Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units
Official Units Discussion of official HeroScape units

Notices

Old December 19th, 2009, 06:41 PM
Creamed by Corn

GromBloodboy wears ripped pants of awesomeness GromBloodboy wears ripped pants of awesomeness GromBloodboy wears ripped pants of awesomeness GromBloodboy wears ripped pants of awesomeness GromBloodboy wears ripped pants of awesomeness GromBloodboy wears ripped pants of awesomeness GromBloodboy wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: The Book of Tandros Kreel

Carr will get him because of the stronger attack. Tandros's abilties are negated except for +2 Broadsword. Carr has Phantom walk, and a stronger attack becuase of SoR.

Tourney Record:17-10 (08/02/11)
Old December 19th, 2009, 06:41 PM

Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warlord Alpha View Post
Is that assuming that he is using 4 attack at 1 range the whole time?
It assumes that all battles are melee.
Old December 19th, 2009, 08:42 PM
Will Ultimately Face the Evil Black Dragon

Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth

From the book of Hatamoto Toro:

- ADJACENT TOUGH 1 : Figures That Follow Einar
When rolling defense, any adjacent unit that follows Einar may aid Hatamoto Taro through ADJACENT TOUGH 1 defense bonus.

Old December 19th, 2009, 09:05 PM
no baby bump - false alarm!

spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taeblewalker View Post

When rolling defense, any adjacent unit that follows Einar may aid Hatamoto Taro through ADJACENT TOUGH 1 defense bonus.
The faction-wide synergies generally don't go in the books, otherwise Hatamoto would be in every Einar Book. If you check around, he's not. Thanks for the heads-up though, TW.

~Spite
Old December 19th, 2009, 09:06 PM

Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by spiteofthedice View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taeblewalker View Post

The faction-wide synergies generally don't go in the books, otherwise Hatamoto would be in every Einar Book. If you check around, he's not. Thanks for the heads-up though, TW.

~Spite
In that case, ignore my similar comment about Ornak in the Othkurik book.

Old December 20th, 2009, 11:37 PM

At first it bothered me that the player controlling Tandros had no choice but to always have the enemy attack him instead of attacking an ally of Tandros' that was also adjacent to the attacking figure. Then I realized that even if the player controlling Tandros could turn the power on and off at will, any time that you would want the opponent to be free to attack someone other than Tandros, your opponent would probably elect to attack him anyway. For example, if Tandros was very wounded, or if Krug was the other potential target. Therefore, it seems a moot point to worry about letting the player controlling Tandros have a switch on the power.

Overall, great design! I just wish he had Broadsword +3...

Old December 21st, 2009, 01:12 AM
Creamed by Corn

GromBloodboy wears ripped pants of awesomeness GromBloodboy wears ripped pants of awesomeness GromBloodboy wears ripped pants of awesomeness GromBloodboy wears ripped pants of awesomeness GromBloodboy wears ripped pants of awesomeness GromBloodboy wears ripped pants of awesomeness GromBloodboy wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I just thought about this, and am happy to know it now. This guy will be a complete murder against armies that feature expensive melee squads (Minions and Sentinels) and some cheaper units such as knights. By killing a knight, you can designate to kill the more expensive and better defensive fig without rolling to hit them. Might have been obvious before, but felt like I should state it. This guy is just, at least for me, a total anti-squad hero.

Tourney Record:17-10 (08/02/11)
Old December 21st, 2009, 08:58 AM
Did you know that 5 exclamation points is a sign of insanity?

Kroc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Kroc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Kroc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Kroc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Kroc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Kroc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Kroc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Kroc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Kroc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Rev kindly requests that pre-release speculation go into the thread Tai-pan created for this purpose.
Old December 24th, 2009, 08:58 AM
no baby bump - false alarm!

spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun

Alright, I've proxied him.

He is a beast (not literally, put the arrow gruts away).

The great thing about 7 Lives and a 4 Defense is that ALL his abilities have time to come into play. I sent him off on his own while the rest of the party set up. He was able to knock some Drow heads in, once with Broadsword, put some hurt on a troll and then bring himself back to the group to lock up Pelloth so Erevan could move in (Erevan, who is also getting more garbage than he deserves).

He is strong enough to stand on his own and still get back to boost the group. Wow.

Versatility is what you get with Tandros. He is hearty enough to play in any number of ways, in any number of terrain/army/opponent situations. My main reaction to having tried him out is that I can't wait to take him out of the DnD scene and play him against some Romans or Orcs. I think he can definitely stand up to ranged attacks, but he also makes the melee-battle a LOT more powerful. And with room to move, he can fight on his own, help other figures, pretty much whatever the heck you want him to do. He's got the stats for it.

~Spite, hoping for a squad that follows a human Fighter
Old January 3rd, 2010, 04:52 PM

padlock rolls all skulls baby! padlock rolls all skulls baby! padlock rolls all skulls baby! padlock rolls all skulls baby!

I've got a question about combat challenge. Under what conditions does it prevent a figure being attacked. Say figure A is engaged to both Tandros and figure B. Assume also that Tandros and figure B are adjacent. Can figure A attack figure B under the following conditions:

1. if they have multiple attacks and have already attacked Tandros this turn (i.e. Q10 or Kaemon Awa first attacking Tandros and then attacking figure B)?

2. if they have a single attack that allows them to choose additional figures to be affected (i.e. Othkurik's acid spray or Gueri-Oni's Tetsubo)?

3. if they have an area of effect attack which affects all adjacent figures (ie. Jotun's wild swing, or DW9K's explosion)?
Old January 3rd, 2010, 05:02 PM

Sujoah wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sujoah wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sujoah wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sujoah wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sujoah wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sujoah wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sujoah wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by padlock View Post
I've got a question about combat challenge. Under what conditions does it prevent a figure being attacked. Say figure A is engaged to both Tandros and figure B. Assume also that Tandros and figure B are adjacent. Can figure A attack figure B under the following conditions:

1. if they have multiple attacks and have already attacked Tandros this turn (i.e. Q10 or Kaemon Awa first attacking Tandros and then attacking figure B)?

2. if they have a single attack that allows them to choose additional figures to be affected (i.e. Othkurik's acid spray or Gueri-Oni's Tetsubo)?

3. if they have an area of effect attack which affects all adjacent figures (ie. Jotun's wild swing, or DW9K's explosion)?
I would think that 2 and 3 would work, but I'm not part of the rules team. It would probably be a good idea to get an official ruling on this.
Old January 3rd, 2010, 05:07 PM

Bonecrusher rolls all skulls baby! Bonecrusher rolls all skulls baby! Bonecrusher rolls all skulls baby! Bonecrusher rolls all skulls baby! Bonecrusher rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by padlock View Post

1. No
2. Yes, but Tandros has to be targeted first, then another figure can be targeted.
3. Jotun's swing requires you to select a figure to attack (has to be Tandros). Any other figures are also attacked. In general, yes.

Quote:
Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units