Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations
Comic Hero Custom Creations Any comic book customs and the discussions surrounding them

Notices

Old June 21st, 2020, 02:30 PM
"our design team knows what it's doing"

NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth
Re: HelmAverse Supers - Ant-Man, Morbius, and Compact Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Helm View Post
Thanks for the compliments Necro, my boys are doing a heck of a job with their designs. As for Punisher, he's a Matt Helm design. When you say "which way" I think you are implying the two options of grenade or bounty marker (my boys and I really like how you did the vengeance marker on your Punisher). I don't want to spoil anything so I'll leave you wondering just a little longer.
I meant between my vengeance version and something else (like just another grenade, or the different design I might post this time around). I really think I lean vengeance, though, since it has a more unique flavor. Really loving the whole family design team thing going on here.

Arena of the Valkyire - Help create Heroscape's next Master Set!
Trade List
C3V Brainstorm
never not funny
Pepperony - 14/09/13
Old June 21st, 2020, 03:04 PM
Captain Underpants

Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun

Well, it wouldn't be nice to "punish" you any longer. Here's the Matt Helm write up for Frank Castle himself. Happy Father's Day, everyone.
--------------------------------
MARVEL

PUNISHER

HUMAN
UNIQUE HERO
VIGILANTE
RELENTLESS
MEDIUM 5

LIFE: 4
MOVE: 4
RANGE: 4
ATTACK: 4
DEFENSE: 4

SNIPER RIFLE
Punisher starts the game with one white Sniper Rifle Marker on his card. Before taking a turn with Punisher you may remove the Sniper Rifle Marker from this card or, if the marker was not on this card at the start of Punisher’s turn, place it back on this card.

SCOPED ATTACK
While the Sniper Rifle Marker is on this card Punisher adds 3 to his range and 2 to his attack dice.

ONE MAN ARMY
If the Sniper Rifle Marker is not on this card, when Punisher attacks he may attack one additional time. Punisher adds 1 to his move and 2 to his defense dice while the Sniper Rifle Marker is not on this card.

Last edited by Matt Helm; June 22nd, 2020 at 10:44 AM.
Old June 21st, 2020, 04:43 PM
Tickle Pickle

tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth

So you opted for neither grenade or rocket launcher marker. That’s a cool design.
Old June 21st, 2020, 06:32 PM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

Can you combine this into one sentence?

ONE MAN ARMY
If the Sniper Rifle Marker is not on this card Punisher adds 1 to his move and 2 to his defense dice and when Punisher attacks, he may attack one additional time.

Great card.
Old June 21st, 2020, 08:34 PM
Captain Underpants

Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tornado View Post
Can you combine this into one sentence?

ONE MAN ARMY
If the Sniper Rifle Marker is not on this card Punisher adds 1 to his move and 2 to his defense dice and when Punisher attacks, he may attack one additional time.

Great card.
Not a bad idea, what about:

ONE MAN ARMY
If the Sniper Rifle Marker is not on this card Punisher adds 1 to his move, 2 to his defense dice, and when he attacks, Punisher may attack one additional time.

Edit: Actually, after looking at some official cards, I decided to go with this two sentence format:

ONE MAN ARMY
If the Sniper Rifle Marker is not on this card, when Punisher attacks he may attack one additional time. Punisher adds 1 to his move and 2 to his defense dice while the Sniper Rifle is not on this card.

Thanks for having me rethink the sentence structure, Tornado.

Last edited by Matt Helm; June 21st, 2020 at 11:13 PM.
Old June 22nd, 2020, 09:11 AM
"Let's Nut this Unit Out!"

A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth

Interesting. I was expecting something like a rocket launcher for the marker. And definitely a different way to do a sniper rifle. Seems strange that you would start with your sniper rifle drawn but I get that that's for ease of the power wordage. Defense of 6 (4+2) for him seems a little high. But I know you have already tested him thoroughly so the balance would there.

BTW you left "marker" out of the last sentence of One Man Army.
Old June 22nd, 2020, 10:56 AM
Captain Underpants

Quote:
Originally Posted by A3n View Post
Interesting. I was expecting something like a rocket launcher for the marker. And definitely a different way to do a sniper rifle. Seems strange that you would start with your sniper rifle drawn but I get that that's for ease of the power wordage. Defense of 6 (4+2) for him seems a little high. But I know you have already tested him thoroughly so the balance would there.

BTW you left "marker" out of the last sentence of One Man Army.
Starting with the Marker drawn is absolutely due to the ease of wording. We needed to establish that he has the marker so it begins the game on his card. Since he decides what to do with it at the start of his turn it works out fine. The player usually takes a turn with Punisher at least once before an opponent can attack a figure in the start zone. If not, shame on the player who leaves Castle staring through the scope too long and leaving him vulnerable to attack.

As for the defense of six it is more mechanics than theme. We explain the theme as a combo of Kevlar and defensive tactics. Mechanically he’s basically Iron Man without flying. It means he rarely gets height in close combat and needs a decent defense to hold off squads and multiple attack figures. Otherwise he goes down fast. Especially if he received any wounds while vulnerable in sniper mode. As is he still seems to go down quicker than typical supers but he is fun while he lasts and not that many points. Of course with all that said the beauty of customs is that as you play more and more you can always edit down the road. We’re pretty happy with him for now.

Last sentence updated. Thanks.

I hope we didn’t disappoint with the marker idea but we really like it. We think it represents the sniper version of punisher and the one man army version as almost two separate cards. We could have done Special Attacks but this way seemed more fun as it allows the choice to affect his defense.

More reinforcements to be posted soon.
Old June 22nd, 2020, 04:14 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

I dig it. I like him starting out with it, because it makes sense for him to try to snipe his enemies first, rather than jumping right into the thick of things.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old June 22nd, 2020, 09:16 PM
Captain Underpants

Thanks for the thumbs up, Bats, I appreciate it.

After posting Punisher my employees (aka the Helm family rug rats) are itching to see me post the other three Reinforcements Arrive designs. Honestly I think they just want Dad's cards out of the way so they can get to showing off their latest ideas.

Well, there's no use in dragging this out any longer. It's time for the HelmAverse to complete the set of unreleased Hasbro characters.

---------------------------------------------
MARVEL

BLACK PANTHER

HUMAN
UNIQUE HERO
KING
DEVOUT
MEDIUM 5

LIFE: 5
MOVE: 6
RANGE: 1
ATTACK: 5
DEFENSE: 5

ENGAGEMENT STRIKE 14
If an opponent’s small or medium figure moves adjacent to Black Panther, roll the 20-sided die. If you roll a 14 or higher, the opponent’s figure receives a wound. Figures may only be targeted as they move into engagement with Black Panther.

STEALTH DODGE
When Black Panther rolls defense dice against an attacking figure who is not adjacent, one shield will block all damage.

VIBRANIUM SUIT
Black Panther never takes leaving engagement attacks and is not affected by normal or major falls. Black Panther is still affected by extreme falls.

----------------
Edit: Increased his points from 170 to 180.

Last edited by Matt Helm; July 24th, 2020 at 10:29 PM.
Old June 22nd, 2020, 09:27 PM
Captain Underpants

MARVEL

SANDMAN

HUMAN
UNIQUE HERO
CRIMINAL
CONFLICTED
MEDIUM 5

LIFE: 6
MOVE: 5
ATTACK: 6
DEFENSE: 6

SAND BLAST
While Sandman is on a sand space, add 5 to his Range.

SANDSTORM
When Sandman attacks, if at least one skull is rolled, before the defending figure rolls any dice, you may immediately place Sandman on an empty space adjacent to the defending figure. When Sandman moves with Sandstorm, he will not take any leaving engagement attacks.

SAND SMASH 14
At the end of Sandman’s turn, if he moved with Sandstorm, roll the 20 sided die. If you roll a 14 or higher, all figures adjacent to Sandman receive one wound.

SUPERSTRENGTH

Last edited by Matt Helm; July 19th, 2020 at 02:36 PM.
Old June 22nd, 2020, 09:31 PM
Captain Underpants

MARVEL

BULLSEYE

HUMAN
UNIQUE HERO
ASSASSIN
PRECISE
MEDIUM 5

MOVE: 5
RANGE: 6
ATTACK: 3
DEFENSE: 4

FLAWLESS AIM
When Bullseye attacks, you may re-roll all attack dice that did not show skulls. Flawless Aim can be used only once for each attack roll.

STRATEGIC ASSASSIN
If Bullseye did not yet move this turn, after attacking, he may either attack one additional time or move 5 spaces. When moving with Strategic Assassin, Bullseye will not take any leaving engagement attacks from any figures he was engaged with at the start of his turn.
Old June 22nd, 2020, 11:43 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Helm View Post
Thanks for the thumbs up, Bats, I appreciate it.

After posting Punisher my employees (aka the Helm family rug rats) are itching to see me post the other three Reinforcements Arrive designs. Honestly I think they just want Dad's cards out of the way so they can get to showing off their latest ideas.

Well, there's no use in dragging this out any longer. It's time for the HelmAverse to complete the set of unreleased Hasbro characters.

---------------------------------------------
MARVEL

BLACK PANTHER

HUMAN
UNIQUE HERO
KING
DEVOUT
MEDIUM 5

MOVE: 6
ATTACK: 5
DEFENSE: 5

ENGAGEMENT STRIKE 14
If an opponent’s small or medium figure moves adjacent to Black Panther, roll the 20-sided die. If you roll a 14 or higher, the opponent’s figure receives a wound. Figures may only be targeted as they move into engagement with Black Panther.

STEALTH DODGE
When Black Panther rolls defense dice against an attacking figure who is not adjacent, one shield will block all damage.

VIBRANIUM SUIT
Black Panther never takes leaving engagement attacks and is not affected by normal or major falls. Black Panther is still affected by extreme falls.
Is Black Panther still affected by molten lava and special attacks? I ask, since you decided to start listing things he's still affected by. (i.e. you should cut that line, IMO).

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations