Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Other Customization & HS Additions
Other Customization & HS Additions Everything from new ways to play to modded figures

Old October 2nd, 2010, 12:15 AM
Let me help you play with yourself!

Kaiyu rolls all skulls baby! Kaiyu rolls all skulls baby! Kaiyu rolls all skulls baby! Kaiyu rolls all skulls baby!
Re: Hero Origins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flame Gryphon View Post
I'm going to play as the warforged Force Wizard next, who looks like he has a little more punch then the normal wizard...
Right you are. He even gets a +1 attack bonus just for being a Force Wizard, has quite a few defensive skills too, but you'll notice that he also has the shortest ranges of all the Wizards. Suits the Warforged well I think.
Old October 2nd, 2010, 12:17 AM
On Fire like in NBA Jam!

Flame Gryphon is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flame Gryphon is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flame Gryphon is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flame Gryphon is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flame Gryphon is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flame Gryphon is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flame Gryphon is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flame Gryphon is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by gorthan313 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaiyu0707 View Post
Quote:
Are you planning on having any dragon/wyrmling ones?
Of Course! After I make sure everything from what's posted so far is looking good I'll start work on the rest. Next up will be Horror Fantasy (Undead, Vampires, Werewolves, etc.) and the rest of the Fantasy Stuff. After that will be modern Earth (Cowboys, Colonial Soldiers, Army Elite, etc.), then finally Sci-Fi.

Heh. Undead.
Un----dead?
Spoiler Alert!

Can you defeat a mind such as mine?
Riddler
Old October 2nd, 2010, 04:45 PM

Kaiyu rolls all skulls baby! Kaiyu rolls all skulls baby! Kaiyu rolls all skulls baby! Kaiyu rolls all skulls baby!

Old links are dead. New links provided below. I choose a name for the game, let me know if you have anything better or if you don't like it before I post the new thread.

Heroes of 'Scape: Race & Class
Heroes of 'Scape: Special Powers

If you've already printed off the old stuff and you don't want to reprint, here is the latest update to the ERRATA
Spoiler Alert!

Last edited by Kaiyu; October 2nd, 2010 at 05:06 PM.
Old October 2nd, 2010, 05:13 PM

Along with ERRATA we have ADDITIONS
Spoiler Alert!
Old October 2nd, 2010, 05:36 PM
On Fire like in NBA Jam!

Flame Gryphon is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flame Gryphon is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flame Gryphon is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flame Gryphon is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flame Gryphon is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flame Gryphon is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flame Gryphon is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flame Gryphon is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Spoiler Alert!
Wow. I contributed to it.

Riddler
Old October 2nd, 2010, 05:44 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Spoiler Alert!
You sure did. And I hope you continue to contribute. I can't come up with all the special powers all by myself
Old October 2nd, 2010, 06:09 PM
On Fire like in NBA Jam!

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Spoiler Alert!
You sure did. And I hope you continue to contribute. I can't come up with all the special powers all by myself
I just came up with a new class that could be cool. I don't know what the name would be,(Mutant? Cyborg? Splicer? (Guess what demo I played last night...)) but the idea is is that it uses either tonics, machines, or whatever so he/she can use all abilities that are in the game, but have a -1 to every stat except range.

Riddler
Old October 2nd, 2010, 11:00 PM

THE BIG MOVE HAS BEEN MADE

See you there! Bring your special power ideas!
Old October 4th, 2010, 04:42 PM

Well alright. I'm still gonna be working hard on Heroes of 'Scape, but I don't want to neglect Hero Origins, so let's get this thread back on track. Let me give you a break down on what's happening with Hero Origins.

-Its going to be a simple leveling system based entirely on the original Heroscape Cards.
-If there is any printing, it'll just be for the basic rules and game modes of I offer special scenarios. No extra data required.
-Figures will usually start as squad figures, when they kill enough and gain enough points, they can turn into a Hero.
-I'm still deciding whether old powers are kept as you change from a squad figure into a Hero.
-I will be basing the experience required for figures to level up based off the point value they start as, and the point value of the Hero they turn into.

Two Examples to show what I'm considering--
1) Start with a squad of Blade Gruts. The squad as a whole destroys 80 points of opponent's figures (120 - 40) and however many are alive are all destroyed and Grimnak is put on the board in their place.

2) Start as a squad of Krav Maga Agents. One figure of the three destroys 67 points of opponent's figures (100 - 33) and that one figure is destroyed Agent Carr is put on the board in its place.

These are two very different concepts that don't work well together. Its impossible for the Krav Maga to kill to Agent Carr difference. And for one Blade Grut to kill 110 points would be outrageous. So unless I come up with something more reasonable that hybrids them, they'll have to be used independently.
Old October 4th, 2010, 05:41 PM
displays Schultzian haplessness

gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Loving this leveling system so far. One question:

Say you buy a certain power at level 2, without getting the level one version. You level to level 3, and want to be the level three version of that same power. For example, your character buys the level 2 vanish, and then wants to buy the level three vanish. Would that cost this person two points or one to upgrade to the level three version? I know upgrading from a level one power to a level three power would cost two points, but would it be the same for the example I was thinking of?

Your curiosity will be the death of you....
Old October 4th, 2010, 06:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gorthan313 View Post
Loving this leveling system so far. One question:

Say you buy a certain power at level 2, without getting the level one version. You level to level 3, and want to be the level three version of that same power. For example, your character buys the level 2 vanish, and then wants to buy the level three vanish. Would that cost this person two points or one to upgrade to the level three version? I know upgrading from a level one power to a level three power would cost two points, but would it be the same for the example I was thinking of?
Good question, but wrong game. The thread for the new game got moved this weekend. I'll answer your question on the correct thread

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Other Customization & HS Additions