Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Heroscape Strategy Articles
Heroscape Strategy Articles Heroscape Strategy Articles with discussions. Including Order Markers, Units, Game Play, etc.

View Poll Results: Marcu or the Dumutef Guard?
They are equaly good 6 9.68%
Dumutef Guard 9 14.52%
Marcu 40 64.52%
They are both bad, go with Swog Rider 3 4.84%
Can't decide 4 6.45%
Voters: 62. You may not vote on this poll

Old August 27th, 2007, 07:01 PM

STAROCEAN980 knows what's in an order marker STAROCEAN980 knows what's in an order marker
Marcu over Dumutef Guard?

Has The Dumutef Guard been outclassed by Marcu? I was wondering because before when you had 25 points left your only options were a Dumutef or Swog Rider. Now for only 20 points we have a 6 life 4 attk 1 def 7 move and flying with life drain. The only downside to him is low def wich he makes up for with life and a 4 in 20 chance of turning against you for a turn.

The Dumutef Guard has good attk and def at 4 each but has 1 life and 6 move without flying. I'll admit the Dumutef is still good at defending a road or castle with his road bonus, and is also useful in a devourer heavy army with his attack enhancement. He also has a common status so you can draft multiples, and is large wich makes him less vulnerable to many special attacks and abilities.

I think that as a filler Marcu is a much better choice but as a supporter the Dumutef is better.

Please remember this poll is based mostly on taking the role of a filler. So, please say wich you think is better and why.

My maps:

R.I.P. Ugly-Caco
Old August 27th, 2007, 07:08 PM
Sleeps with Monkeys

Hendal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hendal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hendal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hendal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hendal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hendal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hendal wears ripped pants of awesomeness
wouldn't it be a 4 in 20 chance ( 20 %), at 17 or higher??

I would go with Marcu I guess, keep it real....... real interesting!

Heroscape - The Game I Have Waited My Whole Life For!
GenCon - a must for any true Scaper!
Old August 27th, 2007, 07:12 PM

STAROCEAN980 knows what's in an order marker STAROCEAN980 knows what's in an order marker
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hendal
wouldn't it be a 4 in 20 chance ( 20 %), at 17 or higher??
Oh yeah it would, sorry about that. It's fixed.

My maps:

R.I.P. Ugly-Caco
Old August 27th, 2007, 07:31 PM
Sleeps with Monkeys

Hendal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hendal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hendal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hendal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hendal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hendal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hendal wears ripped pants of awesomeness
I think this is a great question! Marcu is 5 pts. less, which should give him an edge there ( 20% less cost ), so the question comes down to if you have 25 pts left, do you waste 5 and take Marcu?

A lot would depend on your style of play I think. What fits into your army. On a road heavy board I might go DG.

I have never used Marcu, so I am just guessing on this. I think he would be a better finisher then the DG, and since if I do pick the DG he is usually the last guy used, I would pick Marcu, and then use him last.

Heroscape - The Game I Have Waited My Whole Life For!
GenCon - a must for any true Scaper!
Old August 27th, 2007, 07:56 PM

Mindfreak is surprisingly tart
ooohh tough one. I've only used each once.
Ithink Dumtef got killed before did any damage. But Marcu Betrayed me. But when i regained controled He killed Drake and probablly turned the tide of the game... so marcu
Old August 27th, 2007, 08:05 PM

It's almost impossible for Marcu to not do his points in damage.(unless he betrays you and flies into the lava . ) And DG is a great supporter in a army with lots of devourers, or a map with lots of road.

My maps:

R.I.P. Ugly-Caco
Old August 27th, 2007, 08:29 PM

Vlad the Impaler has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by STAROCEAN980
It's almost impossible for Marcu to not do his points in damage.(unless he betrays you and flies into the lava . ) And DG is a great supporter in a army with lots of devourers, or a map with lots of road.
I heartily object! I've done at least one hundred points worth of damage with him, and he betrays me at least twice a game. if you can't do anything with this guy, then step aside, my friend.

alot of people say life is like a card game. well, I have news for them: in the card games, the bad hand does not yell back at you.
Old August 27th, 2007, 08:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vlad the Impaler
Quote:
I heartily object! I've done at least one hundred points worth of damage with him, and he betrays me at least twice a game. if you can't do anything with this guy, then step aside, my friend.

My maps:

R.I.P. Ugly-Caco
Old August 27th, 2007, 08:39 PM
"our design team knows what it's doing"

NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth
Vlad, I think you skipped reading a word...

Quote:

Arena of the Valkyire - Help create Heroscape's next Master Set!
Trade List
C3V Brainstorm
never not funny
Pepperony - 14/09/13
Old August 27th, 2007, 09:22 PM

ares834 is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
I agree with everyone who says Marcu is better. I use him as a cheap mop up hero for late game. Due to his mobility and high attack.
Old August 27th, 2007, 09:57 PM

MegadeV knows what's in an order marker MegadeV knows what's in an order marker
I'd probably take Isamu and waste 15 points instead of taking Marcu or a Dumutef. But if I had to choose between those two, it would most likely be Marcu.

9+ RotV - 7 SotM - 6 FotAk - 6 RttFF - 3 VW - 3 TT - 3 TJ - 1 Marvel - 3+ of each common - playing since Dec '05

Megadev's Repaints and Customs
BattletechScape
Old August 27th, 2007, 10:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NecroBlade
Vlad, I think you skipped reading a word...

Quote:
Thank you Necro.

My maps:

R.I.P. Ugly-Caco

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Heroscape Strategy Articles