Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > Misc Customs Project Forum
Misc Customs Project Forum A subforum for all project based customs that generate numerous threads related to the same project.

Old April 10th, 2010, 05:59 PM

fiddlerjones is surprisingly tart
Re: Project Pokemon Design Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by wulfhunter667 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by minimoose38 View Post
For card templates, I still have the 9 type templates I presented to the old Pokemon thread. Someone can pull those or I can repost them later. Those with the Pokemon font on them that the Abra card has would look really cool I think.
Go ahead and repost here. I am not so sure about the Pokemon font though. Although interesting, it doesn't really add anything to the card. Plus, the MS and D&D versions maintained the normal font, so, let's stick with that.
I love the Abra card template as a way to designate type, but I'm also in favor of sticking with the original Heroscape font rather than the Pokemon one. It's more legible and easier to work with.

Wulfhunter, you seem to be sort of our de facto leader here, so would you be willing to draft a preliminary list of guidelines that we can all vote on? We should get that out of the way so we can move on to our design guidelines, then to actual card creation! Exciting stuff.

FiddlerJones Customs
"I ended up with forty acres;
I ended up with a broken fiddle --
And a broken laugh, and a thousand memories
And not a single regret."
Old April 10th, 2010, 06:07 PM

chief wears ripped pants of awesomeness chief wears ripped pants of awesomeness chief wears ripped pants of awesomeness chief wears ripped pants of awesomeness chief wears ripped pants of awesomeness chief wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Once you get guidelines hammered out ill join in making the cards
Old April 10th, 2010, 06:46 PM

wulfhunter667 rolls all skulls baby! wulfhunter667 rolls all skulls baby! wulfhunter667 rolls all skulls baby! wulfhunter667 rolls all skulls baby! wulfhunter667 rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiddlerjones View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by minimoose38 View Post
For card templates, I still have the 9 type templates I presented to the old Pokemon thread. Someone can pull those or I can repost them later. Those with the Pokemon font on them that the Abra card has would look really cool I think.
Go ahead and repost here. I am not so sure about the Pokemon font though. Although interesting, it doesn't really add anything to the card. Plus, the MS and D&D versions maintained the normal font, so, let's stick with that.
I love the Abra card template as a way to designate type, but I'm also in favor of sticking with the original Heroscape font rather than the Pokemon one. It's more legible and easier to work with.

Wulfhunter, you seem to be sort of our de facto leader here, so would you be willing to draft a preliminary list of guidelines that we can all vote on? We should get that out of the way so we can move on to our design guidelines, then to actual card creation! Exciting stuff.
The preliminary version of the rules and guidelines is listed on the first page. I added the stuff I posted earlier today since no one seems to have a problem with it.
So, I need the following things. I need everyone on the list to determine their status, Trainer, Junior Trainer or Ally. I need everyone to post any last minute comments, suggestions, revisions and whatnot about the rules/guidelines posted on the front page. Finally, starting tomorrow evening, we need to vote it into place.
PLEASE WAIT UNTIL TOMORROW EVENING TO VOTE.
It is vital here to allow absolutely everyone to look at, comment on and suggest anything further. If the vote passes, we move on to hashing out the Design Phase and Card Creation.
Please read the first post carefully. It's almost last call for comments.
Old April 10th, 2010, 06:56 PM

Vilsara is surprisingly tart

I'll be a Junior trainer- can't be trusted to post DAILY, but I'm going to try to help as much as possible.

Under the "Designing cards" tab, we might have to edit the process of making evolutionary lines (not doing Charizard before Charmander) once we reach a group decision of whether we're including pre-evolutions or not (especially since there seems to be a "no-evolution" mindset here, which partially derails the idea of NFE Pokemon).

Otherwise, the rules look good, and I hope another edit of the first post- with guidelines for the design- will be coming soon.

Funny, I haven't actually posted in the main forum for a while. Shame; I really need to get back into 'Scape.
Old April 10th, 2010, 06:58 PM
Gets It!!!

Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Designing Cards
Each member of the core group will be responsible for creating an least one card about every 2 monthes or so, starting with the first R/B/Y 151 Pokemon. In keeping with the best interest of the project, no card may be made for an evolved form of Pokemon until the base Pokemon has been created, ie, don't try to make Charizard without making Charmander and Charmeleon first, in that order.
Voting
On any matter that has nothing to do with a card in creation or playtesting, only the Group Moderator may call for a vote. Only Trainers may call for a vote in the Design Phase. All members may call for a vote in the Playtest Phase.
When a card receives 5 votes in the Design Phase, then the card moves on to Playtest Phase. If in playtesting, the card fails to meet the requirements necessary, then the card goes back to the design phase. If the card receives a minimum of 5 successful playtests and 5 votes, then the card goes to the Finalization Phase and is ready for the final carding , Book Of and Release.
We are all working toward the same goal here, and I think, once we have this all hammered out and know what direction we're headed, it will be easy to get there. Bear in mind, you will not agree with everything someone says all the time. I know that, you know that. Just be polite about it though. If you don't like an idea and you cannot express it nicely, either PM the person directly or don't comment at all.

Playtesting Cards
If it ain't broke, don't fix it. C3G has set the standard for playtesting, so, use the format they use when playtesting found here...
http://www.heroscapers.com/community...730#post990730
The Pokemon needs to have a minimum of 3 successful playtests before moving to the finalization phase.
So are we still only going to have one card in the design phase, and one card in playtesting at a time? It looks like that language was lost and I don't know if that was on purpose or not. If we are keeping the 1 card rule, I would add a rule stating that two cards are allowed to be in development and playtesting if one of them has failed playtesting and is being redesigned.

I don't need no instructions to know how to rock.
Old April 10th, 2010, 07:03 PM
Caster of Crying

Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:

I agree. That font on the Abra card does not belong there at all.
Old April 10th, 2010, 07:10 PM
Gets It!!!

Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warlord Alpha View Post
Quote:

I agree. That font on the Abra card does not belong there at all.
The font is what I really like about it though and it's why I suggested that template actually. If we want to go with a more standard template I'd say we should go with a two-tone template based on the pokemon's types.

Also I would support putting an asterisk on the first 151 rule till we hammer out whether or not we're going to be doing different evolution levels next week. *hopefully*

I don't need no instructions to know how to rock.
Old April 10th, 2010, 08:14 PM
Usurper of Shenanigans (but only 10 points under)

BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun

I'll sign myself up for a Trainer status, provided we aren't docked for not posting when we're unable to because of being out of town, taking a vacation, etc. Knowing me, though, I might end up posting on those days as well.
Quote:
When a card receives 5 votes in the Design Phase, then the card moves on to Playtest Phase. If in playtesting, the card fails to meet the requirements necessary, then the card goes back to the design phase. If the card receives a minimum of 5 successful playtests and 5 votes, then the card goes to the Finalization Phase and is ready for the final carding ,
Kind of nit-picky, but you might want to specify 5 positive votes for the card to move on. Also, I think that since we currently have fourteen members, we should increase the number of votes required to at least seven, unless some of us decide to go with the ally status. If we're all voting, though, I think we need at least 50%, if not more for a majority.

Monthly Utah Tournaments in SLC!!
Maps | Customs | Battle Reports
10 Points Under Videos

"I'll save myself some time and say I pretty much 100% agree with Bigga" ~Flash_19
Old April 10th, 2010, 09:30 PM

wulfhunter667 rolls all skulls baby! wulfhunter667 rolls all skulls baby! wulfhunter667 rolls all skulls baby! wulfhunter667 rolls all skulls baby! wulfhunter667 rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BiggaBullfrog View Post
I'll sign myself up for a Trainer status, provided we aren't docked for not posting when we're unable to because of being out of town, taking a vacation, etc. Knowing me, though, I might end up posting on those days as well.
Quote:
When a card receives 5 votes in the Design Phase, then the card moves on to Playtest Phase. If in playtesting, the card fails to meet the requirements necessary, then the card goes back to the design phase. If the card receives a minimum of 5 successful playtests and 5 votes, then the card goes to the Finalization Phase and is ready for the final carding ,
Kind of nit-picky, but you might want to specify 5 positive votes for the card to move on. Also, I think that since we currently have fourteen members, we should increase the number of votes required to at least seven, unless some of us decide to go with the ally status. If we're all voting, though, I think we need at least 50%, if not more for a majority.
For this moment, the text is fine. 5 votes is more of a placeholder than a set number. But I will add your Status and change to a more "positive" wording.
Also, we all understand that life happens. If you are not going to be on for a bit because of whatever, just tell us, and we won't hold it against you.
Old April 10th, 2010, 09:33 PM

fiddlerjones is surprisingly tart

I agree with upping the positive vote count. I'd also be ok with having multiple cards in playtesting at once. However, we should specify that only one pokemon is to be playtested at a time - test reports containing more than one in-testing card should be considered invalid.

I like the "release" idea as well. It'll be easier to get the first 151 (or less) if we break them into manageable chunks.

Put me down as Trainer for now.

FiddlerJones Customs
"I ended up with forty acres;
I ended up with a broken fiddle --
And a broken laugh, and a thousand memories
And not a single regret."
Old April 10th, 2010, 10:00 PM
Saving the world - one lonely Marro at a time

mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth

I can live without the Pokemon font. Found it when I was doing that mock-up and wanted to try it out. As far as what borders and such, I would suggest that any interested Trainers and Jr. Trainers that have a card design proposal present it and we can bring them to a vote.

My Customs HoSS HoSS Sortable Index
Looking for the Codex?
My Trade List
Tourney Record: 2-11 I4031
Old April 10th, 2010, 10:26 PM
Caster of Crying

Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Pretty big post, so i put it in spoilers.

Spoiler Alert!

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > Misc Customs Project Forum