Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Arena of the Planeswalkers: MtG > AotP Blender
AotP Blender A place to discuss AotP customs and ways to integrate Heroscape with AotP.

Old July 11th, 2016, 12:53 PM
Silly quozl, dinosaurs are for orcs!

quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Re: Porting AotP Into Scape

Page 7 doesn't talk about objectives but it says how to keep playing after your planeswalker dies. Last 2 sentences of the Planeswalker Rules paragraph.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig Van Ness View Post
I highly recommend C3V and C3G customs!
Old July 11th, 2016, 02:59 PM

igelkott is surprisingly tart

Quote:
Originally Posted by quozl View Post
Page 7 doesn't talk about objectives but it says how to keep playing after your planeswalker dies. Last 2 sentences of the Planeswalker Rules paragraph.
ok, right...I see now.. That's there for the team scenarios where the objective is to kill both PWs. It allows the player with the dead PW to keep using their other units until the other PW dies (or they win).
Old July 11th, 2016, 03:29 PM

quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

It could be used that way, yes. I see it as the default way to play as presented in the rules. Scenarios modify the rules. However, I haven't seen Shadows Over Innistrad yet so maybe things are spelled out better in that rules booklet.

Quote:
Old July 11th, 2016, 04:33 PM

chas is hot lava death! chas is hot lava death! chas is hot lava death! chas is hot lava death! chas is hot lava death! chas is hot lava death! chas is hot lava death! chas is hot lava death! chas is hot lava death! chas is hot lava death! chas is hot lava death! chas is hot lava death! chas is hot lava death!

In all rules books, the default Scoring section if the game ends without a scenaro win is standard Scape: the player with the most points in figures on the board at the end wins. The first two scenarios in the Core game happen to be about killing Planeswalkers (one or both of the enemy PWs in the two or four player games). None of the three Innistrad scenarios are about killing PWs for victory; the first is about destroying Cryptoliths, and the other two about killing an entire player army or a number of enemy figure points.

Of course, if you do lose your PW, you're pretty finished, unless you're about to win with a creature on your next turn...and your point default count of figures left will be much lower without the PW!
Old July 11th, 2016, 06:24 PM

Kajoq rolls all skulls baby! Kajoq rolls all skulls baby! Kajoq rolls all skulls baby! Kajoq rolls all skulls baby! Kajoq rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by chas View Post

Of course, if you do lose your PW, you're pretty finished, unless you're about to win with a creature on your next turn...and your point default count of figures left will be much lower without the PW!
I've closed out several games with my remaining squads against a PW. Arlinn can be especially good for this, You can use her ability to stack some +1 ATK counters on your werewolves, then go in and lay on a serious hurtin'
Old July 11th, 2016, 09:28 PM
My six-year-old sister-in-law calls the shots

capsocrates is a man of the cloth capsocrates is a man of the cloth capsocrates is a man of the cloth capsocrates is a man of the cloth capsocrates is a man of the cloth capsocrates is a man of the cloth capsocrates is a man of the cloth capsocrates is a man of the cloth capsocrates is a man of the cloth capsocrates is a man of the cloth capsocrates is a man of the cloth capsocrates is a man of the cloth capsocrates is a man of the cloth capsocrates is a man of the cloth capsocrates is a man of the cloth

My take on another reason that the figures in AotP are so much cheaper is that they have to be summoned. They don't start on the board and require a Planeswalker to join the game. If you bypassed having to spend 300+ points on a Planeswalker to put them in a regular HS army then they would certainly be underpriced. The expense of the Planeswalker keeps you from mixing a few powerful AotP heroes and squads in with Q9 and Rats, for instance.

At least, by the rules for mixing the games which I use.

Your custom probably has too much Defense.
--
Come join the Heroes of Middle Earth in creating Lord of the Rings Customs!
--
Continuing Classic Heroscape: C3V SoV
Old July 12th, 2016, 08:36 AM
PDFin' sweet self spammer

lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth

I think what @capsocrates is saying is being summoned makes them more valuable but that price is hidden in the Planeswalker cost. Unlike Rechets or Air Drop, you don't have to roll for summon, so there is no chance they won't be summoned. However you get to have all your figures way down the battlefield exactly where you want them. I would pay extra for each hero and squad for the ability to be summoned. That is why in a combined game I would have heroscape figures on the battlefield and AotP figures be summoned, as otherwise it would be overpowered.
Old July 12th, 2016, 03:43 PM

MementoMori rolls all skulls baby! MementoMori rolls all skulls baby! MementoMori rolls all skulls baby! MementoMori rolls all skulls baby!

I'm too lazy and tired right now, but are there any HS and AotP units that are essentially the same so we could confirm if they are indeed cheaper?
Old July 12th, 2016, 04:16 PM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

Cultists and the Dividers are close but of course the Dividers are Common.

Out of the Unique Heroscape squads I am not immediately thinking of a comparison.
Looking through the list there are not many choices. There are no 4 figure squads in AotP and only one 2 figure squad in Heroscape and that is not a great match.

So we are left with Unique 3 figure squads in Heroscape, namely the Samurai. I do not think any AotP have CounterAttack but I could easily be wrong. That would be the best.

Zettian Guards (2) 70
Elite Onyx Vipers (3) 100
Izumi Samurai (3) 60
Kozuke Samurai (3) 100
Nakita Agents (3) 120
Ninjas of the Northern Wind (3) 110
Rechets of Bogdan (3) 50
Tagawa Samurai (3) 120

A cloud can change its semblance, yet retain its will
With the intimacy of destruction, One knows what it is to be alive
The empty sky holds no reflection, for sorrow
- Eslo Rudkey
Old July 12th, 2016, 05:53 PM
Online HS Season 10 Champion

vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth

I think the reason that AotP figures appear underpriced is that they were not at all intended to be on a similar point scale as Heroscape. It's fine if you disagree with me, but I think if you want to port them over and have really good results, you would need to do actual testing to get comparative point values
Old July 12th, 2016, 06:37 PM
My six-year-old sister-in-law calls the shots

capsocrates is a man of the cloth capsocrates is a man of the cloth capsocrates is a man of the cloth capsocrates is a man of the cloth capsocrates is a man of the cloth capsocrates is a man of the cloth capsocrates is a man of the cloth capsocrates is a man of the cloth capsocrates is a man of the cloth capsocrates is a man of the cloth capsocrates is a man of the cloth capsocrates is a man of the cloth capsocrates is a man of the cloth capsocrates is a man of the cloth capsocrates is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by lefton4ya View Post
I think what @capsocrates is saying is being summoned makes them more valuable but that price is hidden in the Planeswalker cost. Unlike Rechets or Air Drop, you don't have to roll for summon, so there is no chance they won't be summoned. However you get to have all your figures way down the battlefield exactly where you want them. I would pay extra for each hero and squad for the ability to be summoned. That is why in a combined game I would have heroscape figures on the battlefield and AotP figures be summoned, as otherwise it would be overpowered.
Kind of. A planeswalker that could not summon any units would be overpriced in HeroScape, thus I argue that AotP summoned units have part of their cost built into the cost of the Planeswalker and are underpriced if used without one.

Your custom probably has too much Defense.
--
Come join the Heroes of Middle Earth in creating Lord of the Rings Customs!
--
Continuing Classic Heroscape: C3V SoV
Old July 12th, 2016, 06:42 PM

Have you played any AotP units without a planeswalker?

Quote:

Go Back   Heroscapers > Arena of the Planeswalkers: MtG > AotP Blender