Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Competitive Armies Discussion
Competitive Armies Discussion Discuss, critique, and build ideas for tournament-caliber armies.

Notices

Old June 5th, 2008, 02:13 PM

jedilou knows what's in an order marker jedilou knows what's in an order marker jedilou knows what's in an order marker
Re: Zelrig - what's your army idea?

Aldin,

I really like that army. I think you're spot on in saying that the units cover up each other's weaknesses.

A bit more range might be nice but you can't have it all, right?

My only other concern is that mid-battle, when the knights have lots of enemy units tied up, it may be hard to use Majestic Fires to great effect.
Old June 5th, 2008, 03:05 PM
so CUTE when he's bitter

Heroscape Elffy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscape Elffy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscape Elffy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscape Elffy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscape Elffy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscape Elffy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscape Elffy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscape Elffy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscape Elffy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

I like my army. It would be
Zelrig
Wo-Sa-Ga
Kravs
Nagrubs x3
Total:510 (next tourney.)
Old June 5th, 2008, 05:45 PM
Under Taro's Banner

S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Zelrig 185
Sgt. Drake (SOTM) 355
10th Regiment of Foot x2 505

Zelrig shuld take care of squads, Drake the heroes and the 10th for versatility.
Old June 11th, 2008, 02:39 AM
Keeping Marcu in check

Zealot knows what's in an order marker Zealot knows what's in an order marker Zealot knows what's in an order marker

Here is one that I intend to try out...

Tor-Kul-Na ---- 220
Nagrubs x3 ---- 310
Zelrig --------- 495

Only two order markers that can absolutely obliterate squads. Tor-Kul-Na is very reliable at killing heroes as well.

---- Let's all be honest here ----
---- This is what you thought of when you saw my name wasn't it?
Old June 18th, 2008, 01:26 PM
Site Admin & Professional SideBoarder

Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Collateral Damage:

Imagine Godzilla in Tokyo, defending against an enraged Mothra - who really gets hurt... that's right - Tokyo! What if Charos could attack every adjacent unit? Well, with collateral damage, he can!

Charos 210
Zelrig 185
Zetacron 60
Theracus 40

This army operates on the idea that your own large/huge (eight potential engagement hexes), unique units can be great targets for Zelrig's Majestic Fires. Charos and Zetacron both have excellent anti-hero abilities. Theracus can play a spot of glyph-grab or map control if necessary. Against a commons-heavy army I think this could dominate. Either way, I think it's a ton of fun

~Aldin, wondering how many times Tokyo has been rebuilt

EDIT To really annoy your opponent, replace Zeta/Ther with Kelda/Swog /EDIT

He either fears his fate too much
or his desserts are small
That dares not put it to the touch
to gain or lose it all
~James Graham
Old June 18th, 2008, 01:41 PM
Hotdoghead-Molesterface

kenjib rolls all skulls baby! kenjib rolls all skulls baby! kenjib rolls all skulls baby! kenjib rolls all skulls baby! kenjib rolls all skulls baby! kenjib rolls all skulls baby!

Brood of Tiamat
185 Zelrig
185 Nilfheim
150 Mimring
210 Charos
210 Braxas
40 Venoc Vipers
----
980 pts.
Old June 18th, 2008, 11:07 PM
I got "Oh Come on" 'ed

ParaGoomba Slayer rolls all skulls baby! ParaGoomba Slayer rolls all skulls baby! ParaGoomba Slayer rolls all skulls baby! ParaGoomba Slayer rolls all skulls baby! ParaGoomba Slayer rolls all skulls baby!

Zelrig - 185

Microcorp 3x - 485

Otanashi - 495

Circumcision? HIS body, HIS decision. A person should have the right to their own body. "Sometimes you're right but you're always an asshole." - Anonymous neg rep
Old August 7th, 2008, 04:18 PM

KC-Destruction Woo who?

Reaaalllly late reply..but I'm pretty bored

Zelrig
Minions x2
Raelin
Reavers
Isamu

Or just

Zelrig
Nifphleim
Airborne
Raelin

The second one might have been posted though
=S
Old August 8th, 2008, 10:27 AM

Fourshadow knows what's in an order marker Fourshadow knows what's in an order marker

For 700 points I tried:

Zelrig-185
10th Foot x3-410
Einar Imperium x2-690

We were playing strictly one faction, so I had to give up 10 points because the lowest point figure Einar has is of course Guilty at 30.

I think this army would have worked well if I could have rolled at least decently.... It was a complete tragedy. I could not roll enough skulls to do damage that night, nor enough shields to defend. It was a frustrating game for me.

"There's right and there's wrong: you do one and you're living. You do the other and you may be walking around, but you're as dead as a beaver hat." John Wayne in The Alamo
Old August 8th, 2008, 12:41 PM

Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth

500 points

Zelrig
Cyprien
Sonya
Iskra
Rechets
Marcu

I played this army recently and it was pretty good, though probably not tournament caliber. One of the drawbacks is relying on the D20 to summon the Rechets. It's fun though. You keep your opponent guessing with the two big offensive figures. The Rechets are also fun to play with.

I mismanaged the army, really, because I didn't take advantage of Cypriens ability to disengage.
Old August 9th, 2008, 07:20 AM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth

Zelrig - 185

10th Reg x 3 - 225

Deathreavers - 40

Total = 450

Hand of fate is moving and the finger points to you
...Iron Maiden - The Wicker Man

TUTORIAL FOR RE-BASING FIGURES

3hrs 43mins 32secs = 1242nd of 8808 overall - 1988 Honolulu Marathon
Old August 9th, 2008, 10:48 AM

Agent of Vydar is surprisingly tart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hahma View Post
Zelrig - 185

10th Reg x 3 - 225

Deathreavers - 40

Total = 450
I like that army idea. Add another squad of deathreavers and Isamu you have a good 500 point army.

http://www.heroscapers.com/community...191#post646191 Check out my Epic Battles! Vote for Samurai Showdown or Northern Outpost!

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Competitive Armies Discussion