Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Miniatures
Other Miniatures Miniatures games besides Heroscape.

Old May 27th, 2016, 06:12 PM

keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby!
Re: X-Wing

Quote:
Originally Posted by capsocrates View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by keglo View Post
Hah! You see, THAT is the part that I am worried about.

I have about $40 bucks that I intended to spend to expand my small Heroscape set. But then I saw this post and watched a Youtube gameplay video for this game. It looks REALLY cool and like a lot of fun.

Now IF I was to get a core set, you recommend getting the Most Wanted pack? That would be better than getting both core sets?
It would add a third faction to your play and open up some double-duty ships to invest in next (Slave I, HWK, and one other).

Whether you should do that instead of a second Core set, well... I'm not sure.
Hmm, I want to think about this. Anyone have any idea how long this sale will last? I can't seem to find it on Coolstuffinc's site.

Great trades with Onacara, Gypsy, SirGalahad, elltrain, generalgina, Concord, Just_a_Bill, LongHeroscaper, janus19390, and the very generous obfuscatedhippo.
Old May 27th, 2016, 07:56 PM
"our design team knows what it's doing"

NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth

I don't see where it says how long the sale will last, either. (And I have to keep telling myself I don't really need more stuff right now...)

I would recommend one of each Core set. That gives you both types of X-Wings and both TIEs to play with, plus you can do a little bit of list-building with a few ships for each faction (though getting more/better upgrades from other packs will be key). You'll also find the extra dice very handy, and a second set of templates is nice if you're planning on playing with friends, too.

Arena of the Valkyire - Help create Heroscape's next Master Set!
317-149
C3V Brainstorm
Pepperony - 14/09/13
Old May 27th, 2016, 08:50 PM

keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NecroBlade View Post
I don't see where it says how long the sale will last, either. (And I have to keep telling myself I don't really need more stuff right now...)

I would recommend one of each Core set. That gives you both types of X-Wings and both TIEs to play with, plus you can do a little bit of list-building with a few ships for each faction (though getting more/better upgrades from other packs will be key). You'll also find the extra dice very handy, and a second set of templates is nice if you're planning on playing with friends, too.
Two core sets it is then. I'm going to do it. I know that I shouldn't. I know it'll be Heroscape all over again. Me thinking I have to have them all. My wife looking on in shame and disappointment. And my pleas of " But NecroBlade and capsocrates told me to buy it" will fall on deaf ears.

I do hope that two core sets will be enough for a month or two before I buy more? I'm thinking it'll be at least that long.

Great trades with Onacara, Gypsy, SirGalahad, elltrain, generalgina, Concord, Just_a_Bill, LongHeroscaper, janus19390, and the very generous obfuscatedhippo.
Old May 27th, 2016, 10:38 PM
Online HS Season 12 Champ, But Still Three-N-Two

MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by keglo View Post
I do hope that two core sets will be enough for a month or two before I buy more? I'm thinking it'll be at least that long.
It will not be enough for the Rebels, and pushing it for the Imperials. You should buy at least one more expansion for each side.
Old May 27th, 2016, 11:26 PM
Who Bummed Woo

rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

keglo, buying the core set - either one - is just the tip of the iceberg. It is / will be Heroscape 2.0. And truthfully, unless you're planning to jump in whole hog and plan to hit the local game store(s) for competitive play, then the 2 core sets, or whatever you decide to buy, should be sufficient for now. Buy what seems fun because it all is.

But make no mistake. It is plasticrack and you will become addicted. We all do. We all have

"Chewie should move 6, lumbering or not. He's got long-ass legs"-
Old May 27th, 2016, 11:36 PM
My six-year-old sister-in-law calls the shots

capsocrates is a man of the cloth capsocrates is a man of the cloth capsocrates is a man of the cloth capsocrates is a man of the cloth capsocrates is a man of the cloth capsocrates is a man of the cloth capsocrates is a man of the cloth capsocrates is a man of the cloth capsocrates is a man of the cloth capsocrates is a man of the cloth capsocrates is a man of the cloth capsocrates is a man of the cloth capsocrates is a man of the cloth capsocrates is a man of the cloth capsocrates is a man of the cloth

I haven't made it to my FLGS to play in over... 2 months? and my brother hasn't had time to play since then either, so my stuff has just been sitting around, unfortunately.

Your custom probably has too much Defense.
--
Come join the Heroes of Middle Earth in creating Lord of the Rings Customs!
--
Continuing Classic Heroscape: C3V SoV
Old May 28th, 2016, 01:45 PM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by capsocrates View Post
I haven't made it to my FLGS to play in over... 2 months? and my brother hasn't had time to play since then either, so my stuff has just been sitting around, unfortunately.
Quite a few of my miniatures do this from time to time. I had a question to all you guys that play X Wing. I have been on the fence on this one for a while because I have so many other games that sit around but are quite fun. I was talking to some guys that play this, and though they think its fun, they said that it always ends up with two ships flying back and forth past each other for the final sha-bang. The one guy said it almost is always this way. What are the pros and cons of game play here. I love miniatures and love starwars, I just need to be kicked off the fence.
Old May 28th, 2016, 03:33 PM
My six-year-old sister-in-law calls the shots

capsocrates is a man of the cloth capsocrates is a man of the cloth capsocrates is a man of the cloth capsocrates is a man of the cloth capsocrates is a man of the cloth capsocrates is a man of the cloth capsocrates is a man of the cloth capsocrates is a man of the cloth capsocrates is a man of the cloth capsocrates is a man of the cloth capsocrates is a man of the cloth capsocrates is a man of the cloth capsocrates is a man of the cloth capsocrates is a man of the cloth capsocrates is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by TREX View Post
Quite a few of my miniatures do this from time to time. I had a question to all you guys that play X Wing. I have been on the fence on this one for a while because I have so many other games that sit around but are quite fun. I was talking to some guys that play this, and though they think its fun, they said that it always ends up with two ships flying back and forth past each other for the final sha-bang. The one guy said it almost is always this way. What are the pros and cons of game play here. I love miniatures and love starwars, I just need to be kicked off the fence.
My experience is that the game is more varied than that. Even when that happens though, gameplay is pretty exciting.

I love this game. I am not sure I would be into it if it were not Star Wars (although the same mechanics on a hex grid would be cool enough for me to play regardless of theme).

Your custom probably has too much Defense.
--
Come join the Heroes of Middle Earth in creating Lord of the Rings Customs!
--
Continuing Classic Heroscape: C3V SoV
Old May 28th, 2016, 03:49 PM

igelkott is surprisingly tart

Quote:
I was talking to some guys that play this, and though they think its fun, they said that it always ends up with two ships flying back and forth past each other for the final sha-bang. The one guy said it almost is always this way.
In the beginning that was the case, but not so much anymore. Nowadays We do a lot more maneuvering around asteroids and each other to best take advantage of position rather than simple jousting.
Old May 28th, 2016, 10:29 PM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!

I am thinking that I will probably pick up a few sets and then probably clone a handful of tie fighters and other more common ships, as the miniatures are quite expensive compared to many other games, if I jump on board.
Old May 28th, 2016, 11:15 PM
Online HS Season 12 Champ, But Still Three-N-Two

MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth

Quote:
I am thinking that I will probably pick up a few sets and then probably clone a handful of tie fighters and other more common ships, as the miniatures are quite expensive compared to many other games, if I jump on board.
Well, you get more than just the ship. You can several cards and upgrades per pack as well. And you can only fly a max of 8 ships on one side, so the costs are very reasonable.
Old May 29th, 2016, 01:17 PM

I did end up ordering both core sets. I am now considering ordering one small expansion for each faction (Rebel and Imperial), per @MegaSilver 's advice. I would love to get something like the Millennium Falcon, Slave I, Aces, Most Wanted, etc. But they are too expensive right now. I considered Most Wanted instead of the two small expansions. But I figured that one expansion wasn't enough for that faction and I would then have three incomplete factions. So I was thinking..

1x B-Wing (Rebels)
1X TIE Interceptor (Imperials)

Would this be a good choice to go with the core sets? I would love some suggestions before I purchase. (small expansions)

p.s. When searching for TIE Interceptor is see two different models depending on the site. A black one and a white one. Are there actually different models this ship?

Black

White

Last edited by keglo; May 29th, 2016 at 01:41 PM.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Miniatures