Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Board Games
Other Board Games Board games that are not Heroscape.

Old March 21st, 2013, 08:36 PM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth
Re: Kickstarter: What game(s) are you currently Kickstarting

Quote:
Originally Posted by spidysox View Post
I'm backing Zombicide season 2 (I got in at the level to get all of the stuff) and backed Dungeon Roll. These were my first dips into the Kickstarter world. I'm excited to get all of the extras that come along with it. To bad I have to wait so long to get it

Heck, I backed Police Precinct last February and just got it around the new year this year. But it was worth the wait.

Hand of fate is moving and the finger points to you
...Iron Maiden - The Wicker Man

TUTORIAL FOR RE-BASING FIGURES

3hrs 43mins 32secs = 1242nd of 8808 overall - 1988 Honolulu Marathon
Old March 21st, 2013, 08:40 PM
Chewer of Cats

akden wears ripped pants of awesomeness akden wears ripped pants of awesomeness akden wears ripped pants of awesomeness akden wears ripped pants of awesomeness akden wears ripped pants of awesomeness akden wears ripped pants of awesomeness akden wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I just backed the new Flashpoint expansion. I think the base game is excellent, and this looks to be pretty fun, as well.
Old March 22nd, 2013, 08:52 AM
I reserve my inappropriate love for Heroscape.

Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

I'm in on Flashpoint: Extreme Danger also and I still haven't even played all of the stuff from the last KS.

Currently backing:
Zombicide Season 2
Sails of Glory (I am a sucker for naval games)
Alice's Adventures in Wonderland (I know the creator)
Walk the Plank (Get Bit Prequel)

That is pretty light for me, but Wild West Exodus just finished and that one will end up being a problem (>1k ) with my wife, so I might keep a low KS profile for a month or two.

I do agree with spidysox, that the wait is the worst part. It's one reason to keep backing projects. I started a little over a year ago and now have a steady flow coming in, since most games have a similar lead time.
Old March 22nd, 2013, 10:33 AM
Chewer of Cats

akden wears ripped pants of awesomeness akden wears ripped pants of awesomeness akden wears ripped pants of awesomeness akden wears ripped pants of awesomeness akden wears ripped pants of awesomeness akden wears ripped pants of awesomeness akden wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gurei-Ornery View Post
That is pretty light for me, but Wild West Exodus just finished and that one will end up being a problem (>1k ) with my wife, so I might keep a low KS profile for a month or two..
I'm rooting for you. I hope you can make it through the coming storm.

Quote:
I do agree with spidysox, that the wait is the worst part. It's one reason to keep backing projects. I started a little over a year ago and now have a steady flow coming in, since most games have a similar lead time.
I think the wait is also one of the reasons that I back more games as well. Once something funds, while I'm waiting, I look at something else, and hey, that looks cool...

Zpocalypse has been the longest wait for me by far. The turnaround for that game was right at 11 months, part of the problem likely being is that they were victims of their own success and had to produce much more than they anticipated. Otherwise, it usually seems to take around 6 months or so (although I backed Goblins Drool, Fairies Rule for my daughter eight months ago, and I'm still waiting). In my experience, the fastest deliveries have been Greater Than Games (with the Sentinels of the Multiverse expansions) and Small Box Games. It seems like those companies are able to deliver within 3 or 4 months consistently (and they produce great games), so I'm happy to support them.

There are definitely some horror stories out there. Like Katalyka . It was funded in August 2011, and there are pages of threads over at BGG.com about it all the circumstances surrounding the game. I truly don't know what to say about that one.
Old March 22nd, 2013, 01:46 PM

Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by akden View Post
Quote:
That is pretty light for me, but Wild West Exodus just finished and that one will end up being a problem (>1k ) with my wife, so I might keep a low KS profile for a month or two..
I'm rooting for you. I hope you can make it through the coming storm.
Whatever you do, don't mention it if she is at the next tournament, I paid for most of it through a shadow Paypal account.
Old April 23rd, 2013, 11:10 PM

jbbnbsmith is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jbbnbsmith is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jbbnbsmith is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jbbnbsmith is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jbbnbsmith is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jbbnbsmith is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jbbnbsmith is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jbbnbsmith is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jbbnbsmith is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jbbnbsmith is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Anybody backing Myth? I don't think I need another co-op game at the moment, and I definitely don't need to drop another $100 on Kickstarter right now, but holy cow that's a lot of plastic!
Old April 24th, 2013, 12:01 AM
Don't Need Range in the Knight-time & Gencon Main Event Champion - 2018

Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbbnbsmith View Post
Anybody backing Myth? I don't think I need another co-op game at the moment, and I definitely don't need to drop another $100 on Kickstarter right now, but holy cow that's a lot of plastic!
I am so close to doing it...

Dragon Dice - (the 2nd best game there is) Learn to Play!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1h3q6...wujcr8vVf8e21G

Last edited by Matthias Maccabeus; April 24th, 2013 at 12:24 AM. Reason: BOOM! It's backed... First Kickstarter for me
Old April 24th, 2013, 12:21 AM
Monokidnatic

Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

I've got Mice & Mystics to fill that particular niche.

I am backing the Belfort Expansion Expansion though...

...and Tasnia, and Terammyd: Earthsphere, and Francis Drake...

Don't think of it as being outnumbered. Think of it as having a wide shot selection!
Scaper of the Week #17
How to get to Skyknight's house: Drive to the red light, then call him.

Last edited by Jim; April 24th, 2013 at 12:21 AM. Reason: I don't have a board game buying problem. I have no problem at all buying them!
Old April 24th, 2013, 06:57 AM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim View Post
I've got Mice & Mystics to fill that particular niche.

I am backing the Belfort Expansion Expansion though...

...and Tasnia, and Terammyd: Earthsphere, and Francis Drake...

Yeah, likewise with Mice & Mystics filling that niche for me.

Terammyd: Earthsphere and Francis Drake look pretty neat, but I dropped a bunch (for me anyway, as I'm no G-O) on the SMG Red Devils kickstarter, and just ordered Kemet, Terra Mystica and City of Remnants. So no more funds for the cool new kickstarters

I backed Dungeon Roll not too long ago, but that was only $15.

Hand of fate is moving and the finger points to you
...Iron Maiden - The Wicker Man

TUTORIAL FOR RE-BASING FIGURES

3hrs 43mins 32secs = 1242nd of 8808 overall - 1988 Honolulu Marathon
Old April 24th, 2013, 06:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthias Maccabeus View Post
Quote:
I have been in and out of it. It will be a tough decision in the next couple of hours.
Old April 24th, 2013, 08:35 AM

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthias Maccabeus View Post
Quote:
I have been in and out of it. It will be a tough decision in the next couple of hours.
I was sucked in by the possibility of the Drake at 900k. I am so weak.
Old April 24th, 2013, 12:20 PM

jbbnbsmith is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jbbnbsmith is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jbbnbsmith is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jbbnbsmith is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jbbnbsmith is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jbbnbsmith is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jbbnbsmith is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jbbnbsmith is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jbbnbsmith is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jbbnbsmith is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Well, I passed on Myth, but I'll probably regret it when I see how much the different exclusive figures are selling for on Ebay this time next year. Still, I have better things to do with my time than try to make money speculating on board games. For those who made the purchase it looks like you got an amazing deal.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Board Games