Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > C3V and SoV Customs
C3V and SoV Customs A place for C3V and SoV customs

Old November 12th, 2010, 10:58 PM
Founding Member of C3G and C3V

Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby!
Re: C3V Public Announcements Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragonSlayer2 View Post
I posted it in a contest a long time ago, I dont know if I can even find it. I will try.

EDIT:

link to contest I submitted it in http://www.heroscapers.com/community...=19501&page=24

The figure they came out with was kato in wave 8. He could move two squads. (I should finish General Death....he would go good with my newly purchased death knights.)

NOTE: I didnt make that fig or paint it.
Awesome. You know what I am impressed with the most? You know exactly what you should change and I assume you know why.
Old November 13th, 2010, 12:46 AM

Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Griffin View Post
Quote:
I posted it in a contest a long time ago, I dont know if I can even find it. I will try.

EDIT:

link to contest I submitted it in http://www.heroscapers.com/community...=19501&page=24

The figure they came out with was kato in wave 8. He could move two squads. (I should finish General Death....he would go good with my newly purchased death knights.)

NOTE: I didnt make that fig or paint it.
Awesome. You know what I am impressed with the most? You know exactly what you should change and I assume you know why.
Well Dragon, you had some comments in this post that expressed what you would/should have changed, but apparently you deleted them right before I posted. A shame, I preemptively accredited you for the ability to critique yourself.
Old November 13th, 2010, 12:06 AM
Will Ultimately Face the Evil Black Dragon

Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth

I would make it 2 Utgar squads, and not the same squad twice. If you took two turns with Blastatrons, you also get to move 8 Gladiatrons. If you take two turns with the Nakitas, you get to move 6 Gorillinators. If you take two turns with MacDirks, Knights of Weston, Blade Gruts, Heavy Gruts, Arrow Gruts, Roman Soldiers, Greek Soldiers, GREENSCALES, for Pete's sake, you get two turns with two heroes, which could be Braxas twice!

I would consider seriously revising it, even beyond my Utgar "fix." Otherwise, it looks very good! I really like what you are going for.

Old November 13th, 2010, 12:54 AM
Tickle Pickle

tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth

I was wondering how deep you were reading into his message Griff cause I wasn't seeing anything that suggested he knew what to change. Lay off the Burt's Beer
Old November 13th, 2010, 01:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcglkn View Post
I was wondering how deep you were reading into his message Griff cause I wasn't seeing anything that suggested he knew what to change. Lay off the Burt's Beer
I can't help it that he changed his post before I posted. Caught me off guard when Bats asked me what the heck I was talking about.
Old November 13th, 2010, 08:46 AM
Has Roman Archers with a Combined Attack of 18. Seriously.

DragonSlayer2 rolls all skulls baby! DragonSlayer2 rolls all skulls baby! DragonSlayer2 rolls all skulls baby! DragonSlayer2 rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Quote:
I can't help it that he changed his post before I posted. Caught me off guard when Bats asked me what the heck I was talking about.
Sorry about that. I was going to, but then it just sounded like something people didnt need to read. I figured Id just do it myself if I ever got around to it. But seeing how I kinda already said something and then removed it....leaving you in a funny place I will give my revision ideas again. It was along the lines of....

Make the ambush more unit specific, and re-phrase to correct any kinks. (if order marker 3 is on General Death, you may instead take a turn with two different relentless squads who follow Utgar) Also, I would probably either reduce his attack, and/or possibly remove the deadly strike.

Sorry Griff, there is a little extra in there that I didnt have the first time.

In war, indeed, there is no substitute for victory. ~General MacArthur

Great Traders: Nyys, generalgina, Porkins, Grand Moff Venom, Bogusoid, MikeLizzio, FEDEX WORKER
MY TRADE LIST
Old November 13th, 2010, 09:03 AM

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Sorry about that. I was going to, but then it just sounded like something people didnt need to read. I figured Id just do it myself if I ever got around to it. But seeing how I kinda already said something and then removed it....leaving you in a funny place I will give my revision ideas again. It was along the lines of....

Make the ambush more unit specific, and re-phrase to correct any kinks. (if order marker 3 is on General Death, you may instead take a turn with two different relentless squads who follow Utgar) Also, I would probably either reduce his attack, and/or possibly remove the deadly strike.

Sorry Griff, there is a little extra in there that I didnt have the first time.
Most of that sounds familiar.

Great review.
Old November 13th, 2010, 01:06 AM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

This C3V Public Announcement was brought to you by Burt's Beer. You're looking like a beer in headlights. Yum.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old November 13th, 2010, 01:11 AM
Tickle Pickle

tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth

I'm guessing he had some suggested change about bonding squads?
Old November 13th, 2010, 11:20 AM
Has Roman Archers with a Combined Attack of 18. Seriously.

DragonSlayer2 rolls all skulls baby! DragonSlayer2 rolls all skulls baby! DragonSlayer2 rolls all skulls baby! DragonSlayer2 rolls all skulls baby!

Just to say after trying it I found a few things else. I stated just order marker three. So I would re-word it as follows

AMBUSH: After revealing order marker 3 on General Death, you may instead take a turn with up to two different _____ squads who follow Utgar.

but you would still have a problem with the new death knights and any unit that bonds. You would get to move them, they bond with General Death. So on turn three you would be able to move General Death (bonding) squad (ambush) General Death normal movement. So I think there shoule be a clause that a unit activated by ambush cannot bond this turn.

So with that being said:

AMBUSH: After revealing order marker 3 on General Death, you may instead take a turn with up to two different _____ squads who follow Utgar. Any squad activated by ambush may not bond this turn.

That takes care of ambush.

In war, indeed, there is no substitute for victory. ~General MacArthur

Great Traders: Nyys, generalgina, Porkins, Grand Moff Venom, Bogusoid, MikeLizzio, FEDEX WORKER
MY TRADE LIST
Old November 13th, 2010, 12:25 PM

Kaemon Awa 123 rolls all skulls baby! Kaemon Awa 123 rolls all skulls baby! Kaemon Awa 123 rolls all skulls baby! Kaemon Awa 123 rolls all skulls baby! Kaemon Awa 123 rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Just to say after trying it I found a few things else. I stated just order marker three. So I would re-word it as follows

AMBUSH: After revealing order marker 3 on General Death, you may instead take a turn with up to two different _____ squads who follow Utgar.

but you would still have a problem with the new death knights and any unit that bonds. You would get to move them, they bond with General Death. So on turn three you would be able to move General Death (bonding) squad (ambush) General Death normal movement. So I think there shoule be a clause that a unit activated by ambush cannot bond this turn.

So with that being said:

AMBUSH: After revealing order marker 3 on General Death, you may instead take a turn with up to two different _____ squads who follow Utgar. Any squad activated by ambush may not bond this turn.

That takes care of ambush.
Just to make it sound more "official"

AMBUSH After revealing order marker 3 on General Death, you may instead take a turn with up to two different ______ squads who follow Utgar. Any squad activated by ambush may not use any ability that activates prior to movement.

I'll check if that screws up any non-bonding abilities in a second...

EDIT- Nope, the anubians and hounds get screwed...

EDIT2- AMBUSH: after revealing order marker 3 on General Death, you may instead take a turn with up to two different _______ squads who follow Utgar. Any squad activated by ambush may not activate any abilities that allow them to take a turn with or move friendly figures.

Sounds good, I think.
Old November 13th, 2010, 12:27 PM
Will Ultimately Face the Evil Black Dragon

Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth

I like it! Ambush should allow a variety of squads, and removing the Bonding option opens up more units for use. The only thing left to consider is whether you really want the high end squads, such as Minions, to take two turns, which would possibly make you rethink your cost for the General. At a high enough price, though, it isn't broken. You probably don't even need to limit it to a particular personality/species, etc.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > C3V and SoV Customs