pop in at any time puts a nice scare on an opponent and his order marker deciscions.

Could Lethal Sting be the Castle Door answer?
Or am I missing something about the Door conditions...
Old July 6th, 2007, 03:38 PM

Sorry, lethal sting doesn't work agaisnt the castle door. Lethal sting only works against small or medium figures, not large and inanimate doors
Old July 6th, 2007, 03:42 PM

GForce3062 has disabled reputation
And since they're Devourers, when they're summoned you can place them adjacent to a Dumatef Guard to get four attack.
Old July 6th, 2007, 03:42 PM
Emeritus Admin

Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Quote:
Sorry, lethal sting doesn't work agaisnt the castle door. Lethal sting only works against small or medium figures, not large and inanimate doors
There's no size on the door, but it's also not a figure and 'cannot be targeted or attacked by special powers that may “destroy” it in one attack.'
Old July 6th, 2007, 03:52 PM
Site Admin

netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver1327
Yes it said only small or medium figures but in the castle rulebook it states the door is not effected by any special abilities that relate to height. Right?
But I don't think the door counts as a figure. I know I wouldn't allow them to destroy the door. Seems like too much of a stretch even if it were true that they could use their special against it.
It doesn't work against the door, because it does more than just cause wounds. The door can only be attacked or targeted or affected by special abilities/attacks if they only cause wounds.
Old July 6th, 2007, 03:57 PM
regurgitation cynic

Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness
I think they're a little too awkward, more of a really special attack for Iskra than anything else. The biggest problem I have with them is that Iskra doesn't get any sort of bonding with them. At the start of a round, how do you place markers? You can't do 1 Iskra 2/3 Rechets because you've lost an entire round if she fails. 3 Iskra will help ensure they go out, but you don't really get to use them then. Really, without some kind of Rechet bonding on Iskra, I see these guys as one of those units like Morsbane where all the time you waste trying to get their special to work would be better spent using other units.
Old July 6th, 2007, 03:58 PM

ricksta2232 is surprisingly tart
I'd treat them as vipers... They are ten more points, and actually get defense. Plus they have specials...

Why the heck not?

As someone else said, the obvious addition to a worst army without their summoning key.
Old July 6th, 2007, 04:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eclipse
I think they're a little too awkward, more of a really special attack for Iskra than anything else. The biggest problem I have with them is that Iskra doesn't get any sort of bonding with them. At the start of a round, how do you place markers? You can't do 1 Iskra 2/3 Rechets because you've lost an entire round if she fails. 3 Iskra will help ensure they go out, but you don't really get to use them then. Really, without some kind of Rechet bonding on Iskra, I see these guys as one of those units like Morsbane where all the time you waste trying to get their special to work would be better spent using other units.
Ooooo that's a very good point. Placing order markers is nigh impossible with these 2 units. Wow, their ranking in my mind went really far down. She can easily fail her roll too cause its a 12+. Most likely u'd need the order markers on her to make sure they drop, but then of course when they drop u most likely won't get any turns with them. I guess that's why they get a turn right after they drop, cause the designers found that they get killed too easily. Plus with all those turns on iskra trying to get them to drop she could die very easily, wasting ur points on the rachets.

So now it's 50 pts for a squad that gets one turn (if they drop at all) at earning back their pts. Ouch, Not gonna use these guys very much. I still like iskra tho

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units