Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > AotV Customs
AotV Customs A place for Arena of the Valkyrie Customs

Old January 5th, 2020, 06:32 PM
I could go

flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: [AotV] Pre-Brainstorming Thread

The idea was especially true if Arlinn was gonna officially be a shapeshifting werewolf.

Here’s the basic idea:

Wolf Mother
Aquilla
Hybrid/Lycanthrope
Shaman
Wild
Medium 4
Life 6
Move 5
Range 1
Attack 2
Defense 2

Aspect of the Wolf Spirit: Before taking a turn with Wolf Mother, you may transform. Replace Wolf Mother with Aspect of Wolf and immediately take a turn with Aspect of Wolf.
Spirit Guide: Whenever you roll the 20 sided die for a figure’s special ability within 4 clear sight spaces you may add 1 to your roll.

Aspect of Wolf
(Bigger stats + a noncheerleader power. Maybe no transforming back?

My customs.
NE Ohio Tourney - TBA
SW Ohio Tourney - NHSD 550 points
AotV - Colliding the minis of AotP with the world of HS.
Old January 6th, 2020, 03:47 AM
A Happy Extradimensional Horror

Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death!

Good ideas - keep them in mind.
Old February 22nd, 2020, 11:22 PM

Ketchupgeek is surprisingly tart

Idea for the Eldrazi Scions based on talk in the discord server using a non-restricted version of an Omnicron Repulsor ability:

Accretio Hatchlings

Species Accretio
Unique Squad
Class Minions
Personality Nihilistic
SIZE HEIGHT Medium 4

LIFE 1
MOVE 6
RANGE 1 (maybe 2 if embracing the tentacles/needs something else)
ATTACK 2
DEFENSE 4

60 POINTS

Temporal Distortion:
If an Accretio Hatchling you control successfully defends an attack, you must roll the 20 sided die. If you roll a 14 or higher, the attacking figure must immediately end its turn.
Old February 23rd, 2020, 11:41 PM

All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Some brainstorming for the Phoenixes occurred on the Discord channel. Here were some of the ideas for resurrection-type powers they could have.

(PLACEHOLDER 1)
Before taking a turn with (unit), place all previously destroyed Phoenixes on spaces adjacent to any Phoenix you control. At the end of the turn, you must destroy a Phoenix for each PHoenix placed with (power name).

(PLACEHOLDER 2)
At the beginning of the round, you may place (a/all) previously destroyed (unit) adjacent to any (unit) you control.

(PLACEHOLDER 3)
When (unit) receives one or more wounds, roll d20. On X or higher, ignore any wounds received and inflict a wound on (a/all) adjacent unit without the lava resistant special power. (Possible divider-style resurrection mechanic combined with very low defense)

If you were in that convo, let me know if I missed something you wanted to highlight here.
Old February 24th, 2020, 03:19 PM
PDFin' sweet self spammer

lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth

For the Eldrazi Scions, will I get shot if I suggest bonding with Ozuul (Eldrazi Ruiner)? And also maybe immunity to GRAVITY PULL & CRUSHING VORTEX SPECIAL ATTACK (or else edit Ozuul to give immunity to Scions based on species Accretio, etc.)

For Phoenixes's we could reuse Thanos/Azazel's rejected by death, but be the whole squad.
Quote:
REJECTED BY DEATH
At the start of each of your turns after at least one Phoenix has been destroyed, roll the 20-sided die. If you roll a 19 or higher, immediately place all previously destroyed Phoenixes on a space adjacent to any figure you control.
Or up the # to like 11 but only have one Phoenix come back each time. Or do similar to water clone except you can do AND take a turn and you roll for destroyed figures:
Quote:
After revealing an order marker on Phoenixes, one at a time, roll the 20-sided die for each destroyed Phoenix. If you roll a 15 or higher, place a previously destroyed Phoenixes on a same-level space adjacent to a Phoenix in play.
Old February 24th, 2020, 04:21 PM
I could go

flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun

I certainly won’t shoot you @lefton4ya .

I’m not against bonding from the Scions towards Ozuul if he stays a non-Outsider race. I won’t advocate them bonding with units who haven’t been released, because we can’t test them. It’ll be a different thing when they do get released.

Immunity/Auto-Shields to specials are fine in my opinion.

A rebranded Rejected by Death can work for the birds. I’d rather the roll be a 20, just because of how easy turn stacking is in Classic. I’ve heard enough flak about how “OP” Azazel is from in-person games that I’d rather take it into account than not.

A once per turn roll can work, but we have to tune the # carefully because single attack heroes will exist in a large amount for the master set.

My customs.
NE Ohio Tourney - TBA
Old February 24th, 2020, 08:48 PM

Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death!

I don't like bonding on unique squads. Not traditional bonding, anyway. There would have to be a compelling reason for it. And traditional bonding is not, itself, a compelling reason.
Old March 1st, 2020, 11:56 AM
"our design team knows what it's doing"

NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth

I'm not against Bonding, but the main thing to be careful of is power level relative to other, synergy-less things in the set. I've always been behind the Special Attack-defense of some kind (and with that in mind is why I preferred Ozuul's attack getting a bonus for adjacent figures, so you could purposefully draw some Space Shrimp™ in to boost the attack while relying on their auto-shield or whatever to survive).

For the Phoenices, resurrection of some kind does make sense (and probably caps us out on that mechanic for the set, between them, the Glyph, and the Soul Guides). Maybe something as simple an instead-of-attacking mini DW7K (say 15+ for 1 wound to all adjacent, then destroy itself) plus Rejected by Death style regen (roll once for each, 20+ brings it back).

Arena of the Valkyire - Help create Heroscape's next Master Set!
Trade List
C3V Brainstorm
never not funny
Pepperony - 14/09/13
Old March 2nd, 2020, 12:49 AM

Owlman rolls all skulls baby! Owlman rolls all skulls baby! Owlman rolls all skulls baby! Owlman rolls all skulls baby! Owlman rolls all skulls baby! Owlman rolls all skulls baby!

Hey, so I figured I'd brainstorm Sorin, Ghoul Vanguard, and Liliana, since they haven't been claimed by a pod yet. Here's what I got so far:

Sorin of the Eternal Thirst:

Undead
Unique Hero
Vampire
Tricky
Medium 5

Life: 8
Move: 8
Range: 1
Attack: 3
Defense: 2

Parasite Blade Special Attack

Range 1. Attack 3. If Sorin Esenwein inflicted at least 1 wound with this attack, you may roll the 20 sided die. On a result of a 13-19, you may automatically add 1 additional wound. On a result of a 20, destroy the figure.

Life Drain
Each time Sorin of the Eternal Thirst destroys a figure, you may remove a wound marker from this Army Card. Sorin of the Eternal Thirst cannot Life Drain destructible objects.

Stealth Flying
When counting spaces for Sorin of the Eternal Thirst's movement, ignore elevations. Sorin of the Eternal Thirst may fly over water without stopping, pass over figures without becoming engaged, and fly over obstacles such as ruins. When Sorin of the Eternal Thirst starts to fly, if he is engaged he will not take any leaving engagement attacks.

Liliana Vess

Undead
Unique Hero
Sorceress
Terrifying
Medium 4

Life: 6
Move: 5
Range: 4
Attack: 2
Defense: 3

Blend into Shadow

Liliana Vess starts the game with 2 Shadow Tile markers on her Army Card. If Liliana Vess ends her movement on an empty space, you may place a Shadow Tile from her Army Card onto the space she occupies if the Shadow Tile fits normally onto that space.

Summon the Ghoul Vanguard

After taking a turn with Liliana Vess, you may attempt to summon the Ghoul Vanguard if they have not been successfully summoned yet, and are in your army. Roll the 20 sided die. If you roll a 14 or higher, you may place all 3 Ghoul Vanguard onto any empty legal space within 5 spaces of Liliana Vess. After the Ghoul Vanuards are summoned you may immediately take a turn with them. (Any Ghoul Vanguards that cannot be legally placed are immediately destroyed.)

Life Drain

Each time Liliana Vess destroys a figure, you may remove a wound marker from this Army Card. Liliana Vess cannot Life Drain destructible objects.

Ghoul Vanguard

Undead
Unique Squad
Ghouls
Tormented
Medium 5

Life: 1
Move: 4
Range: 1
Attack: 2
Defense: 2

Soul Weapons

Figures attacked by a Ghoul Vanguard subtract 2 from their defense dice. (Destructible Objects are not affected by Soul Weapons.)

Phantom Walk

A Ghoul Vanguard may move thru all figures and is never attacked when leaving an engagement.

Intangible

A Ghoul Vanguard is considered to have no visible hit zone, unless he is attacked with a Special Attack.

"Our mother has been absent ever since we founded Rome; but there's gonna be a party when the wolf comes home."
Old March 2nd, 2020, 01:39 AM
I could go

Ghoul Vanguard is in with the Axe-wielding zombies to make a squad of 4, but keep the ideas coming!

My customs.
NE Ohio Tourney - TBA
Old March 2nd, 2020, 01:40 AM

Some good ideas. I know there was some talk about Sorin becoming an Esenwein (remember, we're changing names to work in Heroscape's canon, not Magic's) and remaining a vampire, so you're on the money there.

I do think that the "ghoul vanguard" would have to be re-themed as some sort of shadow monsters, to justify their unpainted nature.
Old March 2nd, 2020, 10:38 AM

Owlman rolls all skulls baby! Owlman rolls all skulls baby! Owlman rolls all skulls baby! Owlman rolls all skulls baby! Owlman rolls all skulls baby! Owlman rolls all skulls baby!

Yea, I originally called them "Shadow Demons" actually. I thought about "Sorin Esenwein" but his real name is much cooler I thought, lol. In his bio I was thinking what if he's Cyprien's chief rival on Feylund or something. I created custom cards of all them, just no pics. @Pumpkin King

@flame Gotcha, I guess make em more expensive then...? That'd be a cool 4 man squad to summon, mebbe 80-100 pts?

"Our mother has been absent ever since we founded Rome; but there's gonna be a party when the wolf comes home."

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > AotV Customs