Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion
HeroScape General Discussion General discussions of packaging, terrain, components, etc. If it doesn't fit in any other official category, put it here.

Notices

Old September 6th, 2006, 10:39 AM
Beautiful Colby

truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Upcoming Unit Speculation.

Well the title explains it all . I want to write an article about fan speculation of what might be in the chutes for Hasbro. Chime in with units you think we might see soon and what evidence supports it (evidence may include because it would be really freaking sweet)
Old September 6th, 2006, 10:47 AM

ugly1hornedmule knows what's in an order marker ugly1hornedmule knows what's in an order marker
One thing I think we will see is a ranged viper unit, Maybe something along the line of spitting vipers. Now that the Samuri are getting a ranged unit the last major group(types that have a few squards and a hero) that needs one is the vipers.
Old September 6th, 2006, 11:05 AM

Rajaat the Warbringer has disabled reputation
Maybe Valguard's Dreadguls, or even his father, Ulrick.

"Go forth, then, and avenge my death!"
-- The ghost of the English language
"A Kingdom of Loathing"
Old September 6th, 2006, 11:06 AM
Grindmaster

allskulls has disabled reputation
A wizard for Jandar because it would be really freaking sweet!

With knowledge of the flag bearers and the NA, I can see new Primadon units. Melee Primadons would be cool...with higher defense for a tougher Tough.

Also to note is the Jandar flag bearer. We should see more knights too. A lancing hero maybe?

I would personally like to see THAR, "the Viking with a gun"
Old September 6th, 2006, 11:35 AM

Kepler knows what's in an order marker Kepler knows what's in an order marker Kepler knows what's in an order marker
Looking past wave 6 I think we will see
1) a Dwarf squad or two (to go with the wave 6 Dwarf),
2) Dreadgulls for Valgard, and
3) More Kyrie (Vydar nees some and Ullar needs more).

What I would like to see are
1) a Centaur for Ullar,
2) more Giants (at least an evil one for Utgar -- maybe a cyclops),
3) more Wizards and Witches, and
4) some modern day police or SWAT team units.
Old September 6th, 2006, 11:38 AM

AgentX-127 Woo who?
Well, I know many of us are waiting for something to make playing Valguard viable (Dreadgulls.) The evidence is in Valguard's bio. Didn't see them in the Wave 6 preview photos, so maybe wave 7 or beyond?

I'm also hoping to see Ullar's nature theme extend to the plant kingdom...yes, I'm talking Ents! No evidence for that other than it fits with Ullar's nature (pun intended.)

I hope to see more Dwarves (I am convinced that Craig's "short viking" is a Dwarf, but when they turn Amazons into Elves, who knows?) A Dwarf squad seems likely. I'd give them crossbows.

More elves! Spellcaster Elves would be cool, with ranged attacks that don't utilize a gun or weapon. I was always hoping to have elvish Blade Dancer melee fighters, too, but the WoA seem like the answer to that. I don't like the looks of the WoA though. They don't really look elvish.

I'd like to see another Giant. Some still think we might see the Marro Giant shown on the Thormun's Journal:
http://www.heroscapers.com/community...triguing#73848
Old September 6th, 2006, 11:44 AM
Site Admin & Master Custom Creator

LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
I'd like to see some cav units like some Mongol horse raiders or British Cav. Some French Foreign Legion soldiers that get better when outnumbered would be cool. Now that castles are out we need some engineering units (sappers) to help with castle sieges.

For terrain I would like to see some standard buildings (ancient buildings, modern and futuristic) and possibly 3-D representation of glyphs and/or terrain objects.

Newb.
Old September 6th, 2006, 11:45 AM
Hotdoghead-Molesterface

kenjib rolls all skulls baby! kenjib rolls all skulls baby! kenjib rolls all skulls baby! kenjib rolls all skulls baby! kenjib rolls all skulls baby! kenjib rolls all skulls baby!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajaat the Warbringer
Maybe Valguard's Dreadguls, or even his father, Ulrick.
Here are some additional characters referred to but not made:

thormund (wrote the journal)
dunipia (see valguard's bio)
einar dragon (everyone else has one)
thorian (see drake's bio)
marhana (see sudema's bio)
arik (see thormun's journal)
marro giant rider (see thormun's journal)

A couple of them wouldn't make too much sense to make, but most of them would.
Old September 6th, 2006, 11:50 AM
Grindmaster

allskulls has disabled reputation
Astrid, Gerland, Dagmar, and the rest of the glyph folk.

Raknar, Orm, Mallodin, etc...
Old September 6th, 2006, 12:38 PM

bluekitsune13 has disabled reputation
Like Craig said at Gencon (I think), he said that the units will start to fill out. So, I'm hoping that some of the singular units thus far (such as the Knights of Weston, or the Anubian wolves) will have additional units to fit the theme. Not to say that every group should be as developed as the Orcs or Marro, but at least have 2 squads (with a hero or two) that fit a theme. A great example was the Blastatrons in wave 5 that fit in great with the Gladiatrons and Major X-17. Also I think that instead of just themes being extended, there should be more units that share special powers. This would give you more options when drafting. A great example would be the wolves.

The Anubian wolves seem like an unfinished theme. Khosumet's points aren't really justified with just them, as they're the only units now with Unleashed Fury. Perhaps another unit down the line could have that power, not necessarily wolves, but something that would look good together like the Vipers and Elves. But still, I do think there should be more wolves.

I also think we need more "modern" units. The closest we have now are the Airborne Elite and Sgt. Drake. Any more WWII units would be awesome, as well as any other more modern ones (as in not futuristic like the Krav or Microcorp Agents).

Also I think calvalry would be a great idea too. The only horse in the game is Me Burq Sa's, so I think we need more. Especially for the Knights of Weston, and perhaps the 4th Mass. Line.

A Dragon is also needed for Einar too, as are any other large or huge units. I'm thinking the designers are building up to something big, maybe even more powerful that Jotun!

Also, as meantioned before, and in the bios, the Dreadgulls need to make an appearance too, along with their leader Ulrick.

Old September 6th, 2006, 12:55 PM
Master Custom Creator

Karkadinn has disabled reputation
More gladiators, because ol' Sparts was obviously priced with additional gladiators in mind than just the other two medium power heroes we're seeing currently. I'm betting on a squad or heroes with some kind of movement bonding like the Nikitas have.
Skeletons and vampires, because really they're only a stone's throw away from zombies and mummies and ghosts.
Pirates, because they're one of the few major fantasy adventure archetypes not dipped into already. Possibly with some sort of mutiny drawback a la Hawthorne, or minor water-based abilities.
A unicorn mount for Ullar. It's too obvious to NOT do. Possibly would include healing powers to double as that general's equivalent of Kelda too.
War elephant for Einar, because it would go so well with his current themes. I'm betting on a self-contained fighting unit for this one, rather than any form of bonding or mount abilities, because it's kinda hard to climb on the back of an elephant in the middle of a fight.
Mounted lancer knights for Jandar, a more powerful knight squad minus bonding but with better stats and probably some kind of charge ability. Mounted knights are so strongly tied to the concept of knightdom that it's hard to imagine Hasbro eschewing them.
A sprinkling more of elf heroes. We've got the makings of a full-fledged elf army now, with both melee and range, so the next obvious step to fleshing out the race is to add heroes. They might have Frenzy enhancements, but I doubt they'd have a great deal of bonding, as that'd step on the orcs' theming too much. In any case, I'm betting they'll continue the overall elfy theme of glass cannons: Exceptional damage output, and minor 'agile' based defensive powers, but little raw durability.
A few more wizards, certainly. They're a classic archetype, and it's weird that the only one we've got now is an anti-magic type wizard. Genuine spellslingers are only a matter of time, and are appropriate for all factions save possibly Einar and Vydar.
Definitely Dreadgulls for Valguard, as many have said. It's incredibly weird that the only people he enhances right now are his mortal enemies, and that's bound to change.
Native Americans, because the cowboys need SOMETHING thematic to fight with after all. Almost certainly going to Ullar or Einar, but Jandar's a distant possibility.

What I'm really really hoping for, but doubt we'll see for various reasons - Siege equipment to counter castles, a hero for the Obsidian Guards, and a hero for the Dzu-Teh. All these would strongly hinge on people already having a previous expansion, which seems like a no go from a profitability pov, sadly.

Professional fiction
Fanfiction
To Ne-Gok-Sa
Like dating women
Statistics doom your players
Till they get lucky
Old September 6th, 2006, 02:35 PM
Mintiest of the Minty

markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Pirates

Apaches on horses

Carthagenians on war elephants

Orc on a Pterasaur

Dwarves

Centaur

Ogre

Chimera

Aliens (the crazier looking the better)

Zulus

And some sort of Thief hero

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion