Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > C3V and SoV Customs
C3V and SoV Customs A place for C3V and SoV customs

Old January 14th, 2021, 01:20 AM

Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: Suggestions for the C3V

One of the (many) things I appreciated about classic scape was how each faction of soulborgs had a unique aesthetic and mechanical themes that made each faction feel cohesive and distinct. Personally, I would love to see C3V develop a soulborg faction for Einar and I think that using miniatures based on Japanese mecha/gundam designs would be an incredibly thematic and visually interesting way to introduce soulborgs into Einar’s ranks.

As I was doing some research into potential miniatures for such a faction, I found a line of prepainted Gundam miniatures that actually seem to be the perfect size for heroscape soulborgs. I present to you, Shokugan - Mobile Suit Gundam - FW Gundam Converge Gold Edition

Each figure is prepainted and stands approximately 2.2” inches tall, which is roughly the same size as Deathwalker 9000. The miniatures pictured above are just the most recent release in the Gundam Converge line, which over the past ten years has released 21 sets of miniatures similar to the set pictured above.

Now, from what I can tell, the distribution model for these sets in the US is somewhat strange. Whereas they seem to be very popular and relatively inexpensive in Japan, they are somewhat more difficult to find in the US. I was able to find individual models from the Converge Line available from places like Ebay, Walmart, or Barnes & Noble for $7.00-$15.00 each. However, the gold set shown above, which I think would be the best fit for Einar aesthetically, is currently available for preorder from several stores for ~$56.00 including shipping.

https://www.amazon.com/Shokugan-Mobi.../dp/B08D9D6VRN

https://www.figurise.com/fw-gundam-c...-box-of-8.html

https://www.kingcobraofflorida.com/p...ea27c690&_ss=r

https://www.bigbadtoystore.com/produ...erm=MSG-131204

What’s strange is that each box set is guaranteed to come with one of each of the five variants pictured above, plus three random duplicates. At $7.00 per miniature they’re still a little on the more expensive side of things, but it's pretty comparable to the recent starfinder releases, if not cheaper once you factor in the cost of shipping for the starfinder sets. While the random nature of the three duplicates is potentially problematic, my hope is that enough people in the heroscapers community would be willing to purchase the boxes and then sell off their duplicates individually that those who don’t want to deal with buying the whole set could easily just buy the individual models they want from other members of the community. It’s certainly not ideal, but in this case I think that the potential of developing an aesthetically unified soulborg faction that feels like a thematic fit for Einar could be worth the unorthodox distribution model.

Even if the gold box doesn’t end up having enough availability to be viable as a c3v release, I hope that c3v keeps the Gundam Converge line in mind as a potential source of Einar soulborgs in the future. At this point I haven’t done enough research to know one way or the other, but it's also possible that there is an older wave from the Converge line with even better availability.

To get a better sense of the scale and paint job of these models, you can watch this unboxing and review here. As you can see in the video, there is a very small amount of assembly required, but overall it looks like assembling these guys would be significantly easier than rebasing something like Axentia or Marutuk.

Regardless of whether or not an Einar Soulborg ever joins the VC canon, thanks for all you folks have done and are doing to keep Heroscape going strong!

Last edited by Captain Stupendous; January 14th, 2021 at 02:50 AM.
Old January 14th, 2021, 07:40 AM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

Cool minis.
C3G is working on actual Gundam designs if you are interested in that at all.
Old January 14th, 2021, 11:04 AM

Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tornado View Post
Cool minis.
C3G is working on actual Gundam designs if you are interested in that at all.
I actually haven't ever watched any Gundam media before. I just thought the minis looked cool, and that the Japanese aesthetic would be a thematic nod to Einar's affinity for samurai and serve as a great way of tying the new soulborg faction together visually.

What miniatures are you folks using for the c3g designs? If there are more Gundam miniatures out there that would be compatible with Heroscape, I would hope that the c3v team could consider using those if the Gundam Converge line doesn't work out.
Old January 14th, 2021, 11:24 AM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

The big ones. In effort to get them somewhat in scale but still fit on two hexes.
Probably too big for C3V but you never know, they have done some really innovative designs.
@Soundwarp SG-1 is the man to ask on the subject.
Old January 14th, 2021, 05:40 PM
PDFin' sweet self spammer

lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth

While I like Gundam, I think Battleball should be next.
Quote:
Originally Posted by lefton4ya View Post
I also approve BattleBall. 22 figures for <$15-20 is a good deal, and yes there are enough for 2 different 3-4 figured common squads with 2 copies each, and then 8 unique/uncommon heroes, similar to SotM and D&D sets. You can buy on eBay or BoardGameGeek Market for $10-20 (plus shipping) fairly easily, and honestly this is way easier to get than buying individual figures for most C3V releases, even buying 2 copies. We need some more Mariedians and Soulborg figures, so these are decent options. You can even make customs that use 6, 8, 10, or 12 sided dice for a power. Not to mention, anyone who buys can play Advanced Battleball by @mrbistro .

P.S. I second @surerfrog's link to Before Heroscape - the best post on this entire site.
Quote:
I think if we finished what is in the pipeline, we then could created a whole wave using just Magic: AotP figures (which has mostly fantasy units) and Battleball (which is mostly futuristic) and it would be a complete set of Craig Van Ness and Stephen Baker designed figures. And my opinion is to make some common squads/heroes and some unique squads and heroes from each, as many people (including myself) already have sets of both games, and at or less than $1 per figure they are both cheaper than any pre-painted figure anywhere besides common Heroclix, not to mention it is way easier for most people to get than having to scour tons of sites to get single figures.

Am I the only one who wants to see a race of Cylons in Heroscape (or Cyborgs if you are not a BSG fan) as Battleball figs would be great for that - someone can create a story that says the Mariedians infiltrated Soulborgs or vice-versa, and yes use Isadora as a planet for some.
Old January 14th, 2021, 07:52 PM
Sally Struthers' other brother

robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
I have like 4 copies of this game and the miniatures. It's occasionally found in thrift stores and of course cheap resale on eBay. Was originally going to use some as proxies for gladiatrons but I have plenty of 3D printed ones now. So I'm repainting much of them as different soulborgs. They are great figures given they are made by the original sculptor who did Heroscape.

C3V and SoV! Fanscape r0xxorz!!
Old January 14th, 2021, 10:27 PM
Friendly Neighborhood Librarian

wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Quote:
I also approve BattleBall. 22 figures for <$15-20 is a good deal, and yes there are enough for 2 different 3-4 figured common squads with 2 copies each, and then 8 unique/uncommon heroes, similar to SotM and D&D sets. You can buy on eBay or BoardGameGeek Market for $10-20 (plus shipping) fairly easily, and honestly this is way easier to get than buying individual figures for most C3V releases, even buying 2 copies. We need some more Mariedians and Soulborg figures, so these are decent options. You can even make customs that use 6, 8, 10, or 12 sided dice for a power. Not to mention, anyone who buys can play Advanced Battleball by @mrbistro .

P.S. I second @surerfrog's link to Before Heroscape - the best post on this entire site.
Quote:
I think if we finished what is in the pipeline, we then could created a whole wave using just Magic: AotP figures (which has mostly fantasy units) and Battleball (which is mostly futuristic) and it would be a complete set of Craig Van Ness and Stephen Baker designed figures. And my opinion is to make some common squads/heroes and some unique squads and heroes from each, as many people (including myself) already have sets of both games, and at or less than $1 per figure they are both cheaper than any pre-painted figure anywhere besides common Heroclix, not to mention it is way easier for most people to get than having to scour tons of sites to get single figures.

Am I the only one who wants to see a race of Cylons in Heroscape (or Cyborgs if you are not a BSG fan) as Battleball figs would be great for that - someone can create a story that says the Mariedians infiltrated Soulborgs or vice-versa, and yes use Isadora as a planet for some.
I picked up a set a while ago for a great price.

You can't do much better for prepainted minis to fill out a sci fi faction.

wriggz's custom Figures, Terrain and Glyphs
Old January 15th, 2021, 04:25 PM
A Happy Extradimensional Horror

Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death!

I'm a really big fan of those Gundam minis.
Old January 15th, 2021, 06:43 PM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

Yes, definitely.

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =
Old January 16th, 2021, 04:53 AM

Climbing ice is surprisingly tart

I'm sorry if this isn't the right place to ask this, but I'm a total beginner with this site. I recently got some custom figures off ebay that don't seem to be approved by the community, but already have cards and are widely available. I think they are really neat units but probably overpowered for their point cost. Is there a way to get a few people play-testing them in order to reasses their stats and maybe one day be adopted by C3V? Again, sorry if this is the wrong place or if it's a dumb question. The units are RUNED SKULL BEETLE and CEREBRAX.
Old January 16th, 2021, 10:36 AM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

I believe you are looking for SoV.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old January 16th, 2021, 01:13 PM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Climbing ice View Post
I'm sorry if this isn't the right place to ask this, but I'm a total beginner with this site. I recently got some custom figures off ebay that don't seem to be approved by the community, but already have cards and are widely available. I think they are really neat units but probably overpowered for their point cost. Is there a way to get a few people play-testing them in order to reasses their stats and maybe one day be adopted by C3V? Again, sorry if this is the wrong place or if it's a dumb question. The units are RUNED SKULL BEETLE and CEREBRAX.
Welcome, climber! Shoot me a PM with the information you want to talk about, and I'll try to point you in the most productive direction.

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > C3V and SoV Customs