Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards
Custom Units & Army Cards Fan-created HS army cards for units, glyphs, and equipment

Old October 25th, 2015, 04:21 PM
Hard as ice

Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death!
Re: TAF's Customs VOLTHRAX HEROES

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazy Orang View Post

EDIT: Also, I'm looking through your thread, and a very significant number of cards just don't seem to be coming up.
@TheAverageFan This seems to be a problem again (though I think with different cards).

My Family's Classic Customs
- The Stiff Corpse
=====================
Old October 25th, 2015, 08:05 PM
Competitive Fan Fiction Champion & Grade A Meme CoNtributor

TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: TAF's Customs VOLTHRAX HEROES

Quote:
Quote:

EDIT: Also, I'm looking through your thread, and a very significant number of cards just don't seem to be coming up.
@TheAverageFan This seems to be a problem again (though I think with different cards).
zzzzz... wha? Huh? Oh, right. I'll get on that soon enough.

Until I can find a better way to put the images on here, that'll continue to happen here and there.

~TAF

EDIT: Should be fixed now. View away!

TAF was the Storyteller...
in THE ENEMY'S LAST RETREAT

Last edited by TheAverageFan; October 25th, 2015 at 09:28 PM.
Old November 11th, 2015, 07:47 PM
Hard as ice

Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death!
Re: TAF's Customs TRIPLE GENERALS

May I ask what figure you used for Gelotz'chi? It isn't listed - also, First Mate Lucy's card isn't coming up for me.

Looking forward to seeing what you do with Ragnar and Tyra.

- The Stiff Corpse
=====================
Old November 11th, 2015, 09:00 PM

TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: TAF's Customs TRIPLE GENERALS

Mr. Otz'chi is a D&D Tyranny Of Dragons Mind Flayer.

I'll get to fixing more of them cards eventually. I'll also have Ragnar Cards up soon!

~TAF, busy*

(* lazy)

Old November 23rd, 2015, 09:33 PM

Arrow Ragnar

Whew! Sorry I'm so late, folks. You see, now that Soundwarp SG-1 (who can still still still stillstilstilstilstlilgrfmlw) is finally done with his 12 Custom Generals, there's no need for me to hurry and not get left behind. Er, I mean I've been really busy with work and stuff and...

Anyhow, today we've got our second-to-last General, Ragnar! Ragnar is no civilized General, using hordes of mindless monsters in favor of armies to fight for supremacy. His methods are simple, brute strength and animalistic fury. Make sure he never recruits this guy:
Spoiler Alert!

Anyhow, designing most of Ragnar's units was simple: they mostly consist of beasts and monsters that are generally unsynergetic and basic (two of these four only have one special power). They make up for that with their brute strength and swarming tactics, however. Let's see if it turned out alright:

Character Bio: Euphrates may be blunt for a Rakshasa, but in Ragnar's army he's a genius. Violent and brutish, the tiger-warrior storms throughout the battlefield, oftentimes letting his fangs and claws do more work than his weapons. Oftentimes they are more dangerous.

Although not the most powerful of Ragnar's warriors, Euphrates can use his wit to survive amongst their ranks, knowing who to pick a fight with and who to avoid. With any other General, he would be nothing more than a brute pawn, but with Ragnar Euphrates is a wise warrior. Relatively speaking.

Euphrates is a simple 100-point Hero who combines 2 existing powers for an interesting twist. Indomitable gives him either a move or attack boost, making him fast and dangerous. On top of that, he also has Maul, not too great of a power typically, but with 2 Attack while on the move, it has a 25% chance of activating. Nothing too special, but he's fast and can hit hard.

Character Bio: The Minotaurs of Arctorus were said to be so strong, no mortal means could kill them. Seeking aid, the people turned to a legendary wizard for help. Casting his most powerful spell, the wizard turned the four minotaurs to stone, ending their vicious rampage.

However, even that could not contain them forever. Every now and again, the beasts' strength causes the spell's power to wane, momentarily releasing the monsters once again, if only for a brief time.

This Unique 4-man Squad is fast, powerful, and hard to kill. 5 Attack and 6 Defense is nearly unheard of for a 4-man squad. But there's a catch: these cursed beasts can only activate themselves once per round, meaning you'll only get to take advantage of those killer stats once every three turns at most. I'm sure there's a way to juggle a squad of these guys while maintaining the rest of your army, but it won't be easy. That single OM could be quite the wild card.

Character Bio: One of Ragnar's most vicious "regiments" is his Rat Army. Swarming across the land like locusts, these monsters will tear anything to shreds, especially the weak and wounded. Worse yet, their tiny size can make them difficult to spot at a distance.

Despite their morbid usefulness, Ragnar has little respect for the hordes, usually letting his bigger summons feast upon the Rats to their heart's content.

With Flood Of Rats, these Common Heroes will get really riled up around bloody heroes, taking up to as many turns as the Marro Drones can. Add that to their Tiny Targets, keeping them safe from ranged fire, and you've got yourself quite the potent swarm army. Be careful, however, with 1 Defense, they'll drop like flies when attacked. Considering that you'll need at least 90 points' worth of Rats to take advantage of their swarming, and these little buggers could start costing you more than you bargained for.

Character Bio: These relentless dogs from Hell are the worst sight for sore eyes. Their viciousness knows no bounds, and the very sight of Hellhounds racing towards one's position is enough to make most soldiers freeze up in terror.

Only the most hardy and well-trained soldiers can keep their cool amidst the Hellhound Ravager's attack, and send them retreating back to Hell with their tails between their legs.

These mutts are interesting to say the least. Their only power Vicious Slaughter negates a small/medium foe's defense dice when there's 2 or more Hellhounds around them. They've got to be 100 points or less, but that can still spell trouble for high-defense foes. Not so great against bigger and badder enemies, these Ravagers still make for great counters against high-defense units like Samurai, Knights, Crixus, and Ne-Gok-Sa.

Well that's all for today. Comment if you would and let me know what you think about the new units. And don't worry, I'll be back soon with our very last Custom General...

~TAF

(figures used:
Euphrates = D&D Zakya Rakshasa
Stonebeasts = Black Scorpion Beastmen Linemen
Rat Swarm = Pathfinders Rat Swarm
Hellhounds = Pathfinders Hell Hound, Goblin Dog, Yeth Hound)

Old November 24th, 2015, 07:11 AM
Hard as ice

Re: TAF's Customs RAGNAR

Another awesome set, TAF - I always love what you come up with, and I get really excited when I see this thread get updated. I think my favourite one this time has to be Euphrates - he just looks like a lot of fun.

- The Stiff Corpse
=====================
Old November 24th, 2015, 12:42 PM
Middle Earth's Saddest Plumber

Son of Arathorn is a penguin with a machine gun Son of Arathorn is a penguin with a machine gun Son of Arathorn is a penguin with a machine gun Son of Arathorn is a penguin with a machine gun Son of Arathorn is a penguin with a machine gun Son of Arathorn is a penguin with a machine gun Son of Arathorn is a penguin with a machine gun Son of Arathorn is a penguin with a machine gun Son of Arathorn is a penguin with a machine gun Son of Arathorn is a penguin with a machine gun Son of Arathorn is a penguin with a machine gun Son of Arathorn is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: TAF's Customs RAGNAR

I have to say, pairing Indomitable with Maul is a really neat trick. Euphrates'll be more effective pouncing on a target than engaging it in continuous melee.
Old December 13th, 2015, 04:38 PM

Arrow TYRA

Sorry for the delay, folks, but I'm finally bringing you the final Custom General brought to us by Soundwarp SG-1 (whocbcajsnqfortsdbmwnytmi)!

The final General in this war is Tyra! She's not really a Valkyrie, and doesn't summon her own armies to do battle like all the others. Rather, her goal is merely to return Valhalla to the way it was: solely inhabited by creatures that were born there. It messes up all sorts of timelines, summoning creatures from other worlds and time periods, so let's fix that! Because of that, most of her forces consist of Kyrie and deserters who share similar goals, for better or for worse.

Character Bio: Olofire once served under Jandar, fighting evil of every shape and size over countless battles. However, as the war dragged on, Olofire's loyalties waned, and his desire to go home began to outweigh his desire to win the war.

Now the Goliath Barbarian serves Tyra, doing everything and anything she asks, all for the same simple purpose: he wants to go home, and he wants everyone else to do the same.

Olofire Quakeblade is quite the powerhouse hero for Tyra. His first and by far most noticeable power: Earthquake Special Attack, packs quite the wallop for anyone within 6 same-level spaces of Olofire. That can be tricky on some hilly maps, and it can hurt friendlies, but in the right spot it can be nothing short of devastating. Olofire can also bring a double attack to a fight when engaged to multiple foes with Surround Takedown. Strong as he is, his Loner ability forces him to be quite unsynergetic. He can't bond or receive bonuses of nearly any sort, making him purely a solo option.

Character Bio: Many of Tyra's forces consist of Kyrie, perhaps most notoriously the Temptresses of Tyra. These she-devils from the South of Kyrien have refrained from fighting in the Battle of all Time for long enough, although that doesn't mean that they'll be doing much fighting themselves.

Some say that these Kyrie are so irresistibly beautiful that all but the most hardened of soldiers will turn on their allies for the sake of protecting them. Because of this, they can create quite a bit of chaos amidst enemy ranks, causing all sorts of confusion and damage.

Tyra's own Kyrie squad can be quite deadly: enough to justify the 140-point tag only the Imperium have previously held. With Siren Shots, Temptresses of Tyra can revoke wounds they've inflicted on a figure in order to take a turn with said figure. This is useful for a number of purposes depending on who they're attacking, although you'll need at least two wounds to take over a unique hero. Their usefulness depends on the enemy's defense, as well as how worth it they are. If the squaddie you hit isn't worth taking a turn with, you might as well just kill them.

Character Bio: Valhalla is a vast and diverse place, filled to the brim with countless species of known and unknown origins. Because of that, it's often hard to say who exactly is the best at something, since there's always something out there potentially even bigger or better.

Even so, many have said with confidence that I. is the most mysterious being to walk Valhalla.

Theorized to be a Valkyrie, this giant Kyrie warrior has tasted wellspring water, and because of that, is actually able to Desummon people, banishing them back to where they started in the blink of an eye. Why this mysterious being is helping Tyra is anyone's guess, and his true motives remain unclear.

This giant Kyrie may be incredibly fragile for the price, but he has quite the power to justify it. I.'s Desummon can send a figure back to its Start Zone in a single 20d roll, and if it's a squaddie he can do it again. This singlehandedly makes I. the master of board control, clearing enemies off of height and letting your own forces get to all the good positions. He can also Desummon your own figures to get them out of a pinch, although Desummoned figures do take passing swipes.

Character Bio: Another deserter from his old army and his old cause, Susumu came to find Tyra in order to find his way home. He quickly fell in love with her ideals, and soon became fiercely loyal to her cause. Now he goes back out into Valhalla with a vengeance, committed to destroying all who do not fly her flag.

Susumu is a nice addition to Tyra's army since he's not 140 points or more. With Tyra Loyalty, he'll gain a nice stat boost when attacking or defending against figures who aren't Tyra, but you'll either need an all-Tyra army or you'll need to save him for last. He makes for a nice beat stick for cheap, a bit more reliable than Isamu provided you can get his Tyra Loyalty going. Of course, if he gets hit before that kicks in, he's toast.

Well, that wraps up all of those new Generals, but that don't mean I'm done making Customs! So let me know what you think, and I'll be back with more before you know it!

~TAF

(figures used:
Olofire = D&D Goliath Barbarian
Susumu = D&D Dragonblade Ninja
Temptresses = Pathfinders Arueshalae, Areeulu Vorlesh, Noticula
I. = Anima Tactics Legacy of Solomon)

Last edited by TheAverageFan; December 13th, 2015 at 05:04 PM. Reason: figures used fixed
Old December 13th, 2015, 05:54 PM
Hard as ice

Re: TAF's Customs TYRA

They look great - I love them! I am ridiculously intrigued by I. - no idea what to make of him.

- The Stiff Corpse
=====================
Old December 19th, 2015, 07:33 PM
Hard as ice

Re: TAF's Customs TYRA

TAF, Ustaroth and the Spirit Husks of Anend aren't coming up, and I'm hoping to get them printed out fairly soon.
Thank you.

- The Stiff Corpse
=====================
Old December 30th, 2015, 10:53 PM

Arrow Curse of Undeath

Hey all! I'm back in action with a great Christmas (New Year's) gift for you all: the remaining figures from the D&D Command Set Curse of Undeath!! Guess what I got for Christmas!?

Anyways, in case you don't know, the Curse of Undeath Set already comes with a few C3V units (glad to finally have Nicolas Esenwein), and a few of the others I've already done Customs for (see also "Derthkell Guards", "Whispers Of Sephtis", and "Ocren" in the OP). But for the rest of 'em, here you finally have it. Enjoy!

Curse of Undeath: In the deepest shadows of the Underdark lurk monsters fouler than any Drow and more vile than any zombie. Skeletons and Cultists lurk around every corner, and powerful Undead foes block your path to the exit... perfect for any D&D Heroscape venture I might add!

Carcass Mutts are cheap and fall easily, but luckily they don't ask for your Order Markers too often. With Scent Of Death, every turn where someone dies you'll get a chance to move a Mutt. That way they'll only cost you one OM for moving and attacking when the time is right. Too bad they're not allowed to move onto Glyphs with that power, however.

Derthkell Guardians are tough if you don't have any big guys to tackle them. With Bladed Assault, they can either attack all those around them, or attack one figure twice, both good options. With Shrug Off, they also get an extra defense die if the attacking figure only boasts an Attack Value of 3 or less, making them tough to kill if you're not packing serious heat. Get someone like Sgt. Drake or Kaemon in there, however, and they're not bound to last too long.

Skeletal Lancers are fast and powerful, like a single Templar Cavalry knight with Galloping Charge. Unlike the Templars, however, Skeletal Lancers can get out of being bogged down with Back Off, moving back passing-swipe-free and setting up for another charge. Provided they can block the attack, that is.

This festering Ozirael Cultist takes on the name of the wormgod Kyuss, and his entire form consists of the vile swarms, devouring and entangling enemies. With Festering Aura, he's got quite a nasty effect on all those around him, wounding enemies and potentially knocking off OMs of Heroes who survive. He's also quite mobile with Underground Tunneling, his worms dispersing and reappearing in a better spot, perfect for setting up his aura. As a Cultist, he also benefits from the Dark Servants' bonding, and as an Ozirael figure he can gain some other benefits.

Like a better version of Othkurik, Drevelec is fast and hits hard. With Swoop Attack, he can move downhill to hit an adjacent target for a whopping 7. Provided he can find high ground, he'll be quite the threat to all those around him. 7 move isn't bad either, and with 4 range he can save his swoop for the right time. Dracolich also means that he's a Dragon, so Greenscales can join the fun too.

Well, isn't that all neato! I'm already in the process of using these figs in my own games for "playtesting" purposes. You too can make great use of these customs should you possess the Curse of Undeath set, so leave a comment or whatever and get gaming!

~TAF

(figures used:
All = D&D Curse of Undeath units)

Last edited by TheAverageFan; January 6th, 2016 at 08:15 PM.
Old January 3rd, 2016, 12:39 PM

MrQuatsch is surprisingly tart
Re: TAF's Customs CURSE OF UNDEATH

I really like your stuff. I am a fan of Hurricane. Is there a card for him (her?)? I have a figure that would be perfect.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards