Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Other Customization & HS Additions
Other Customization & HS Additions Everything from new ways to play to modded figures

Old March 2nd, 2008, 12:51 AM
C3G Hero

whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun
Quote:
Originally Posted by Velenne
Quote:
Originally Posted by whitestuff
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
I get what you're wanting to do with the Flame Thrower, but I'm having trouble visualizing it. Is he spinning in a circle hoping to catch everyone in range?
and then dying pathetically but yes, that is my intent (and how I play the Pyro in TF2).
No wonder you don't like him! I always team up with some fodder- er, a teammate, and put them in front, using my shotty in open areas and flamer in tight quarters. You have to concentrate the flame right on your target for max effect.
So all I need is a sucker, oh, I mean, a "friend"? I'll keep an eye out for one. BTW, what do you think of the latest changes (the reduced ammo capacity of the Soldiers and Demomen)? Seems a bit odd to change that now.
Yes, nothing like a good teammate to throw himself in front of bullets for you. Ah, loyalty. TBH, since I moved into my new house, I haven't had internet connection. I've been responding on my iphone which is somewhat tedious... yes, I miss my TF2 fix. *twitch*
You have an iPhone connection to the net only? Bummer, no TF2 for you. Still you have an iPhone, so that's gotta be cool. Apple hasn't deemed Australia worthy to have them in the country as yet. Maybe 2008 will be the year...

Quote:
We seem to have conflicting opinions on how the pyro should work. Aww, our first disagreement. .....
Had to happen eventually I guess... ------>

Quote:
.... Anyway, let's leave the Flame Thrower as you last suggestion, with the following clarifications:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flame Thrower
Range 2. Attack 2.
When using the Flame Thrower, the Pyro may attack all enemy figures within 2 clear sight spaces. Roll 4 additional attack dice against adjacent enemies.
That's a better way to word it.

Quote:
And for the burning damage we can either do this:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mhramrahmraah!
Enemy units that receive at least one wound from the Pyro's Flame Thrower Special Attack take continuous fire damage. Place a fire token on effected unit cards. One their next turn, remove the fire token and roll one undefendable attack die against the effected unit. On a hit, they suffer one wound and must roll again. This continues until a hit is not rolled or the unit is destroyed. A Medic may heal an effected unit to remove the fire token.
Advantages: Easy to track, scary, fun mechanic.
Disadvantages: Can't avoid by running into water, might not result in any extra damage at all.

Or we can do your version:
Quote:
Enemy units that receive at least one wound from the Pyro's Flame Thrower Special Attack take continuous fire damage. Place a fire token on effected unit cards. For the next three turns, the Pyro rolls one undefendable attack die against all effected units. At the end of three turns, return the fire tokens to this card. Fire tokens can also be removed if an effected figure moves over water or is healed by a Medic.
Advantages: High chance of taking extra burn damage, scary, more options to avoid.
Disadvantages: Could be difficult to track if the Pyro uses his Flame Thrower on subsequent turns effecting the same or different figures.
What if it was a combination of both ideas? Such as...
Quote:
Enemy units that receive at least one wound from the Pyro's Flame Thrower take continuous fire damage. Place a fire token on effected unit cards. One their next turn, before moving or attacking, roll one attack die. On a skull, take one wound. If no skull is rolled, remove the Fire token. Fire tokens may also be removed by a Medic.
No rounds to count but still the possibility for it to last a couple of turns. What do you think?

The Engy's Sentry card has proven to be more difficult than I thought. I'll post it as soon as I can.
Old March 2nd, 2008, 01:57 AM

Velenne wears ripped pants of awesomeness Velenne wears ripped pants of awesomeness Velenne wears ripped pants of awesomeness Velenne wears ripped pants of awesomeness Velenne wears ripped pants of awesomeness Velenne wears ripped pants of awesomeness
What Australia lacks in iPhones, it more than makes up for in beautiful, fun-loving women. So I don't feel too bad for y'all. Besides, at least you have Heroscape and TF2!

I like your blended version. That should do it for the pyro. Next up... Sniper and Medic!
Old March 2nd, 2008, 02:14 AM
C3G Hero

whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun
Quote:
What Australia lacks in iPhones, it more than makes up for in beautiful, fun-loving women. So I don't feel too bad for y'all. Besides, at least you have Heroscape and TF2!
What about beautiful, fun-loving women with iPhones!!!

Quote:
I like your blended version. That should do it for the pyro. Next up... Sniper and Medic!
I'll think about them as soon as I finish up the Pyro card. In the meantime, feel free to throw down your ideas.

I finally finished the first of the Engineer's build cards.

Comments?
Old March 2nd, 2008, 10:25 AM

Velenne wears ripped pants of awesomeness Velenne wears ripped pants of awesomeness Velenne wears ripped pants of awesomeness Velenne wears ripped pants of awesomeness Velenne wears ripped pants of awesomeness Velenne wears ripped pants of awesomeness
That looks gorgeous and practical! The card not the girl, that is... Or maybe both...

(1) If they all have have the same life, it's going to make it more difficult to bring down. Is it possible to have a little blood splatter/ life indicator next to each glyph? Or is that too tricky for PS?

(2) there needs to be a LOS clause in the autoturret text.

Other than that, excellent work!
Old March 2nd, 2008, 11:02 AM

The Sniper

4 L
6 M
6 R
3 A
3 D

Sniper Rifle
We can easily use deadeye dan's ability here but make it 3 undefendable dice and...

Headshot
If the sniper rolls all hits on his Sniper Rifle special attack, the target is automatically destroyed.
Old March 4th, 2008, 03:31 AM
C3G Hero

Sorry for the delay but RealLifetm has been a bit hectic.

Quote:
That looks gorgeous and practical!
I hoped that it would be alright. It was a bit of a bugger to figure out.

Quote:
(1) If they all have have the same life, it's going to make it more difficult to bring down. Is it possible to have a little blood splatter/ life indicator next to each glyph? Or is that too tricky for PS?
I probably can get rid of the blood splatter but I don't know how it would look next to each glyph. What if I put the life number next to the range and attack number in the text part?

Quote:
(2) there needs to be a LOS clause in the autoturret text.
I'll get onto that.

Quote:
Other than that, excellent work!
Sweet

Quote:
The Sniper

4 L
6 M
6 R
3 A
3 D
This all good bar the range which I think is a bit on the short side. I was thinking at least 8-10.

Quote:
Sniper Rifle
We can easily use deadeye dan's ability here but make it 3 undefendable dice and...

Headshot
If the sniper rolls all hits on his Sniper Rifle special attack, the target is automatically destroyed.
I think Dan's ability would work well but I'm not sure that the headshot would happen very often. With added height how often do you roll 4 dice and get 4 skulls? What if we add the Omnicron Snipers deadly shot instead? That would give the Sniper some real bite.

I won't get onto any card work until at least tomorrow due to a busy schedule. I'll try to get the Pyro done as well as the Sentry.
Old March 4th, 2008, 08:21 AM

Did you see the medic thread I accidently made?
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Medic
The Medic

5 L
7 M
5 R
3 A
4 D

The Medigun
After moving and instead of attacking, remove up to two wound markers from any friendly, adjacent unit's army card, placing them in the Ubercharge Guage below.

Ubercharge Guage.
[a small box, or 8 little circles goes here]
When the box above contains 8 wound markers, the Medic is Ubercharged. He may continue to use his Medigun, but extra wound markers are discarded until the Ubercharge is fully spent.

Ubercharge
Before moving, the Medic may declare his Ubercharge. After any Order Marker is revealed, remove one token from the Ubercharge Gauge above. As long as at least one token remains in the Gauge, the Medic and one friendly, adjacent unit are immune to all damage.
Old March 4th, 2008, 09:38 AM

Quote:
Quote:
I probably can get rid of the blood splatter but I don't know how it would look next to each glyph. What if I put the life number next to the range and attack number in the text part?
Hey, you're the expert and you're doing all the fingerwork. I leave that decision to you.

Quote:
Quote:
The Sniper

4 L
6 M
6 R
3 A
3 D
This all good bar the range which I think is a bit on the short side. I was thinking at least 8-10.

Quote:
Sniper Rifle

Headshot
I think Dan's ability would work well but I'm not sure that the headshot would happen very often. With added height how often do you roll 4 dice and get 4 skulls? What if we add the Omnicron Snipers deadly shot instead? That would give the Sniper some real bite.

I won't get onto any card work until at least tomorrow due to a busy schedule. I'll try to get the Pyro done as well as the Sentry.
I was thinking his normal attack would be his little machine gun. If we gave him 3 undefendable dice on the Sniper Rifle and Deadly Shot then the Headshots would pretty much take care of themselves. As a special attack, he doesn't get the benefit of height.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deadeye's Card
Ullar Enhanced Rifle Special Attack: Range 10. Attack 1. Choose a non‑adjacent small or medium figure to attack. The chosen figure cannot roll defense dice when attacked by Deadeye Dan's Ulllar Enhanced Rifle Special Attack. Deadeye Dan may not use this special attack if he moved this turn.
Oh and good luck with that Realife™ thing. I don't know about you, but I think my setting is on Hard sometimes.
Old March 4th, 2008, 10:01 AM

Ormus knows what's in an order marker Ormus knows what's in an order marker Ormus knows what's in an order marker
Let me start by saying that I have no idea what Team Fortress is.....but this is pretty sweet....Great job guys......
Old March 4th, 2008, 10:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ormus
Let me start by saying that I have no idea what Team Fortress is.....but this is pretty sweet....Great job guys......
Do you play video games?
Old March 4th, 2008, 10:22 AM

Ormus knows what's in an order marker Ormus knows what's in an order marker Ormus knows what's in an order marker
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ormus
Do you play video games?
Si, I do.....but mostly Fantasy RPG's, so I miss out on alot of other genre's.
Old March 4th, 2008, 11:20 AM

Well if you call yourself a gamer, you do yourself a disservice (especially if you enjoy stories in games) if you pass on the Half-life series. Team Fortress was originally a Quake mod but really came into its own as a Half-life mod called Team Fortress Classic. Valve saw the opportunity to turn it into its own spinoff and thus created Team Fortress 2 and included it in the Orange Box along with the latest episode of Half-life 2. I can't recommend it highly enough.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Other Customization & HS Additions