Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > Misc Customs Project Forum
Misc Customs Project Forum A subforum for all project based customs that generate numerous threads related to the same project.

Old September 23rd, 2018, 06:53 AM

WatchmanWatcher is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
HeroSpace Project Thread

Hello!

Inspired by the Heroscape Giant thread, I would like to try and create a working version of some form of space combat game using the Heroscape ruleset. As most of my appropriately-sized miniatures are Star Wars ones, that's what I will be using to create a playable base game that the community is more than welcome to improve on!

Changes to the original rules:

All units are presumed to have the fly ability

Levels are ignored except for determining line of sight (which should be from any cockpit or bridge, if they are obvious)

I'll add to this 'list' once I begin testing the game. For now, the rules I have are as follows:

Spoiler Alert!

Normal HS units/scenery that interacts with HeroSpace games (if you want to play side-by-side)
Spoiler Alert!

Glyphs:
Spoiler Alert!

Last edited by WatchmanWatcher; September 26th, 2018 at 08:41 AM.
Old September 23rd, 2018, 08:34 AM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Re: HeroSpace Project Thread

So is the idea here that the battlefield scale will be such that spaceships will be the units represented (with people being too small to represent?).

Are you wanting to create any actual “outer space” terrain? (I envision a mostly black star field mat broken up by the occasional rock or stone piece representing cosmic bodies like meteors).

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old September 23rd, 2018, 08:57 AM

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

There are some cool maps here that are resisting my linking them to show them off, but if you Google "Hex Space Map" you'll see the kind of thing I had in mind.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old September 23rd, 2018, 09:07 AM

OK, did a gallery upload to help:

Old September 23rd, 2018, 10:17 AM
Just A Head

MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun

Neat idea! I feel like there could absolutely be some unique rules added to make it feel separate. Maybe some sort of aerial maneuvers?
Old September 23rd, 2018, 10:47 AM
A Happy Extradimensional Horror

Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death!

I actually had a similar idea involving nautical battles within the Heroscape universe. This looks interesting!
Old September 23rd, 2018, 10:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrNobody View Post
Neat idea! I feel like there could absolutely be some unique rules added to make it feel separate. Maybe some sort of aerial maneuvers?
I would think most of those maneuvers should come from special powers on cards.

Old September 23rd, 2018, 11:20 AM
Just A Head

MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman View Post
Quote:
This is a fair point. I think a good source of inspiration to look at would be OG Battlefront 2 space levels, which to me is the best space combat there is short of Starfox.
Old September 23rd, 2018, 12:01 PM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pumpkin_King View Post
I actually had a similar idea involving nautical battles within the Heroscape universe. This looks interesting!
Now that I really like.

A cloud can change its semblance, yet retain its will
With the intimacy of destruction, One knows what it is to be alive
The empty sky holds no reflection, for sorrow
- Eslo Rudkey
Old September 23rd, 2018, 12:19 PM
A Happy Extradimensional Horror

Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tornado View Post
Quote:
Now that I really like.
Don’t wanna steal time from the OP, but thank you! I never sat down to write it out, though.
Old September 23rd, 2018, 04:48 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tornado View Post
Quote:
Now that I really like.
Don’t wanna steal time from the OP, but thank you! I never sat down to write it out, though.
I'm more than happy if you want to work on other settings and post here
Old September 23rd, 2018, 04:50 PM

Quote:
OK, did a gallery upload to help:

Thanks for all your help - and yes, I see the game similar to how you do. I want to do terrain, but I don't know how I'd do it if everything is basically floating all the time (for example, how would LoS work with this terrain? do we just pretend this is a 2D world?)

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
This is a fair point. I think a good source of inspiration to look at would be OG Battlefront 2 space levels, which to me is the best space combat there is short of Starfox.
Thanks for the support guys. And thanks for this awesome idea! One of my other customs (the Giant-scale HS Helicopter squadrons) has something kinda like this, where it gains +1 defence if it doesn't attack on a turn. I'll add it to the tie fighter and X-wing and see how it goes

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > Misc Customs Project Forum