Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations
Comic Hero Custom Creations Any comic book customs and the discussions surrounding them

Old April 27th, 2011, 01:16 PM
Part of a Balanced Breakfast

omael rolls all skulls baby! omael rolls all skulls baby! omael rolls all skulls baby! omael rolls all skulls baby! omael rolls all skulls baby!
Omael's custom superheroes repaints and mods

Hello everyone,

I've been doing a couple of mods and repaint to fill my superheroscape collection for the last couple months. Most of them come from a couple of boxes of Handful of Heroes, you cand read more about those here where Griffin explain them in depth.

So, with no further forenotice here they are.

In the HoH pack came a guy from the UFOs, he's called proton or something like that, since i don't care about him i painted him and made me a Human Torch:

The base paint was translucent brown, so i didn't add a primer coat first, i just added orange wash after orange wash until he looked irregular enough, i think it was about 5 washes, and then added the details in yellow with a toothbrush.

In the pictures below you can see King Hulk from HoH, Juggernaut that it's just painted with a bronze, yellow and orange mix. Then is absorbing man that griffin've already detailed and look better than mine. Rhino, that was a really easy one, just paint him gray over gray until you like it.
The last two and the one i'm more proud of it Ares, which is a Gladiator Hulk from HoH painted with a detailed logo on his chest. I got to cut with a hobbist knife a little of his helmet because it was too big, and it's missing an three-handed-axe or someother big weapon but i haven't found one that i liked yet. Then is A-Bomb, if you don't know him he's the next incarnation of Abomination, so i used and HoH Abomination and cutted almost all the wrinkles of his body and left it like it was covered with plates with a knife, i hope you can see that in the picture. Then just 5-6 coat of blues and the details, oh, and made his ears smallers and less amphibious so he will look more rocky instead of reptil-like.

And Captain America Bucky is just a cap that i painted with a sharpie and glued a gun that i removed from Heroclix Echo
Old April 27th, 2011, 01:38 PM
Founding Member of C3G and C3V

Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby!
Re: Omael's custom superheroes repaints and mods

I love the Human Torch dude. Personally I like how that 4 on his chest is sorta wavering with heat - nice effect.

Rhino looks really good too.

Tuggernuts looks amazing! I made one too, but I can't remember if it is up on my thread or not. But yours looks better than mine. I messed up on the colors on mine a bit. Good job.
Old April 27th, 2011, 01:42 PM

omael rolls all skulls baby! omael rolls all skulls baby! omael rolls all skulls baby! omael rolls all skulls baby! omael rolls all skulls baby!
Talking Re: Omael's custom superheroes repaints and mods

Quote:
Originally Posted by Griffin View Post
I love the Human Torch dude. Personally I like how that 4 on his chest is sorta wavering with heat - nice effect.

Rhino looks really good too.

Tuggernuts looks amazing! I made one too, but I can't remember if it is up on my thread or not. But yours looks better than mine. I messed up on the colors on mine a bit. Good job.
thanks, i know what you mean with tuggemuts, i made a mess twice will painting it, but as you foundly thought me in your thread: it doesn't matter you just need to paint all over it again The original looked like he was made of gold, so i added a drop of brown, another one of red and a lot of of yellow, it was a lucky mistake. thanks again
Old April 27th, 2011, 02:54 PM
Tickle Pickle

tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth

Looking good man. I really like your Juggernaut and Human Torch paint jobs.
Old April 27th, 2011, 03:07 PM

thanks
Old April 27th, 2011, 03:08 PM
Tickle Pickle

tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth

One thing I just noticed to improve your repaints, is that on Rhino you painted the dirt by his feet the same color as his coustume.
Old April 27th, 2011, 05:40 PM

a couple more a-bomb pictures to see if the detail shows:

Hope you like them
Old October 20th, 2011, 06:07 PM

I just recently realized how useless Shiori was and i put one of my duplicates to the knife.

Using an X-acto knife i clipped the daggers from her hands and removed her shoulder pads and pants (naughty!), sculpted her butt round and then removed the scarf from her face. Additionally i glued one of her dagger in her hand but in a position more likely of one of hers.

...and voila! Psylocke was born!

she's not finished yet and my camera is really bad but i hope you get the idea.
Old October 20th, 2011, 08:02 PM
Nom Nom Nom ...

Red Eyed Jedi is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Red Eyed Jedi is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Red Eyed Jedi is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Red Eyed Jedi is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Red Eyed Jedi is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Red Eyed Jedi is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Red Eyed Jedi is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Red Eyed Jedi is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Red Eyed Jedi is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

I really like that Psycloke mod,
Ares is super cool to. If ya got an extra Sgt. Drake his sword might work, Or Agent Carr's sword. If you can't find an axe that ya like.

Good job man.

C3G team building links.
Old October 20th, 2011, 08:04 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

That looks great! Nice cosmetic surgery there!

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old October 20th, 2011, 08:45 PM
Tickle Pickle

I really like Ares. I just got the expensive figure because I plan to design him next year.
Old October 21st, 2011, 04:11 AM
Founding Member of C3G and C3V

Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby!

Awesome. I was just thinking yesterday "should I buy Psylocke for a dollar, or mod one of the many female ninjas I have?". Uncanny.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations