Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy
C3G Legacy Archive of all the original discussions and workshops from the first stage of C3G.

Old April 5th, 2018, 04:16 PM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth
Re: Public Design Post

That sword sounds like an awesome EQ GLyph.
Old April 5th, 2018, 04:16 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazy Orang View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tornado View Post
Love Reset Time.
Telepathic Suppression feels really scary. I would consider some sort of restriction, like OMs on her card or an X reveal if it plays out too strong.
Those are really nice static powers.

Looking at the Yakuza again I would prefer Common if possible. I would have liked to make the Brits Common but I had a hard time putting them at 1 Life being Judges.
I still really think making them a Unique Squad would work best here. It's different, it's fitting, and it makes them a nice homage to the Classic Samurai squads of yore, which I think would make them a really cool unit. Plus, it makes them a more viable offensive threat themselves, which I think they should be rather than just a support fire unit - I want these guys to be able to rush in with those nasty looking katanas!
I think we just have very different visions for them. With Deadpool, Deathstroke, Silver Samurai, Warpath, Omega Red, & Titanium Man all being fairly significant threats on their own I feel they work better as a defensive support unit rather then an active offensive force. A once per game chance at an auto wound and a free move to engage and set up Ruthless Counterstrike is some pretty solid passive offensive potential. Which is also why I favor the 2 (or even 3) life uncommon approach, a once per game power gets harder to track in a common hero while Ruthless Counterstrike only works if they survive the attack so having more than 1 life is significant.

I also really think your generic ex-soldier merc's with guns squad idea can then serve that more offensive focused squad in support of your mercs role. It would be cool to draft a merc like Deathstroke with both merc support units and each serves a different function in the army.
Old April 5th, 2018, 04:19 PM
Hard as ice

Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yodaking View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Love Reset Time.
Telepathic Suppression feels really scary. I would consider some sort of restriction, like OMs on her card or an X reveal if it plays out too strong.

Looking at the Yakuza again I would prefer Common if possible. I would have liked to make the Brits Common but I had a hard time putting them at 1 Life being Judges.
I still really think making them a Unique Squad would work best here. It's different, it's fitting, and it makes them a nice homage to the Classic Samurai squads of yore, which I think would make them a really cool unit. Plus, it makes them a more viable offensive threat themselves, which I think they should be rather than just a support fire unit - I want these guys to be able to rush in with those nasty looking katanas!
I think we just have very different visions for them. With Deadpool, Deathstroke, Silver Samurai, Warpath, Omega Red, & Titanium Man all being fairly significant threats on their own I feel they work better as a defensive support unit rather then an active offensive force. A once per game chance at an auto wound and a free move to engage and set up Ruthless Counterstrike is some pretty solid passive offensive potential. Which is also why I favor the 2 (or even 3) life uncommon approach, a once per game power gets harder to track in a common hero while Ruthless Counterstrike only works if they survive the attack so having more than 1 life is significant.

I also really think your generic ex-soldier merc's with guns squad idea can then serve that more offensive focused squad in support of your mercs role. It would be cool to draft a merc like Deathstroke with both merc support units and each serves a different function in the army.
I don't suppose it'd be possible to find alternate figures so we could both run a Yakuza card, then? Because I really don't want to abandon the Unique Squad samurai-esque Yakuza idea, but it seems like I'm not going to be allowed to do it because you've got an idea too.

My Family's Classic Customs
- The Stiff Corpse
=====================
Old April 5th, 2018, 04:28 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronin View Post
I think Korvus has Phoenix Fire synergy explicitly to set up the pairing with Rachel. I know TB's write up of Rachel had it. Here.
Thanks for pulling that up, I don't recall seeing that before.

I guess if others are not concerned about the theme behind it then I'd be fine with it on her card too. It could be the 3rd power if others like the other 2 I was brainstorming. As for stats, I was actually thinking hers would be a little higher that what TB had. Just taking these facts about her telekinetic power into consideration:

Defense
: Sustain shields that withstood Jovian atmospheric pressures,[51] and direct blows from Thor's hammer, Mjolnir.

Offense: Create a telekinetic/psionic sword (much like Psylocke's telekinetic katana), a telekinetic hammer powerful enough to knock Thor off his feet.

So instead of creating special powers for telekinetic shields and swords, just incorporate it into her base stats. It is also then becomes something we can adjust up or down as needed to help us zero in on the 270 target price.
Old April 5th, 2018, 04:33 PM
C3G Landlord

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yodaking View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Love Reset Time.

I don't suppose it'd be possible to find alternate figures so we could both run a Yakuza card, then? Because I really don't want to abandon the Unique Squad samurai-esque Yakuza idea, but it seems like I'm not going to be allowed to do it because you've got an idea too.
I'll keep an eye out for other figures that would fit the theme.
Old April 5th, 2018, 06:44 PM
C3G Landlord

Alright, so Lazy and I started talking about repurposed mini options for the Yakuza Squad she wants to run and we decided that Agent Carr repainted to look more Japanese would be a great figure for the Unique Squad. I then went looking through my bag of minis and have come up with ideas for another 2 figures.

This Hitman figure really has the right look, he just needs to replace one of his guns with a sword.

Then this HYDRA Infiltrator also has the right vibe, he just needs a gun (which you can get from Hitman) and sword in each hand.

As for the needed swords, this Kobra Fanatic has two we could use, one for each hand and thus perfect for our needs.

Not sure if it comes across in the pics here but in person they really look like they would fit right at home with an Agent Carr repaint.

Old April 5th, 2018, 07:39 PM
Hard as ice

Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death!

Looks like a good set of figures.

My Family's Classic Customs
- The Stiff Corpse
=====================
Old April 5th, 2018, 07:51 PM
C3G Landlord

Yeah, maybe even give Carr a green jacket to better tie them into a single look.
Old April 6th, 2018, 09:16 PM
Never Forgets

laughing matter rolls all skulls baby! laughing matter rolls all skulls baby! laughing matter rolls all skulls baby! laughing matter rolls all skulls baby! laughing matter rolls all skulls baby!

You aren't using Hitman, because he's an actual character I want to LD, but other than that, the figures look good.

life's short, why not make an impact on the world? make some peoples lives better, have a few good laughs, and then when it's all over go out with BANG!
Old April 6th, 2018, 10:10 PM
Symbiotic

Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by laughing matter View Post
You aren't using Hitman, because he's an actual character I want to LD, but other than that, the figures look good.
They're modding, so the figure could be used for both (modded version for theirs and regular for yours), if you get the tests in so that you can run an LD.
Old April 6th, 2018, 10:14 PM
Never Forgets

laughing matter rolls all skulls baby! laughing matter rolls all skulls baby! laughing matter rolls all skulls baby! laughing matter rolls all skulls baby! laughing matter rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronin View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by laughing matter View Post
They're modding, so the figure could be used for both (modded version for theirs and regular for yours), if you get the tests in so that you can run an LD.
Actually, I think he's drafted, so I'm not going to either way.

life's short, why not make an impact on the world? make some peoples lives better, have a few good laughs, and then when it's all over go out with BANG!
Old April 6th, 2018, 10:17 PM
C3G Landlord

He might be drafted but I don't ever recall seeing a card idea for him anywhere. I don't even know who he is though so I could have just glossed over it.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy